THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!  Second of the three AFC North opponents come to FirstEnergy Stadium, as our 1-2-1 Cleveland Browns have an opportunity, and with the leadership of rookie QB Baker Mayfield,  to win their second home game as they host the 3-1 Baltimore Ravens.  Cleveland seeks  and hopefully to defeats Baltimore at First Energy Stadium for the first time in five seasons.

Cleveland is trying to end their five-game regular season losing streak, and win their tenth game over Baltimore, and defeat the Ravens for the first time since 2015,  in both teams 39th all-time meeting.   Travis Coons kicked  his game winning  32 yard field goal with 6:43 remaining in overtime, to help the Browns defeat the Ravens by the score of 33-30, at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, back on  October 11, 2015.

Jason Campbell lead the Browns, completing his three touchdown passes, two from 1 yard and 20 yards in the first and second quarters to Davone Bess, and 4 yards to Gary Barnidge in the third quarter,  along with Billy Cundiff's 22 yard field goal in the fourth quarter, and his three PAT's gave the Browns the lead the entire game, and defeated the Ravens in First Energy Stadium in their last regular season home win back on November 3, 2013.

Head Linesman Clay Martin leads his officiating crew assigned by the NFL to supervise the game action on the field.

Cloudy skies at 71 degrees, feels like 73 degrees, is the game forecast inside First Energy Stadium, for the 1:05 P.M. kickoff, along with 15% precipitation,  83% humidity, and mild north/northeast winds at 5 miles per hs,our.

The NFL continues their annual and traditional campaign supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month through the American Cancer Society, so the Browns and Ravens, and all NFL teams may likely wear pink NFL authorized team equipment and apparel both on the playing field, and in their sidelines during their games.

NO injuries, also win your second game in the same season since your 3-13, 2015 NFL Season in three years, a nd HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO!!! WOOF! WOOF! BELIEVELAND!

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018100703/2018/REG5/Ravens@Browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/injury-report

https://www.506sports.com/

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You start the thread at 6 AM in GTM+0... 

I guess you live in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, in a lonely island?

3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

NO injuries, also win your second game in the same season since your 3-13, 2015 NFL Season in three years, a nd HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO!!! WOOF! WOOF! BELIEVELAND!

Do you even read your own stuff?

LB Burgess OUT

LB Kirksey QUESTIONABLE (Did not practise all week)

S/DB Randall QUESTIONABLE (Limited Practise both Thursday and Friday). I guess they are not switching him to CB this week.

About Baltimore, they have a very long injury report list, but I don't see many holes (maybe CB Averett). Maybe RB Collins is not at 100% as he did not practise on Thursday, but I can only wish.

It's going to be a tough matchup.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Browns will rip these morons to shreds. Browns 38 Ravens 3

Wait....what? What have you done with our Ghoolie? Lol

Anyway, if you're right it would totally make my weekend. My FSU Seminoles got completely butt-effed by the refs, which is similar to how my Browns lost last week. You can't make this stuff up. Noles executed perfect WR pass for a TD, but refs called double pass. Replay clearly shows the first pass was a lateral, but the refs told the coach, "It wasn't even close and we're not reviewing it." Noles then missed a FG, Canes scored on next drive, game over. I just sat there in complete disbelief. 

So yeah. If our Brownies could just pull out a win today, it'd go a long way to dispel some of my football blues I have going on. I will say that I don't share your confidence. Ravens have the massive advantage in special teams, a solid advantage in defense, and they also have a crap-ton of history on their side. 

But screw all that. I want this win worse than I've wanted one in a while. I want it for the fans, for the players, for our ownership, coaches, and everyone else associated with our team that had their heart ripped out last week in a loss that might've hurt worse than any other I can think of, and that's saying A LOT. I won't lie, I predicted a loss for our team, but I also can't shake the feeling that we're somehow due for a statement game. A "coming out party" of sorts. We've had our defense play great. We've had our offense play great. If we put together a complete game, it could be a magical day for us. However, all that being said, here's my official prediction:

Ravens - 31

Browns - 16

Ravens defense does what it normally does against rookies. Baker turns it over 3 times, but manages to move the ball somewhat effectively until stalling in the red zone. Flacco hits multiple deep balls, and Ravens special teams makes a giant play. Garrett does have 2 sacks, and continues his impressive season. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

LB Burgess OUT

S/DB Randall QUESTIONABLE (Limited Practise both Thursday and Friday). I guess they are not switching him to CB this week.

About Baltimore, they have a very long injury report list, but I don't see many holes (maybe CB Averett). Maybe RB Collins is not at 100% as he did not practise on Thursday, but I can only wish.

Kirskey is playing. Randall is playing. Devalve is ACTUALLY playing. Only person out is Burgess I think. 

But yes. Tough match-up. To put it mildly. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Kirskey is playing. Randall is playing. Devalve is ACTUALLY playing. Only person out is Burgess I think. 

But yes. Tough match-up. To put it mildly. 

Ravens 31     Browns  17

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS gallantly win or lose by 1 or 2 points thus covering the spread. 

One fourth the way through the season they have but 1 win, coulda' been 2 or 3 maybe 4 that's an improvement over 1-31.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS gallantly win or lose by 1 or 2 points thus covering the spread. 

One fourth the way through the season they have but 1 win, coulda' been 2 or 3 maybe 4 that's an improvement over 1-31.

And honestly, when I'm calm that's kind of the message I'm putting out too. The troubling trend is not closing the games out for a myriad of reasons, but we HAVE to close some of these or else we're just going internally believe we're going to lose. I really believe that. And that's why the Oakland game hurt so very much. After the Jets game, I was desperately hoping we'd gotten over that hurdle. We figured out how to win. We had that confidence. Now, I'm afraid of the opposite. 

Yes, we're improved. No, we're not perfect. These close games can't continue to be our kryptonite, or else we're going through another coaching change, fair or not. NFL is a zero sum business. Simply have to win. I have us losing this game, but I very much want to be wrong. I'd love for our home crowd to get another win, to feel that rush, to help us truly build a home field advantage. A division victory against the Ravens would just go so far. 

And I can't BELIEVE someone brought up the blocked FG return for a TD. Jesus, I actually forgot about that. 

I think we can win today if two things happen. 1. Baker has a receiver that doesn't drop the ball. And 2, Baker can overcome his head coaches blunders.  Williams D reminds me a lot of a Rob Ryan D. Lights out.....till the switch gets flipped. Too predictable and very beatable. Almost always almost win.

We no doubt can compete and beat them if we play smart. .dont give up the flacco long ball.  No self injurious penalties.

I think today is our day...27-21 and three picks

Inactives are out...

Baltimore Ravens Injuries
Anthony Averett CB Inactive  
Hroniss Grasu C Inactive  
Robert Griffin QB Inactive  
Jordan Lasley WR Inactive  
Michael Pierce DT Inactive  
Zach Sieler DE Inactive  
Tim Williams LB Inactive  
Hayden Hurst TE Active  

Cleveland Browns Injuries
James Burgess OLB Inactive  
Damion Ratley WR Inactive  
Denzel Rice DB Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Chad Thomas DE Inactive  
Tavierre Thomas CB Inactive  
Earl Watford OG Inactive  

7 hours ago, Nero said:

LB Burgess OUT

the way I read it was no injuries during the game

LQB.gif        1T9P.gif                                                                                                                                       On CBS "Cleveland Beats Suggs"..Flacco gets 2 TD's till he gets Smack O'd..Lamar can only set Tucker up with 3 FG's..Leaving Baker closing down the QB graveyard in Cleveland..Browns--24 Ratbirds--23   Whaaa! Haa! HaHa!🎃🍺 

Archived