THE BROWNS BOARD

Terry P

Westside Steve

How about this, 7 kickers since Phil?

14. I love this, Phil Dawson is playing in his 300th NFL game this weekend. He is 43 years old, still kicking for Arizona. He's only attempted three field goals. He's 1-for-3, misses from 45 and 50 yards. The Browns have had seven different kickers since they let Dawson go after the 2012 season.

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

How about this, 7 kickers since Phil?

14. I love this, Phil Dawson is playing in his 300th NFL game this weekend. He is 43 years old, still kicking for Arizona. He's only attempted three field goals. He's 1-for-3, misses from 45 and 50 yards. The Browns have had seven different kickers since they let Dawson go after the 2012 season.

Just another in a long list of epic failures.  Nothing to see here....move along

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave? 

ABJ 2013......  https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/former-browns-kicker-phil-dawson-says-he-s-leaving-cleveland-with-nothing-but-positive-feelings

940x.jpg

Pro Bowl kicker Phil Dawson declined to reveal whether the Browns offered him a contract to return for a 15th season, but he made it clear he’ll always love Cleveland even though he’s moving on.

“I wish Cleveland nothing but the best,” Dawson said during a conference call this afternoon. “They were some of the greatest years of my life. It’s been an absolute privilege to wear that orange helmet and represent the fans each and every week. So there is nothing but positive feelings in my mind. I look forward to seeing how the organization grows and develops and experiences success. That’s how I truly feel.”

Dawson said as free agency unfolded, the San Francisco 49ers came to the forefront. He signed a one-year deal with the 49ers reportedly worth $2.25 million on Tuesday and said goodbye to the Cleveland media today.

“My agent [Neil Cornrich] did a tremendous job,” Dawson said. “I told him, ‘When things start getting serious, call me. Let’s talk about it.’ And when that started taking place, it was all about the 49ers. I’m on cloud nine right now.
“Once [it] became obvious that there was an opportunity in San Francisco, that became my focus. And the goal at that point was, ‘Let’s make this work.’ So that’s pretty much how the whole thing went.”
Dawson, 39, acknowledged he wanted to join the 49ers because they’re coming off a Super Bowl appearance and are legitimate title contenders.

“I think any competitor wants to win,” Dawson said. ... “Being on a team full of great players and a history of winning, that’s obviously an attractive thing to be a part of. That’s what every player in the NFL wants and I’m certainly no different.”

When pressed about whether the Browns extended an offer, Dawson said, “My focus is 100 percent on moving forward, and that’s just how I’m going to roll with this.”.............

So he left the BROWNS for $2.25M to join a contender.......gladly.

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave? 

Me too. As I recall, he wanted to go west but the Browns putting the Franchise Tag on him prevented that for a couple years.

Mike

2 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Dawson wanted to win. I don't blame him. And got paid. Lol

I don't blame him a bit especially as the franchise dude, not a RB, QB, WR a kicker......but make no mistake he wanted to live in San Fransisco to finish his career not Cleveland. (well now AZ, good golfing I guess)

Archived