THE BROWNS BOARD

Weaponizing Victimhood

MLD Woody

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/06/watch-anti-kavanaugh-protesters-asked-if-he-should-be-given-due-process-their-answers-are-scary

The bedrock of the American justice system is due process, which stipulates that those accused of crimes are entitled to the presumption of innocence. Unfortunately, this foundational principle was not afforded to Brett Kavanaugh after multiple women came forward with unsubstantiated claims of sexual assault.

So how do Americans feel about this? The Daily Caller’s Benny Johnson asked anti-Kavanaugh protesters this week whether Kavanaugh deserves due process and the presumption of innocence. Their answers were nothing short of stunning.

What did they say?

• “In terms of him deserving due process, he’s going for this position, this is what he has to go through.”
  • “Not in this case.”
  • “It’s not about innocent until proven guilty. Yes, [Kavanaugh] is innocent until proven guilty, but that’s not what this is, it’s not a court. This is a job interview.”
  • “I wanna believe it, but his behavior is kinda contrary to that.”
  • “The thing is, it is not about innocent until guilty. It’s about [Kavanaugh] will not stay still long enough and take responsibility for what has happened already…it’s a sham, it’s a total freaking scam.”
  • “They’re letting [Kavanaugh] be innocent until proven guilty, but what about Dr. Ford? I mean, hello?”
  • “His temperament is insane. His rulings are nonsense. He’s a nasty, evil, horrible human being.”
  • “Due process is not what we’re about. … That’s not the issue.”

Awe, adorable. You want to spam my thread and anger me. Maybe get me so mad I'll delete my whole thread! No that's crazy. What kind of sad, little, pathetic child would do something like that?

Cal, can you think of someone that would do something like that? 

well, you are a woodypeckerhead. Every single time, you start the name calling and insults again.

You're MAD that JUSTICE KAVANAUGH WON, aren't you?

you haven't posted a rational, intelligent thought ..OR emotion... on this board since way, way back.

Maybe always.

Need a hanky weepy woodpecker?

Footage of sad, defeated anti-Kavanaugh protesters walking out of the Senate literally wailing & crying streams of tears.
Seconds before I started filming a poop-feathered woodpecker was doubled over sobbing.
A protest organizer told me to respect their “emotional space.”

Trevor Noah is an idiot.  Not that everything he's saying is wrong here, he just speaks from a coward's perspective.  Not sure what anyone is supposed to get from this video. 

If you want to give rapists life in prison or castrate them or beat them to a bloody pulp, the preponderance of men would most likely agree to any one of those terms.  Sure rapists are mostly men, but more importantly they're sick people.  What the MeToo Trevor Noah types are suggesting, is that all men are sick people.  He's a coward for doing so.

Here's a fun fact:  More men get raped than women every year if you include prison.  Wonder why?  Because prison is where the sick people go.  We've been locking them up for years.  How is that not taking women seriously?  Obviously, proof gets people incarcerated for this.

I'm going to trot out the left's favorite sad story for another of their talking points.  Emmet Till.  Remember when that woman formed an angry mob built on false accusations and killed that young man?  It's a story that speaks to the power of proof.  Regardless of the circumstances of that era, none of it ever happened if she had not invented that lie.   Women are very capable of this and they always have been.  Viewing Dr. Ford's story through Emmet Till's eyes should give you a little perspective on the burden of proof.  Emmet certainly was a victim.  Fvck off Trevor.  

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

In my opinion Tex the confederate flag belongs in museums not on state flags. 

I agree. But since 🤴 I have seen it flown on pickups here more than the last 50 years combined. They also invariably had MAGA and/or Trump stickers on the bumpers. There are a lot of prejudiced people living down here and he has given rise to it's open expression like no one since KKK pre-civil rights days. Our only saving grace is that native Texan LBJ signed civil rights into law.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I agree. But since 🤴 I have seen it flown on pickups here more than the last 50 years combined. They also invariably had MAGA and/or Trump stickers on the bumpers. There are a lot of prejudiced people living down here and he has given rise to it's open expression like no one since KKK pre-civil rights days. Our only saving grace is that native Texan LBJ signed civil rights into law.

It was LBJ with the help of republicans. Fighting against it were the democrats in the south known as dixiecrats. Those who fought for civil rights in the 60's were fighting for a  noble cause but that is not the case today. What Martin Luther King stood for is not what black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson stand for.  King preached a message of unity for the country while Sharpton and Jackson have made a nice profitable living by sowing division and strife. 

Those who know Trump best say he absolutely is not a racist and I believe them:

BET founder says Trump is not a racist, and stocks are right to rally post-election

Media mogul Bob Johnson, who met with President-elect Donald Trump earlier this month, told CNBC on Tuesday the post-election rally in the stock market has been a reaction to having a businessman in the White House.

The BET founder, a Democrat, also said on "Squawk Box" that he's known Trump for years and believes Trump wants to work with African-Americans and all Americans to boost the economy.

"To me, I never thought Donald Trump, and I still don't believe it today, was a racist. I don't believe that he's anti-African-American," said Johnson, founder and chairman of The RLJ Cos. "For too long, the African-American community has been ignored by the Republicans because they thought we were always locked with the Democrats."

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our only saving grace is that native Texan LBJ signed civil rights into law.

Think about that Tex, LBJ a Dem President had more Republican support for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.

17 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The democrats have literally been weaponizing victimhood for my entire life. 

Now Trevor Noah says something and all my leftist aquaintences are acting like they haven't been playing the victims forever. 

I'm not claiming the other side isn't claiming victimhood. I would argue women or minorities have more of an argument for being victims than men and white people though. But it's definitively overblown sometimes

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not claiming the other side isn't claiming victimhood. I would argue women or minorities have more of an argument for being victims than men and white people though. But it's definitively overblown sometimes

I completely disagree with Trevor Noah's premise. I hate this entire framework that he's working under - that there is some sort of hierarchy of victimhood. A rape accusation - simply the accusation - can ruin someone's life because of how people treat the accused after it. You have men who are kicked out of college, shunned by their families, by their friends based off only the allegation and without a conviction. Being a victim shouldn't be a d.ick measuring contest to see who's the most oppressed. In this whole clusterf.uck of a situation, both Kavanaugh and Ford are victims, and I wouldn't want to be in either of their shoes. 

19 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

I completely disagree with Trevor Noah's premise. I hate this entire framework that he's working under - that there is some sort of hierarchy of victimhood. A rape accusation - simply the accusation - can ruin someone's life because of how people treat the accused after it. You have men who are kicked out of college, shunned by their families, by their friends based off only the allegation and without a conviction. Being a victim shouldn't be a d.ick measuring contest to see who's the most oppressed. In this whole clusterf.uck of a situation, both Kavanaugh and Ford are victims, and I wouldn't want to be in either of their shoes. 

Sure, I see where you're coming from. A false accusation can ruin someone's life, and we've seen it before. But how often does that happened compared to actual sexual assaults? I get not making it a finger measuring contest but I think making all victims "equal"  is pretty disingenuous. Trying to equate all of this is allowing those that aren't really victims, those actually in the power position, to feel like they're under attack. Trump then comes swooping in saying he'll make everything right again and they won't have to worry anymore. But they never had anything to worry about to begin with, not really.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think making all victims "equal"  is pretty disingenuous.

Does that mean you're comfortable with saying Ford is a bigger victim than Kavanaugh? Vice versa? I certainly wouldn't. What they've both been through sounds like an absolute hell, and I'd reserve it only for the likes of A*t. 

But how often does that happened compared to actual sexual assaults? I get not making it a finger measuring contest but I think making all victims "equal"  is pretty disingenuous. Trying to equate all of this is allowing those that aren't really victims, those actually in the power position, to feel like they're under attack.

Obviously, false accusations don't occur as often actual sexual assaults. That's not what I'm comparing. Victims of both crimes are going to be dealing with a lifetime of mental health issues. Just because one crime is more frequent than the other, it doesn't change the magnitude of fallout for that individual. 

Trump then comes swooping in saying he'll make everything right again and they won't have to worry anymore. But they never had anything to worry about to begin with, not really.

Anecdote - As a former college professor, I can tell you that there have been times where I was terrified that a female I failed for plagiarism was going to falsely accuse me of sexual assault. The policy of never having a closed door when a student of the opposite sex is in your office is in place because apparently this garbage is prevalent enough to ruin careers. Trump saying that women have it great right after saying that it's terrible to be a man accused of rape isn't helpful, but I'd say that about most things coming out of his mouth in front of the press.

Archived