THE BROWNS BOARD

Do we have it?

LBC mike

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

A franchise QB in Baker?

I said it before elsewhere - cool your jets. RG Knee was ROTY, our very own Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl after 1\2 of a season. Does Baker look like he has "The Right Stuff"? Sure, but let's not put him in the HOF just yet. 

5 hours ago, LBC mike said:

A franchise QB in Baker?

Absolutely. FIre your jets, bro. It only gets better.

I don't usually make predictions, but I WILL make this one....I think we DO have a franchise QB in Baker. We'll see in time but he has all the tools, a passion for the game, and smarts. Given good health, he'll be our leader for a long time.

Mike

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I said it before elsewhere - cool your jets. RG Knee was ROTY, our very own Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl after 1\2 of a season. Does Baker look like he has "The Right Stuff"? Sure, but let's not put him in the HOF just yet. 

I get what you're saying, but the poster wasn't saying Hall of Fame, he was just saying "franchise QB". For US...that means having a starting QB for more than a year or two. Lol. And yes, I have ALL the confidence in the world that as long as Baker is healthy, we're good. 

Baker has the guts & game passion that Kosar & Sipe brought to The Muni..The greatest times at The Muni were, we did not have the greatest depth charts in the NFL.But we had Coaches & The QB's play raised each players talent levels on offense or defense and ST. Baker brings the same imho. First the blue collar players showed up with their lunch boxes on the field.Than the fans quit sitting on there hands and no one in any section sat in there seats when the defense was on the field..This is the week we need to raise The Muni spirits from Lake Erie..Go Browns!!  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup... simply too early, but looks promising.

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I don't usually make predictions, but I WILL make this one....I think we DO have a franchise QB in Baker. We'll see in time but he has all the tools, a passion for the game, and smarts. Given good health, he'll be our leader for a long time.

Mike

So your saying it's your fault if he goes down?🤣 Jinxer!😁

11 hours ago, LBC mike said:

A franchise QB in Baker?

Yes.  He's playing like the 1st overall pick Dorsey bet on him being. Even better, Baker is far from satisfied.  Looking at Mahomes and Mayfield that Dorsey drafted in the last 2 years - I guess we can deep 6 all this talk that Big 12 QBs suck.  Is Dalton also from that conference? 

If people haven't seen a huge difference in our ability to score with Baker at QB (vrs all of the QBs on the tent sized T-shirt) in just his early learning curve - they flat out don't want to.  The change in energy and excitement among teammates, fans and coaches isn't by accident. 

Having said that, our WRs and TEs have to up their game to something way better than 9 drops in 1 game (one was a pick 6 = game winning points for Oakland).   That also doesn't mean he won't have games that will remind us he's still a rookie.

Like what I have seen so far, passion,leadership,arm,IQ. Am I jumping up and down? not quite, we have seen this be4, and like others have said. "wait and see" but I'm more of an optimist than a pessimist. But overall, what I see on the field is a passion for the game, someone not afraid to put the ball in any of his receivers hands. Hopefully this is it. And we won't be talking about a quarterback in the 1st round for years to come. And that will allow us to draft the skill players we need to keep this franchise on the up and up. 

4 turnovers in a game? Absolutely no significance in this conversation. 

Mayfield is the deal. Whether he has a buffoon game here or there is not applicable. Everyone has these kind's of days. The kid's abilities are clear and his future at making this team tough to beat is also clear. 

The QB hunt in Cleveland is over. I pray for his health and great protection from the referees.

Darnold, Rosen and what's his azz look like pure schidt.

I am still sick about us passing on Paxton Lynch, but there is still a chance the Browns could sign him and let him mentor Mayfield, I think Baker could learn a lot as a 1year backup to Pax,.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Looks damn good so far.  Not worried about 4 turnovers.  If anyone would catch the damn ball at the start of the game,  he'd have come out looking just like he did vs jets. 

Callaway and njoku are drop machines.  Even Landry dropped a few early passes.  

Hopefully it's just getting timing down with more reps.  

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

4 turnovers in a game does not thrill me...see me in a few weeks

A screwed up snap count, and an int that hits hit his guy in the hands? FWIW, Brady had a couple of those againt the Colts. 

Archived