THE BROWNS BOARD

Kavanaugh yes or no?

Westside Steve

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

What is it about the 2nd 4th or 5th Amendment that you are concerned with having Kavanaugh on the bench? 

WSS

Kavvy outright expresses he beliefs it is more than acceptable to not only violate, but mutilate the 4th amendment protections of citizens because security is greater than natural or Constitutional rights.   (See, NSA)   To quote verbatim  “critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy.”        His stance on the Patriot Act as both "Constitutional and responsible" is a pretty big red flag.  He also believes the governments meta-data collection on citizens is in line with the 4th.  😒

I guess my issue with the 2nd Amendment stance is, I have no problem with expansion of gun rights - I also support the "common sense" laws on access.    The problem is those screaming common sense don't really mean it like I do.   But I believe Kavanaugh supported the ban on clips greater than 10 rounds.   I feel that isn't inline with an expansion on gun rights.  

I also don't like writings that suggest the President can refuse to turn over evidence in a criminal investigation and also refuse to answer questions.  I don't believe any man should be above the law.  Most certainly the President.   

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay then. And I fully agree with him then on privacy vs security. I have no beef with the Patriot Act or collection of metadata. Matter of fact I think the HIPAA laws are a crock of crap. As far as the Second Amendment that ship has long sailed and it's been decided more than once that clamping down on certain types of weapons is perfectly constitutional. It's not a huge leap from Banning a machine gun to requiring all guns be bolt-action single-shot but we will see how that goes.

WSS

45 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah because it would be so cool for any old person to have access to my medical history....? 

Pretty much exactly. Anytime you had her medical facility anywhere in the United States or in the world, I want every pharmacist every registered nurse every nurse practitioner every surgeon every physician to know exactly my entire medical history.

I'm assuming you are against mandatory background checks for firearms correct?

WSS

This has been the saddest, lowest, most pathetic, shameful, despicable, disgusting display by the democrats that I've ever witnessed in politics. I already had no respect for senate Democrats but now Ive honestly lost respect for regular democrat voters who are still going with this piece of garbage dog and pony show and worse yet pretending Its a high road move. 

How does it feel to watch your party fu¢k itself?

On 10/6/2018 at 1:43 PM, Westside Steve said:

Pretty much exactly. Anytime you had her medical facility anywhere in the United States or in the world, I want every pharmacist every registered nurse every nurse practitioner every surgeon every physician to know exactly my entire medical history.

I'm assuming you are against mandatory background checks for firearms correct?

WSS

Then tell them your medical history.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah like I carry my entire detailed medical history in my briefcase where ever I go. I know it makes you feel like an outlaw to be under the radar but aren't you a little bit old for anarchy?

WSS

https://www.healthedeals.com/blog/learn/4-top-apps-for-organizing-your-medical-records/

Here you go.

I don’t believe government needs to invade my privacy for the reasons they have set forth.

12 hours ago, BaconHound said:

https://www.healthedeals.com/blog/learn/4-top-apps-for-organizing-your-medical-records/

Here you go.

I don’t believe government needs to invade my privacy for the reasons they have set forth.

And I have no problem with it. As I said before I think every man woman and child should have DNA on file. Probably a retinal scan for purposes of identification.

WSS

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And I have no problem with it. As I said before I think every man woman and child should have DNA on file. Probably a retinal scan for purposes of identification.

WSS

What about something similar in terms of guns and gun ownership?

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What about something similar in terms of guns and gun ownership?

I think I've said before that I have no beef with background checks. They're not going to be of much use if they have to conform to the HIPAA laws. I mean if somebody had a psychotic break and we're institutionalized that's probably something that should show up right?

WSS

I"m fine with background checks for ccw. At some point, though, in the future, all the information they have on everybody...

one corrupt deep state group, like we have now, could get a hold of the presidency AND Congress, and use it in a manner of "Minority Report".

Under the current democommie party - a corey booker sleaze type could campaign on "those people are criminals, GET THEM before they commit these crimes".

Would anybody be surprised? Look at the nonsense they are doing already.

And, again, in NY, the folks who registered their guns... the left had that list PUBLISHED in the local newspaper.

Think about that.

Information is weaponized-possible.

....soviet dossiers.... nazi dossiers...

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think I've said before that I have no beef with background checks. They're not going to be of much use if they have to conform to the HIPAA laws. I mean if somebody had a psychotic break and we're institutionalized that's probably something that should show up right?

WSS

DNA on file sounds like more of a registry than background checks

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

DNA on file sounds like more of a registry than background checks

Two separate things but you asked me about the HIPAA laws. The HIPAA laws that would prevent somebody from finding out if the prospective gun owner that spent time in the nuthouse. DNA and retinal scans for purposes of identification, but the information that could be unlocked is probably endless. Better than a nine digit number he repeat in front of the people in the bank.

WSS

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

I never said HIPAA once. I saw you advocate for DNA on file for everyone. That sounds like a registry. Which makes me think you'd be for a gun owner registry as well.

Don't be tedious. Just go back a few posts at least part of the conversation between myself and bacon Hound. Remember? Talking about medical history. The sharing of which would be against the HIPAA laws. DNA a triple scans are a separate portion of the same conversation. Even though they could also be helpful in a background check. But those on the left would drop a load in their pants if the hillbilly at the gun show could run a scan and find out if the guy ever had AIDS or an STD or was bipolar.

And before you flip out AIDS or the STD wouldn't preclude a guy from having a gun but having full disclosure of medical records would probably turn that up.

WSS

On 10/8/2018 at 7:25 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I see no real stumbling blocks to getting a warrant.  A logical request made before a judge doesn’t seem like too much to ask.  The warrant process has worked for decades.

Democrat Senate Candidate Phil Bredesen’s Staff Admitting He’s a Fraud — Lied About Supporting Kavanaugh to Dupe Tennessee Voters

Project Veritas Action Fund has released a second undercover video from campaigns during this 2018 election season. This report exposes Tennessee staffers from Phil Bredesen’s U.S. Senate campaign revealing his willingness to court moderate voters through deceit. This was especially evidenced by Bredesen’s recent statement suggesting he would, if he was already in the Senate, vote to confirm now Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/video/phil-bredesens-staff-says-he-is-lying-about-kavanaugh-vote-its-a-political-move-we-dont-say-that-out-of-these-walls/

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

The object of the warrant isn't notified but I think you already know that, or at least I hope you do.

Actually it doesn't matter what some Grand ideal might be in the minds of the legal system I'm talking about in practical purposes.

Let's assume there is no frame planned which would render the entire procedure useless.

WSS

On 10/14/2018 at 8:23 PM, Westside Steve said:

Actually it doesn't matter what some Grand ideal might be in the minds of the legal system I'm talking about in practical purposes.

Let's assume there is no frame planned which would render the entire procedure useless.

WSS

https://lawshelf.com/courseware/entry/exceptions-to-the-warrant-requirement

There are already exceptions to search warrants.  I guess the idea of a totalitarian military state is ok if your guys are in charge.

19 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

https://lawshelf.com/courseware/entry/exceptions-to-the-warrant-requirement

There are already exceptions to search warrants.  I guess the idea of a totalitarian military state is ok if your guys are in charge.

But that's ridiculous and I think you know it. You lean so much of the left but you're not insane like so members of the left. You do realize how silly it is to break out the Republican are Nazis gag right? Have you ever seen me being on board with any of the Obama and his brown shirts stories? Also if we're sticking the topic at all go back and read the line in times of critical National Security. Critical National Security is a big deal. Civil rights have always taken a backseat throughout history in the United States during times of War. Sure some people want to get bombastic and make up examples of police breaking down your door and executing you on the spot for parking violations or something but that's just ridiculous BS.

“critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy.”        His stance on the Patriot Act as both"Constitutional and responsible" is a pretty big red flag.  He also believes the governments meta-data collection on citizens is in line with the 4th.  😒

WSS

On 10/18/2018 at 7:49 AM, Westside Steve said:

But that's ridiculous and I think you know it. You lean so much of the left but you're not insane like so members of the left. You do realize how silly it is to break out the Republican are Nazis gag right? Have you ever seen me being on board with any of the Obama and his brown shirts stories? Also if we're sticking the topic at all go back and read the line in times of critical National Security. Critical National Security is a big deal. Civil rights have always taken a backseat throughout history in the United States during times of War. Sure some people want to get bombastic and make up examples of police breaking down your door and executing you on the spot for parking violations or something but that's just ridiculous BS.

“critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy.”        His stance on the Patriot Act as both"Constitutional and responsible" is a pretty big red flag.  He also believes the governments meta-data collection on citizens is in line with the 4th.  😒

WSS

I'm sorry if you took it as Republicans are Nazis, as I am a Republican, or that I was calling you one.  My point was totalitarian military states are developed, not born.  We already have a enormous military force that has the potential to be abused.  We currently have a blurring of the separation of powers with the executive branch wielding the majority of it.  A nationalist divide has been fostered by our elected leaders.  There is a strong movement by individuals in power to control media and now the standards of privacy that have been set and respected for decades are going to be erased.  Again I think most judges will be on call to approve a warrant that deals with "critical national security".  What the Patriot Act is the government domestically spying. If we are so keen on preventing mass shootings may be in the case of "critical national security" every gun purchased and every prescription for "mental health" should be cataloged and cross referenced and those people should be kept on a separate list.  So it's not about he police knocking down your door it's about protecting everyone from allowing a group of people the access to the data to "investigate" those people who don't align with them.

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I'm sorry if you took it as Republicans are Nazis, as I am a Republican, or that I was calling you one.

I have a hard time believing that you are a Republican or at least in line with most of the general policies. Like Michael Moore is an NRA member.

My point was totalitarian military states are developed, not born.

of course and I have absolutely zero fear of it happening here. 0.

We already have a enormous military force that has the potential to be abused.  

as does every country in the world with a standing army.

We currently have a blurring of the separation of powers with the executive branch wielding the majority of it.  

no different than it's always been. We had all three Bridges under Democratic control  just about a decade ago.

A nationalist divide has been fostered by our elected leaders.  

patriotism seems to go in and out of favor in America. Nothing wrong with it.

There is a strong movement by individuals in power to control media 

oh please. The media is 90% left wing and getting worse and worse and worse about being nothing more than an organization dedicated to doing Hatchet jobs against conservatives. Not to mention the good old days when the fairness Doctrine seem to be cool with you guys on the left.

and now the standards of privacy that have been set and respected for decades are going to be erased.  

decades you say? I doubt that I think you were just mad because there's a republican in the White House.

Again I think most judges will be on call to approve a warrant that deals with "critical national security".

most judges? Maybe? That doesn't fill me with the sense of security. All you need is a few  bad guys to sneak through the lines and ... And critical National Security? If the search turns up nothing with or without a warrant then no harm no foul. If it turns up something without a warrant I would rather have that brought to light. Again critical National Security. I would expand that to include the safety of my loved ones.

What the Patriot Act is the government domestically spying. If we are so keen on preventing mass shootings may be in the case of "critical national security"

Domestic spying. Are you guys against that now? Is it only cool when  the Democrats do it?

As for the gun control  remark which follows , hey you know I think background checks are probably pretty weak defense against mass shootings. I think those on the left just want to holler about them but secretly know they won't help. But again if they are to have any effect whatsoever they're going to have to look deeper into the backgrounds of people with mental illness violent crime prescriptions for psychotic behavior Etc the left is going to want to allow.

every gun purchased and every prescription for "mental health" should be cataloged and cross referenced and those people should be kept on a separate list.  So it's not about he police knocking down your door it's about protecting everyone from allowing a group of people the access to the data to "investigate" those people who don't align with them.

again that seemed to be okay for the Democrats ran the justice department. But again it does seem to me that privacy is more important to those who have something they want to hide. Of course we live in the world were things like refusing to take a breathalyzer will cause you a world of grief. Nobody seems to care about privacy when it comes to a cash cow for a municipality. But I think National Security and harm to the citizens is more important than that, even though you can make a case 4 warrant free DUI checks.

WSS

Archived