THE BROWNS BOARD

A Case For Hue

roach

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Flugel said:

Pretty freaking repetitive.  I guess he's not going to answer any of the questions I had for him.  

The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.

You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough 

Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.

He didn't offer anything.

Zombo

31 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.

He didn't offer anything.

Zombo

What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.

The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over.  There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.

The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over.  There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board. 

Let him have this season. We've played 6 games. After 12 games I think we'll know if he is coming back or not.

Zombo

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Let him have this season. We've played 6 games. After 12 games I think we'll know if he is coming back or not.

Zombo

I agree to keep him for the rest of the season, but ESPN recently ranked him last, at 118th, of all 4 major sports coaches. Could it be they're drastically wrong, or might Hue actually be historically bad? http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24193474/top-50-sports

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.

You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button. 

You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts?    You better get rid of me too Brit-ney. 

I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets. 

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts?    You better get rid of me too Brit-ney. 

I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets. 

Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown when replying to your boy about me.

Once?

You have also just used your boys exact words about me, “temper tantrum”. Where does ones mouth and ones arse begin?!?!

Nope I didn’t get rid of him because the “truth hurts” I got rid of him because he doesn’t let me post without mentioning Sashi Brown.

Funny you mentioned me being British again though, when I say it’s an issue for some of you I get accused of being sensitive 🤷🏼‍♀️

You’ve both got a problem with me for whatever reasons and good luck to you I won’t lose sleep over it. 

10 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown when replying to your boy about me.

Once?

You have also just used your boys exact words about me, “temper tantrum”. Where does ones mouth and ones arse begin?!?!

Nope I didn’t get rid of him because the “truth hurts” I got rid of him because he doesn’t let me post without mentioning Sashi Brown.

Funny you mentioned me being British again though, when I say it’s an issue for some of you I get accused of being sensitive 🤷🏼‍♀️

You’ve both got a problem with me for whatever reasons and good luck to you I won’t lose sleep over it. 

If you came from Syria or Kenya, they would luv ya.

45 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

What? He’d already worked with him. 

Who do you think made that offer then? 

Ummm ... The general manager at the time, Sashi Brown.

You know Hue can't just make his own trades, right?

Z

24 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Ummm ... The general manager at the time, Sashi Brown.

You know Hue can't just make his own trades, right?

Z

He can when he has the owners backing

Why would the Browns let SB do that trade knowing he was going to be fired and that Hue was Staying? 

It was Hue and Jimmy, it’s well known

11 hours ago, Zombo said:

Let him have this season.

I would not be in favor of firing Hue during the season, unless: 

1)  you have his replacement already on the coaching staff (none of the playbooks will change)

2)  you know who you want to hire, he's available, and you already know that he wants the job  (you've had discreet discussions)

You two fellas gotta keep it civil. I feel like too many LondonBrown / Flugel fights arise out of past tension. I like you both and just think you fellas very have different views.

Anyways, like I said, make sense keeping hue for now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's made many boneheaded views.

If he does a 180 and we win 8 games or something crazy, i'd be stoked. But 4-5 games and I think he's toast. Because 4-5 games isn't real "progress", it just means we worked for years to achieve mediocracy, which I don't think dorsey will be cool with.

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown

Once?

Something is really hitting a nerve, which wouldn't happen if it wasn't true.  "Temper tantrum" isn't just one person's exact words about you in here. 

As for the frequency.  Obviously, I was talking about the only time I did that before this thread when you were crying about John Dorsey the night Cleveland beat the Jets.  That's not exactly the "every time" frequency you're over-exaggerating.

Is it really that Dutch doesn't let you post without mentioning Sashi?  Or, is it that he sees your sour grapes turning into whine about Sashi almost every time your posting?  He's just reporting the inconvenient inventory. 

Don't look now but you're in the process of convincing Zombo you've got a great big asss bleed over Sashi's departure.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

He can when he has the owners backing

Why would the Browns let SB do that trade knowing he was going to be fired and that Hue was Staying? 

It was Hue and Jimmy, it’s well known

The trade was a full month before he was fired.

They didn't get it done in time.

If anything. The incompetence in executing the trade accelerated his exit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21317473/sabotage-aj-mccarron-trade-cleveland-browns

38 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

You two fellas gotta keep it civil. I feel like too many LondonBrown / Flugel fights arise out of past tension. I like you both and just think you fellas very have different views.

Anyways, like I said, make sense keeping hue for now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's made many boneheaded views.

If he does a 180 and we win 8 games or something crazy, i'd be stoked. But 4-5 games and I think he's toast. Because 4-5 games isn't real "progress", it just means we worked for years to achieve mediocracy, which I don't think dorsey will be cool with.

I feel the same way you do about Hue.  And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games).  Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks?  I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out. 

I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I feel the same way you do about Hue.  And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games).  Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks?  I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out. 

I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.

I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...

You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks?    Is that progress or congress?  Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.

30 minutes ago, Flugel said:

You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks?    Is that progress or congress?  Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.

All I know if a coach made stupid rah rah speeches like this cornholio does .. I would laugh My butt off and ask to be traded or released.. Hue is a master at buffoonery!

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

All I know if a coach made stupid rah rah speeches like this cornholio does .. I would laugh My butt off and ask to be traded or released.. Hue is a master at buffoonery!

You don't have to sell me on your hatred of the guy Nicks. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

You don't have to sell me on your hatred of the guy Nicks. 

Not trying to sell ya anything Flugs.. Every man has a right to believe what they like.. I'm just underwhelmed..

4 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline.  He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC.   There is no case to keep the  huebatross. 

I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow. 

I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know? 

27 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow. 

I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know? 

Hue Jackson is the top guy. He is responsible period. No discipline = Hue.  S h  i T flows downhill and starts from the top.  A PI penalty comes from playing hard. Procedure penalties are lack of discipline and are the HC responsibilities. Hue is too PC to be a HC

24 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Jiggs, it's almost like those in a hurry to fire the Head Coach refuse to see this has been 1 franchise that never hired a long term upgrade to the despised ones they protested since 99. The problems thecurrent fire the Head Coach crowd refuses to see IMO:

1. Hiring criteria or the complete lack thereof by the Owner doing the hiring of guys they already disapproved of.
  2. Availability of long term upgrade available among the unemployed ranks at this time.
  3. Picking 1 Coordinator over the other (that already failed as a HC elsewhere) can't possibly improve the environment.
  4. It can pull the rug out from under our young players with progress like Schobert, Garrett, Ogunjobi, Ward, Baker, Harrison,etch by removing the system learned from 1 that may not be quite as compatible.
  5. There was a previous popular opinion (now very inconvenient to this topic) that the franchise was tanking to improve our draft position as if we didn't already have Carson Wentz on our doorstep at #2 overall before we traded out and ended up with COREY COLEMAN (cut by 3 different teams in 2018). It looks like we could have traded back again and landed Ohio State's Michael Thomas.  Just blame Hue right? So, we have chances to to draft Mahomes or Watson which deferred us to training a top rookie QB until Hue's 3rd year.  And the 2nd round round pick we got for wasting time and money on Brock O chased a previous 2nd round pick out of town anyway.  So, here's Rookie QB training roller coaster that at least has more excitement to it than the previous FO gave us in 2017.
  6. Love it or hate it, when Hue was an OC of a team that had more talent in Cincy - his last gig in that capacity was 12-4 football.  Take a look at how that offense fell off a cliff in 2016 and 2017.  Their Pro Bowl Tackle Andrew Whitworth had the very same praise for Hue that Joe Thomas gave him.  That carries more clout than people that show up here every single year with nothing but fire the coach crap.
  7. The competitive value in 5 of the 6 games shows ideal chances for this team to win late in the 4th quarter, and in 3 cases, OT. 

If we only win 4 games, I'll at least agree Hue needs to be fired.  That said, I can't tell you I have an ounce of confidence in the next HC hiring process.  I'd want someone like Jim Schwartz which means I'll get sentenced to a Ryan brother, Whisenhunt or an equivalent. Yay!

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How about 4.5 which seems about where we are headed, if that?

I just do not see Hue making it to 2019 as head coach. 

This is purely my speculation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if it had been up to Dorsey, he would have gotten rid of Hue at the end of last season and brought in "his" guy. I'm guessing that he was brought back to show the NFL that the Haslams aren't people who have itchy trigger fingers, after firing Chudzinski after one season, Pettine after two. 

Unless the Browns put up a 8-10 win season, I think he's gone. 

Archived