THE BROWNS BOARD

A Case For Hue

roach

47 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

They lose 4-5 in a row like they did yesterday, it will happen

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

You can say that all you like but I hope you're prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season, especially if they win 8-10 games.

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

This is not the premier league.

5 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

Precisely...   should be fired no matter what.  So the Browns go on a winning streak.  Win the AFC North...win a couple playoff games and then win the Super Bowl and in Londons world.....we fire the coach.   

I realize that we are extremely unlikely to win the super bowl or even make the playoffs, but to say that he has to be fired no matter what the record at the end of the season is very short sighted.

40 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

This is clearly Dutch oven under another name. 

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Short sighted lol

3-34-1

Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed. 

Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

Just now, Mark O said:

Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as shit isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as Sheet isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

But that’s your opinion and that’s fine with me. 

I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

But that’s your opinion. I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year goes, potentially next year as well.  

Just now, Mark O said:

I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year goes, potentially next year as well.  

Sorry yes it wasn’t you. Apologies. 

35 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

This is clearly Dutch oven under another name. 

Why would I post under a different name when I have absolutely zero problem with calling people out for being idiots under this one? 

Christ, under this name I tried to get PoG to bet me $1000 on whether the Browns would draft Barkley... 😝

14 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year 

NOBODY disagrees with this! 

That's the hilarious thing about LondonBrown, he's trying to make himself out to be some martyr who is getting Sheet for being anti-Hue, when almost the entire board has at the minimum serious doubts that he's the guy who should be here past this season. 

And now he's playing the victim with "someone said I should have no opinion because I'm from England" nonsense, months after throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to leave the board because "someone said I'm an alcoholic" or some other nonsense. Dude is a drama queen. Jesus LondonBrown, you are a smart guy, but man alive you are a baby.  

38 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

But that’s your opinion and that’s fine with me. 

I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

I didn’t say anything about your homeland, I just said “this isn’t the premier league” 

Your opinion was invalidated by your statement, not where you are from. You didn’t even respond to what I said in regards to your opinion, you just accused me of being another member of the board 🙃

I was going to defend my fellow european friend, but after the Brexit I'm just taking pop corn. 

And now that I'm at it... MAGA.

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

All we have to do is fire the Head Coach?    I've been hearing that since 1999 and it's 2018.  That being the case, why haven't we found/kept the upgrade yet?  Doesn't that remain a bigger problem than the symptom you're complaining about?

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

All we have to do is fire the Head Coach?    I've been hearing that since 1999 and it's 2018.  That being the case, why haven't we found/kept the upgrade yet?  Doesn't that remain a bigger problem than the symptom you're complaining about?

LB's vendetta against Hue for getting his boy Sashi fired is strong, Flugs. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You're a funny guy and no more than a little about football...

... makes it all the sadder that you don't stick to those things.

All this 8 win stuff will be mute. They will be lucky to win 6 games

And he will be fired for that record

you cant waste a possible franchise QB with the WORST COACH IN NFL HISTORY 

41 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

All this 8 win stuff will be mute. They will be lucky to win 6 games

And he will be fired for that record

you cant waste a possible franchise QB with the WORST COACH IN NFL HISTORY 

You're the same one who said repeatedly that they'd never win another game with Hue as coach early in the season and now they've won 2 so I feel confident that winning 6 is now more likely because you say it isn't likely to happen.

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yep that’s what it is, the Browns record under Hue is nothing to do with it. 

Even the guy on the other side of that hole in the restroom wall must be sick of you, never have I known a bigger arsehole. 

Archived