THE BROWNS BOARD

Earl Thomas can be had cheap. Dented HOF in his prime.

SkippinTurtles

Pete Carroll has been trading damage goods from Seattle since he got there..whats a broken leg? by the trade deadline, some team could throw Pete some picks for his rights?..Duke Johnson could be on that list by then too.. 

Earl Thomas is special.  The Legion of Boom required his superior talent and his leg break isn't any type of career-ender.  Smaller Ronnie Lott.  Myles Garrett would have a dude on his level in the secondary.  Pretty cheap.  Myles and Earl would be a MLB (prolly not Schobert) away from a foundation.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

If this was last season, sure. But I think Randall has been playing very well for us at FS

not saying yay or nay on Thomas next year, but there is no reason randall and him cant be on the same team.  Play thomas every down and  have packages for randall, a lot on third down.  Randall has played corner as well in the past.  We're going with an extra guy in that role a ton of plays anyways with your boy on the bench

6 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Earl Thomas is special.  The Legion of Boom required his superior talent and his leg break isn't any type of career-ender.  Smaller Ronnie Lott.  Myles Garrett would have a dude on his level in the secondary.  Pretty cheap.  Myles and Earl would be a MLB (prolly not Schobert) away from a foundation.

Sure, I want a guy who wants a big contract, and flips the bird when he's carted off. Same sort of fans who want Le'veon Bell. Don't need guys who want top dollar. How did "I'm only here for my check" Kenny Britt work out for us? Big Buck Suh didn't get the the 'Fins to the Super Bowl either. Yawn- more name chasing. 

Will we be interested next year? Possibly, but not if he wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Archived