THE BROWNS BOARD

Common Sense gun control

Westside Steve

On MJ legalization in Colorado. You would not believe how many friends asked me if I used pot while in Colorado in the one day I've been back. I did see a couple of MJ stores, one in Lyons right on the main street on the way through town towards Estes park. Kind of weird. I wonder how many people are still in jail/prison for it in Colorado for offenses before legalization.

I also wonder where Bloomberg got the idea that 95% of all murders are young minorities. Never have seen that stat before. Was he talking only about murders in cities?

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

On MJ legalization in Colorado. You would not believe how many friends asked me if I used pot while in Colorado in the one day I've been back. I did see a couple of MJ stores, one in Lyons right on the main street on the way through town towards Estes park. Kind of weird. I wonder how many people are still in jail/prison for it in Colorado for offenses before legalization.

I also wonder where Bloomberg got the idea that 95% of all murders are young minorities. Never have seen that stat before. Was he talking only about murders in cities?

He got it from the NYPD of course. 

http://narrative-collapse.com/2017/05/13/nypd-blacks-latinos-commit-overwhelming-majority-of-crime/

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

So actually he just needed to specifically say NYC and site the report. That would leave less margin for ridicule.

If I were a minority living in a high crime neighborhood having a firearm for protection would be one of my highest priorities and if the second amendment wouldn't protect my right to own a gun then we only have a second amendment in name only. Also we know if they took away gun rights from minorities the criminals will still have the guns and only the law abiding citizens will be disarmed. This is the problem with liberal solutions to gun control. It only takes away gun rights from law abiding citizens. Design legislation that affects the law breakers.

criminals won't listen to laws.

"hello"

they break the law. They are criminals. Taking guns from people who won't ever break the law, just gives the hoods

more incentive to commit crime. They don't have to worry about good guys/gals with guns in their homes.

It's no solution. Doesn't solve the problem. But it does make good folks far, far more vulnerable to violence, like antifa...

drug cartels... I suppose the left wants people to feel insecure in their lives - physically/financially/legally...

because then most people will vote for security. "Security" provided by an all powerful federal government.

Archived