THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

Here is this weeks  Survey.   Give your answers or opinions:

1. State in order behind the Indians, your preference for which team you would like to see win the World Series.  I will allow NO answer where the Tribe is not the #1 choice!! 

2.  Only 2 teams remain undefeated in the NFL,   Chiefs and Rams.   Do you see these as the favorites for making the SB.....or do you see someone else?

3. Which of the 4 rookie QBs:   Mayfield,  Darnold, Allen, Rosen,   do you honestly, objectively think have looked the best so far this year?  (Understanding that a couple have only started 1 game each)

4. What are the biggest problems for the Browns so far that you did not anticipate coming into the season?

5. In what area have the Browns  performed better than you expected so far this year?

6. Browns are 1-2-1.   Where are the Browns, record wise compared to what you objectively thought they would be? 

Just now, The Gipper said:

My own opinions:

1. State in order behind the Indians, your preference for which team you would like to see win the World Series.  I will allow NO answer where the Tribe is not the #1 choice!! 

1. Indians   2. Brewers   3. Rockies  4. Cubs  5. As   6. Astros  7. Braves  8. (Fook the) Dodgers  9. (Fuyuck the) Red Sox  10.(Fuhuck the)  Yankees

2.  Only 2 teams remain undefeated in the NFL,   Chiefs and Rams.   Do you see these as the favorites for making the SB.....or do you see someone else?

I DO see the Rams as the team to beat in the NFC, for sure.  Big win for KC.....but never count out the Pats (even if I would like to) And I think both Ravens and Bengals seem to be doing muc better than I anticipated.

3. Which of the 4 rookie QBs:   Mayfield,  Darnold, Allen, Rosen,   do you honestly, objectively think have looked the best so far this year?  (Understanding that a couple have only started 1 game each)

I do not think the Mayfield takes a back seat to any of them, based on his 1.5 games.  He put up 42 freeking points in a loss.  

See my follow up post for the stats on each.

4. What are the biggest problems for the Browns so far that you did not anticipate coming into the season?

I would say special teams, but those were anticipated.  So I have to say  pass coverage.  Still a lot of Ole'   defense it seems.

5. In what area have the Browns  performed better than you expected so far this year?

Ogunjobi is looking good.  I think the running game is good.  

6. Browns are 1-2-1.   Where are the Browns, record wise compared to what you objectively thought they would be? 

Honestly.....about right.  Maybe ahead with that tie.   With Hue Jackson at our helm, getting ONE freaking win at this point is all I could honestly anticipate.   While the Browns could be  4-0,  or 3-0-1.....it is dreaming to say that anyone could have expected that sort of record.

Rookie stats so far:

Mayfield:  38/64,   59.4% completion percent   496 yards,  2 TDs  2 Ints,  13.1 yards per completion, 248.0 yards per game,  81.2 rating

Allen:  55/103,  53.4%,  666 yards,  2 TDs  4 Ints,  12.1 ypc,  166.5  ypg,  63.8  rating

Darnold:  73/127  57.5%,  868 yards, 4 TDs  5 Ints,  11.9 ypc,  217 ypg,  72.6  rating

Rosen:  19/34,  55.9%,  216 yards 1 TD, 1 Int,  11.4 ypc,  108 ypg.   72.7 rating.   (Ypg stat skewed because it shows he played in 2 games, but in one of those games he only was in for like 4 plays)

Mayfield:   best comp %,  best ypc, best ypg, best rating.    Best TD/Int. ratio.

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

2) Brewers 3) Rockies 4)Astros

Yes, but if the Chiefs don't have home field they won't get there.

Mayfield...he has provided a spark. Rosen hasn't played enough (yes, only a half less than Baker). The other 2 have been up and down.

Kick returner and the offensive line can do a lot better. 

Pass coverage,until Mitchell got hurt. 

I thought they'd be 2-2 at this point, so not far off. I had them beating the Steelers and Jets..

Astros... could care less beyond the Tribe and the 'stros.

Rams are my pick to take it all.

Too early to tell. All have flashed potential. None have established their potential... but I like Baker's odds.

LBs... so far only Joe has played to his 2018 form.

OL... they are coming along.

I had us starting 2-2... so not far off... but in different manner. I had beating the Jets and OAK and losing to PTG and NOLA.

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Baseball is more boring than soccer. 

Rams is a clear favorite. Chiefs will have their usual downhill at the end of the regular season. Bears look good.

Mayfield. Mistakes but a lot of promise with his arm, intelligence and fire. I haven't studied thoroughly the rest, but I'm glad we didn't pick Allen and I'm pretty much happy with our #1 overall selection.

Run defense. We were good last year. Now I guess we might be missing some DTs we had last year...

Turnovers. We turned around that stat.

In the same line. Though they are playing maybe a bit better than expected and have a lot of positives. We could be easily 4-0 and that's astonishing.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Baseball is more boring than soccer. 

But in professional baseball someone actually has to score, no dreadful 0-0 ties. Plus time between innings and on pitching changes to get hotdogs and beer or a bathroom break.

Edge - baseball.  ;)

41 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Plus time between innings and on pitching changes to get hotdogs and beer or a bathroom break.

Edge - baseball.  ;)

In soccer it is forbidden going to get a hotdog or some drinks during the match and it is punished with death penalty. 

Come on, man.

I wouldn't like to see anyone win the WS other than Indians.

Rams should make it, Chiefs won't

Mayfield is a little ahead of the field.

I didn't expect special teams to be a disaster. I thought we'd have more veteran depth at WR and we'd utilize Nojoku better. Defensively we have suffered from injuries to Kirksey, Ogbah and now Mitchell, I expected the cornerback depth to play better than they have so far.

The run blocking has been really good, Mayfield has hit the field sooner and better than I thought. Good speed on offense, especially the rookies Calloway and Chubb. Myles Garrett healthy and playing every snap has been a godsend, the linebacker play has been good, Ward has developed quickly on the outside and the turnovers have been great. 

Thought they'd be 2-2 at the worst.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

In soccer it is forbidden going to get a hotdog or some drinks during the match and it is punished with death penalty. 

Come on, man.

OMG that's horrible! :o

Hotdogs, baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet......The AMERICAN WAY!  Is this a great country or what. (except for that creeping soccer thing in the USA)

10 hours ago, Nero said:

Come on, man.

I would think soccer fans would make an exception for fans getting up during a match to chow down on phallic-shaped food, pared well with a nice Appletini. 😉

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Astros... could care less beyond the Tribe and the 'stros.

After further review I need to amend this answer...

After us and the Stros I'd root for Oakland and Billy followed by any remaining "small market" team.... which I guess means Milwaukee.

1. Indians   2. Brewers   3. Rockies  4. Cubs  5. As   6. Astros  7. Braves  8. (Fook the) Dodgers  9. (Fuyuck the) Red Sox  10.(Fuhuck the)  Yankees

So, we can  strike two teams from the list.

Archived