Predictions four games in? (2018)

tinythinker

Predictions four games in? (2018)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Browns win in 2018

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12

Went 1-4.  I thought they’d be 1-3 and they are 1-2-1.  How they get there is irrelevant to me.  NFL is a bottom line league where wins matter and loses, and ties, don’t.  Disappointed again this year.

The Pumpers can roll in ecstasy all they want about ties and bad luck but 0-17, 1-16 or 5-11 is all the same ole $hit to me.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Went 1-4.  I thought they’d be 1-3 and they are 1-2-1.  How they get there is irrelevant to me.  NFL is a bottom line league where wins matter and loses, and ties, don’t.  Disappointed again this year.

The Pumpers can roll in ecstasy all they want about ties and bad luck but 0-17, 1-16 or 5-11 is all the same ole $hit to me.  

I agree BUT the one difference is we now have a QB, and I believe that will all my heart. That changes everything because if it's true, we can build for the future. Not rebuild, BUILD. A QB allows us to do that. Think about it, the next draft you won't even HEAR the word quarterback. That's so huge. So yes, this is all the same old crap, we all know it deep inside. Nothing has really changed, and that's just how it is. However, we now have our QB, so while this year will suck, it doesn't mean the future will. For once. 

We're not going to win many more games, and that's just how I see it. For instance, we play the Ravens this week. My only hope is that Baker Mayfield doesn't get hurt. I could give a darn about winning because I literally see no way that happens. The Ravens have the best special teams in the league. They're top 5 in every important defensive stat. They're top 5 in passing offense, and you saw what Carr did to us. Oh, by the way, the Ravens are something like 19-1 against us in the past 20 games. Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I agree BUT the one difference is we now have a QB, and I believe that will all my heart. That changes everything because if it's true, we can build for the future. Not rebuild, BUILD. A QB allows us to do that. Think about it, the next draft you won't even HEAR the word quarterback. That's so huge. So yes, this is all the same old crap, we all know it deep inside. Nothing has really changed, and that's just how it is. However, we now have our QB, so while this year will suck, it doesn't mean the future will. For once. 

We're not going to win many more games, and that's just how I see it. For instance, we play the Ravens this week. My only hope is that Baker Mayfield doesn't get hurt. I could give a darn about winning because I literally see no way that happens. The Ravens have the best special teams in the league. They're top 5 in every important defensive stat. They're top 5 in passing offense, and you saw what Carr did to us. Oh, by the way, the Ravens are something like 19-1 against us in the past 20 games. Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha. 

We still lack true speed talent on offense, please pump the brakes on Chubb people, and the O-Line is extremely inconsistent.  Our defense lacks depth and special teams, with the exception of Colquitt, are horrific.  You add all that up with the culture of losing and it’s going to be a tough go if it.  Ward seems like a solid pick , not sure about Baker as I watched the same mistakes at OU but fingers are crossed.

I said 0-4.  I figured NO WAY THEY WIN WITH HUE.

They got lucky the Jets are coached by a moron

How many more games before Hue is fired?

They are only a 3 point underdog to the Ravens. This is a different team. Problem is, it is the same idiot running the show. You put a blind guy behind a Yugo, or a Maserati....the results will be the same.

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

At least 12, so calm down. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

They are only a 3 point underdog to the Ravens. This is a different team. Problem is, it is the same idiot running the show. You put a blind guy behind a Yugo, or a Maserati....the results will be the same.

Exactly. The Negative Nancys who are spouting the Ravens are looking at this as a walk though are badly mistaken. They saw what happened when the Vikings thought all they needed to do was show up against the Bills (in Minny no less) and got smoked. Call it pregame hype if you want, but the Ratbird defensive coordinator is duly impressed at what he's seen of Baker so far. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly. The Negative Nancys who are spouting the Ravens are looking at this as a walk though are badly mistaken. They saw what happened when the Vikings thought all they needed to do was show up against the Bills (in Minny no less) and got smoked. Call it pregame hype if you want, but the Ratbird defensive coordinator is duly impressed at what he's seen of Baker so far. 

Ya know, I just thought the same thing, and I'm no optimist anymore. Problem is, I just don't see the Ravens failing to show up in a division game. On the road. Against us. But...one can hope! 

Terrell Suggs had a quote a year or two ago, and it pretty much nailed it. He said, "Whenever we play the Browns, we know it'll be one of our toughest games all year. But we know that we'll make the plays in the 4th quarter, and the Browns will fold." 

*nodding*

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Larry, it is good to be ridong the same.bus with you again. If Hue stops his stupidity and the team stpps giving the ball away the Browns can beat anyone.

11 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, it is good to be ridong the same.bus with you again. If Hue stops his stupidity and the team stpps giving the ball away the Browns can beat anyone.

I hope that's true, I really do.  Baker had a good first start against a team that really couldn't pressure him consistently.  It'll be a MUCH different ball game this weekend, and I'm hoping he can adjust.  To be honest, I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured.  That's my biggest fear.  Forget losing, I just don't want to lose my QB. 

18 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Looks like you are NOT one of the fans who think this team could potentially be 4-0 right now.

But sure, let's just blame Hue for everything that has gone against this team to start the season out 😀

Good news for Baker this week, its a home game AND the defense can't be much worse than it was last week.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Looks like you are NOT one of the fans who think this team could potentially be 4-0 right now.

But sure, let's just blame Hue for everything that has gone against this team to start the season out 😀

Good news for Baker this week, its a home game AND the defense can't be much worse than it was last week.

This is a bad, bad match up for us. Ravens have pretty much the best defense in the league, they get their best corner back in Jimmy Smith, and their defense is giving up the fewest yards per play. Btw, Ravens have given up 9 second half points ALL YEAR. 

YO. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is a bad, bad match up for us. Ravens have pretty much the best defense in the league, they get their best corner back in Jimmy Smith, and their defense is giving up the fewest yards per play. Btw, Ravens have given up 9 second half points ALL YEAR. 

YO. 

I know the Ravens are looking like the top dog in the North this year. And their defense is always legit. Basically every year.

I told a buddy before the Saints game “Do NOT expect to win this game” and we almost did.

The defense might be back in business this week. They match up a lot better against the run... I would hope

And random fact, Ratley is the number 4 on depth chart on Madden with better speed rating then Callaway and he is 6’3...And I sh”* you not, it says Peppers has a “0” kick return rating, which is a glitch or intentional.. LOL

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

YO. 

once again, your fooling yourself Mr.Roboto 

more throwing of Styx with no Stones 😛.. have they seen our 2nd halfs?(21,12,18,25) give me Haley & Baker over 9 points..

14 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I know the Ravens are looking like the top dog in the North this year. And their defense is always legit. Basically every year.

I told a buddy before the Saints game “Do NOT expect to win this game” and we almost did.

The defense might be back in business this week. They match up a lot better against the run... I would hope

And random fact, Ratley is the number 4 on depth chart on Madden with better speed rating then Callaway and he is 6’3...And I sh”* you not, it says Peppers has a “0” kick return rating, which is a glitch or intentional.. LOL

The Saints were a very tough match up, and you're right, we played well. I guess what bothers me is that we needed a stop and couldn't get it. Sound familiar? Our defense matches up decently against Ravens, but I expect this to be a game where we punt a lot and our defense gets tired in the second half. Maybe we're down 7 in the first half and lose by 17. Something like that. Can we win? Of course. We can have a very solid game and pull it out, but I just don't see it. We're playing against a good team AND a bunch of rotten history. Tough opponents. 

How do we win? We need a defensive touchdown and a monster game from Myles. We need steady pressure on Flacco and we must hold them to FG's. Last week against Oakland, the Raiders had 21 points off our 3 turnovers. We scored 10 points off our first NINE turnovers. That's a recipe for losing. We need to turn the ball over on defense, and then punch it in for 6. We get a defensive touchdown, force some turnovers and SCORE off them, and hold Ravens to FG's....we can win. 

Don't be surprised to see a low scoring first half. The end of the 2nd quarter will be the witching hour. That is when we've historically given up a score and gone into half down on momentum (although we've done good this year). 

The second half. This game will definitely come down to the second half. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

once again, your fooling yourself Mr.Roboto 

more throwing of Styx with no Stones 😛.. have they seen our 2nd halfs? give me Haley & Baker over 9 points..

I'll be so happy if you're right!! 

OK, I'll break it down. I think there's a 90% we lose (bare with me). I believe the Ravens are the better team. I give them the edge in defense, offense (because we have a rookie QB, but it's CLOSE), and especially, ESPECIALLY special teams. I mean, we're a flat out dumpster fire on special teams, and the Ravens don't eff around. 

But...BUT....we have a chance to win (I know I previously said we have no chance, but even I know there's always a prayer). I tell you one thing, we need to catch the darn ball. We also need to punch it in if/when we get to the red zone. No question. We won't win with FG attempts, promise. We also need to quash the turnovers on offense. Smart passes, catching the ball, recovering a fumble if we put it on the ground. All that needs to go our way. 

What I'd really love? Another home victory. A home, DIVISION win. That would be two W's in a row, at home, and maybe...just maybe...start to develop a real homefield advantage. THAT would be cool. But am I expecting it? Sadly no. Whereas I believe we're better than last year, I don't think we're good enough to slay a giant. And make no mistake, the Ravens are a giant right now. 

17 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

...just maybe...start to develop a real homefield advantage. THAT would be cool. But am I expecting it? Sadly no. Whereas I believe we're better than last year, I don't think we're good enough to slay a giant. And make no mistake, the Ravens are a giant right now. 

Were you around in the Muni days? or did they eat your tickets?;)..We faced the same Mavens team that tie their cleats the same way we do twice every season. last, 27-10 at FE,Balt.1 sack us 2. Balt 0 turnovers us -4//////24-10 at Balt. 2 sacks us 3. Balt -2 turnovers, us -5 with 11 penalty's..No giant secret in the game plan here..

18 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Whereas I believe we're better than last year, I don't think we're good enough to slay a giant. And make no mistake, the Ravens are a giant right now. 

Exactly who have the Ravens beaten this year that makes you think they are a "giant"?

The Bills at home...? The Broncos at home...? The Steelers...? Who looked like CRAP on Sunday Night Football? 

And don't forget, they got beat pretty bad at Cincy in Week 2. 

I'm not saying it's a given we win, but you are seriously giving the Ravens too much credit IMHO. If we can do what the Bengals did then we should win the game.

Compared with Cincy, our offenses are close in yards, we are the better running team, they have scored more points but remember 2 1/2 of our games were with T.Taylor at QB. Baker is averaging over 10 points per quarter since he took over. Also, our D ranks better than Cincy in almost every category. My point is, if they beat them, no reason we can't. 

I think our D can force Flacco into making mistakes, much like they did with Ben in week 1. I think our offense can score on them. Much like the last 4 weeks it is just about who makes less mistakes and who can make more plays.

4 hours ago, thenew23 said:

Exactly who have the Ravens beaten this year that makes you think they are a "giant"?

The Bills at home...? The Broncos at home...? The Steelers...? Who looked like CRAP on Sunday Night Football? 

I'm not saying it's a given we win, but you are seriously giving the Ravens too much credit IMHO. If we can do what the Bengals did then we should win the game.

Compared with Cincy, our offenses are close in yards, we are the better running team, they have scored more points but remember 2 1/2 of our games were with T.Taylor at QB. Baker is averaging over 10 points per quarter since he took over. Also, our D ranks better than Cincy in almost every category. My point is, if they beat them, no reason we can't. 

I think our D can force Flacco into making mistakes, much like they did with Ben in week 1. I think our offense can score on them. Much like the last 4 weeks it is just about who makes less mistakes and who can make more plays.

They're a giant right now because they've given up nine points in the second half...ALL YEAR. That includes the "pretty bad loss" to the Bengals.  WE gave up eight points in the last 1:45 in the 4th quarter, with the effing game on the line. And that was just last week. I'm pretty sure we did a similar thing against the Saints. 

Soooooooo....yeah. 

Nine points. Second half. *mic drop*

Hopefully the last blow out of the huge action regime. The rail, feathers and tar are all set. There's even room for peppers too. I'd more than love to see a Cleveland victory today. Probably not though. Now that we have a little talent it really shows how lacking we really are at HC. Bullwinkle could do better than hue.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, jiggins7919 said:

I don't think we're good enough to slay a giant. And make no mistake, the Ravens are a giant right now. 

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Soooooooo....yeah. 

Nine points. Second half. *mic drop*

OV2.gif      good game day morning from the Baker drum core.. 9 points? got it...

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

OV2.gif      good game day morning from the Baker drum core.. 9 points? got it...

I'm allowing myself to hope, which is both annoying and fun. Lol. I get that we are what our record says we are, but I'm not so sure we're a bad team anymore. I'm allowing myself to think what would happen if we won. If we got that statement victory. One win could seriously turn everything around. Man, that would be the shizz. 

45 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED

• 1-4 12  <----  4 maybe 5 now?
    • 5-8 27 <---- may have lost their shot at 7, 8 wins now with the early close calls
    • 9-12 5  <----- the dreamers keep dreamin' 
    • 13  1

On 10/6/2018 at 3:24 PM, thenew23 said:

I TOLD YOU!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, revisiting this thread I think I will just  stick with my original vote of 1-4 wins. The coaches screwup of not just plowing Hyde into the endzone when we were 1st and 10 on the one has convinced me that our coaches are just plain stupid and will cause at least half of the losses all on their own. I thought we were a legitimate 7-8 win team this year, but divided by 2 that makes it around 4 wins at most. Throw in all the recent injuries and it remains right there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, mjp28 said:

45 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED

• 1-4 12  <----  4 maybe 5 now?
    • 5-8 27 <---- may have lost their shot at 7, 8 wins now with the early close calls
    • 9-12 5  <----- the dreamers keep dreamin' 
    • 13  1

So do the coaching changes (firing Hue and Hayley and their newly promoted replacements) increase or decrease the odds for those picking in the popular 5-8 slot? Or does the 1-4 slot look more appealing now?

10 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

So do the coaching changes (firing Hue and Hayley and their newly promoted replacements) increase or decrease the odds for those picking in the popular 5-8 slot? Or does the 1-4 slot look more appealing now?

I'm thinking my 4-12 prediction before the season is looking pretty good. 

I think the Browns might have two more wins in them, to finish with a 4-11-1 record. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm thinking my 4-12 prediction before the season is looking pretty good. 

I think the Browns might have two more wins in them, to finish with a 4-11-1 record. 

I'd rather we went 4-4 to close out the season. I would like to be wrong on my 1-4 wins vote.

Archived