Predictions four games in? (2018)

tinythinker

Predictions four games in? (2018)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Browns win in 2018

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12

Did this poll in 2015 and 2017 (missed in 2016), and as per usual you can't always effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse). Still, you can get a much better idea of where you think the season is headed than when you were relying only on preseason observations. So what does it look like from here?

Is this at last a real rebuilding season? Will flags and bounces start tipping games the Browns' way? Have the rookies going to find their footing even more in pro ball as the season developed?

Or is Lucy about to punk Charlie Brown *again* as the lights dim on a promising season?

Your call.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns will be underdogs in just about every game. I thought the ceiling was 9 wins before it began, now I doubt they get to 7 because they squandered a couple wins already.

The Mitchell injury is going to sting. It's time for Williams to earn his money, and the special teams basically blow. 

I do think they steal a few wins, mostly at home. I'd say 5-10-1 with the glass half full.

I don't know anymore.

Will Njoku ever watch the ball all the way into his hands.  (he was known for drops before we even drafted him)

Is there anything we can do to minimize the Mitchell injury?  The D was gaffed after he left.

Will Hue continue to punt when we only need 2 inches to win the game(s)?

- To have any chance of making the playoffs we have to win a minimum of 8 out of the remaining 12 games.  (pretty remote)

7-8-1 is realistic, I agree.  With Baker, we're competitive in most games.  As is usually the case, gotta win turnover battle,  make NFL plays on offense ( catch the dang ball to start with) and play sound defense/special teams.   Easier said than done but not impossible ( well maybe sound special teams approaches the limit today).   But now, I think we have a chance every week.  Go Browns. 

26 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Hue will undoubtedly take at least 2 more defeats from the jaws of victory all on his own.

Only 2?   He will probably have 2 in the next 3 games.  For the season I think that the Browns will suffer 8 losses directly as a result of his mismanagement.   We already have 2 after 4 games., so I think  2 per quarter sounds about right....so a total of 8.

Man, I love the optimism, but I don't think we're all watching the same team. Guys, we don't win. I see people on here talking about 7 or 8 wins, and I don't understand. We have a ROOKIE QB. We have underperforming WRs. Our prized defense gave up a million yards Sunday. Our special teams are probably the worst in the league. I'm not trying to be a negative jerk, I'm only looking at the schedule and sitting here trying to figure out a way we win one or two more, let alone get to 7 or 8.

Look at our schedule. Please tell me who we are beating. We play the Bengals and Ravens twice, and Pittsburgh another time. Does anybody REALLY think we're winning any of these? I mean honestly. Who would legitimately pick our team to win? We also play the NFC South this year. One of the strongest divisions, right? Maybe we beat the Bucs? That's the only possibility I see. 

And I really don't want to hear how we could be 4-0. Not now, not ever. We lose football games. It's what we do. We can blame refs all day long, but we're the team that always comes out on the bad side of the decisions, so what does that tell you? No, there's no conspiracy. It tells us we aren't good enough to win because the game shouldn't perpetually come down to the last second. Are we getting better? Yep. I think so, and that's terrific. We have our QB, I believe it. Garrett is so legit on defense. We have a bit of talent....it's just not enough. 

Our players expect to lose. How could they not? Jesus, give them a break. When the game is on the line, they aren't thinking, "I'm going to make this play for the win!" We're thinking, "I hope somebody makes the play for us!" We aren't there yet, but we're getting there. I'd actually pick us to win a few more games if not for our difficult schedule. I really would. 

As it stands, we're going 3-12-1. And that's still better than 0-16. 

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Just so tired of the negativity when there's finally some things to be positive about with this team after two full seasons in the toilet.

I totally get it. 

There's objectively critiquing a team's performance and there's the same posters saying the same thing over and over and over like a windup doll. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I totally get it. 

There's objectively critiquing a team's performance and there's the same posters saying the same thing over and over and over like a windup doll. 

exactly...there's plenty to criticize as well but we finally have some players who should be giving us hope and for god's sake we've played 4 good games which is like 3 more than we played all last season. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I totally get it. 

Yeah- we lose two games by a total of six points, and the season is as good as over.... We were literally six inches away from beating the Raiders, and a choke job by our kicker from beating the Saints....  

If people want to be a Negative Nancy about things- they should remember last year in the Power Rankings the Browns were always (or almost always) dead last. Not the case this year, and according to an article on NFL.com the Browns are the most entertaining team in the league so far. Sure, we have a relatively tough schedule, but as Buddy Ryan once said- "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL". 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- we lose two games by a total of six points, and the season is as good as over.... We were literally six inches away from beating the Raiders, and a choke job by our kicker from beating the Saints....  

If people want to be a Negative Nancy about things- they should remember last year in the Power Rankings the Browns were always (or almost always) dead last. Not the case this year, and according to an article on NFL.com the Browns are the most entertaining team in the league so far. Sure, we have a relatively tough schedule, but as Buddy Ryan once said- "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL". 

I seriously wonder why some people even bother watching since they're so sure we're always going to lose no matter what is happening.  I don't get it.    Even the last 2 seasons I was optimistic that we would win each and every Sunday morning.    It was just a matter of how long that optimism lasted each week.  :)

8 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Apparently Peppers is being harrassed around town, such a shame.

cut the guy some slack it’s not on him

I mean, seriously, who does this? 

I never understood hating players because of their performance, unless their performance was bad due to a lack of effort. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I never understood hating players because of their performance, unless their performance was bad due to a lack of effort. 

You read what some of these whine as ses write on this board and your surprised? 

They serve up two full seasons of straight sh it sandwiches, and finally show that they probably have the building blocks to build a franchise with the second youngest team in the league and there is so much crotch sand around here you could build a castle.  

But sure it’s all the head coaches fault they ain’t flawless this year...let’s fire him now and hire......whoever will take the job!

Man! I hope it’s Haley! That dude’s offensive play calling is stellar with the quadruple fake jet sweep hook and ladders for -20 yard when it’s 3rd and goal on the one! What a genius! Better lock him up before someone else woes him away....

No wait! Gregg Williams! Ya the dude who’s defense couldn’t stop a JV team last week, has schemes where he plays people 40 yards off the line of scrimmage, #Championship!  

Man what a jackass Hue is. 

So sick of the worthless turn over. 

Mike Pettine won 7 games one year with a worthless GM that texted coaching decisions in from the owners box mid game, a drug addicted #1 WR and a drunk ugly midget playing QB and people ran him out on a rail... 

Where did that get the Browns.... a one way ticket to Downtown Huey land....

34 minutes ago, hx214 said:

You read what some of these whine as ses write on this board and your surprised? 

They serve up two full seasons of straight sh it sandwiches, and finally show that they probably have the building blocks to build a franchise with the second youngest team in the league and there is so much crotch sand around here you could build a castle.  

But sure it’s all the head coaches fault they ain’t flawless this year...let’s fire him now and hire......whoever will take the job!

Man! I hope it’s Haley! That dude’s offensive play calling is stellar with the quadruple fake jet sweep hook and ladders for -20 yard when it’s 3rd and goal on the one! What a genius! Better lock him up before someone else woes him away....

No wait! Gregg Williams! Ya the dude who’s defense couldn’t stop a JV team last week, has schemes where he plays people 40 yards off the line of scrimmage, #Championship!  

Man what a jackass Hue is. 

So sick of the worthless turn over. 

Mike Pettine won 7 games one year with a worthless GM that texted coaching decisions in from the owners box mid game, a drug addicted #1 WR and a drunk ugly midget playing QB and people ran him out on a rail... 

Where did that get the Browns.... a one way ticket to Downtown Huey land....

Mike Pettine literally had his legs taken off at the knees by his idiot GM. 

How about special teams though? Besides the fact no muffs it’s been pretty bad. Credit Dwayne Harris? Who looked like vintage Josh Cribbs out there.

Hopefully the secondary coverage gets better every week with reps. Tackling has to be better from everyone besides Garrett, Ward, Ogunjobi, and I’m sure some other guys. Not many. 

Because it was bad after Mitchell went out.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's no excuse for this behavior. Only thing I can think of is that fans are simply tired of it. At some point we have to stop with the moral victories, and actually bring home real ones. This does NOT give fans the right to harass players, ever, but I see why it happens. 

Could one player just win the effing game? Could we have a guy just say enough? That's what it's going to take, and to be honest? This is where I EXPECT Myles Garrett to win the game. This is where I EXPECT him to do whatever it takes to bring us the W. I'm obviously NOT putting the loss on his shoulders, but he's the #1 pick....he's the guy I kept waiting for to end the game. 

Our injuries will now start to mount up. Our chances to win a game are quickly running out, and you KNOW the Ravens are BEYOND confident about the game Sunday. 

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

We are bound to yet another, rebuilding season..

4-12 

I'd be happy with 4-11-1. That would mean I get to watch 3 more victories, and as I look at schedule, I'm not sure where they're coming from, lol. I think we get swept in the division again. We're going to have to find a way to beat the NFC South teams or the AFC West. 

Archived