Jump to content
Clevfan4life

chubb needs to move to the 1 spot for at least a week or two...

Recommended Posts

He has a bit fresher legs. Let him be the workhorse for a few weeks and let carlos get a couple relief innings in per week.

We're not running enough. We need to avg  around 30 carries a week. The 1 should get 15-18 of those and the rest of the carrys split between the #2  and duke. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

 

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really surprised how fast Chubb looked today compared to anything I saw in pre-season...... I like it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

 

Why is a rookie RB blocking on a punt?  

Another horrible coaching decision by the worst coach in NFL history 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

Bingo! Which makes his runs today all the more miraculous since opponents have to know that if he is in the game, then he's going to tote the rock.

8 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Why is a rookie RB blocking on a punt? 

Because it's what rookie RBs do?

Also rookie LBs...

... and rookie TEs...

... and...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bingo! Which makes his runs today all the more miraculous since opponents have to know that if he is in the game, then he's going to tote the rock.

Because it's what rookie RBs do?

Also rookie LBs...

... and rookie TEs...

... and...

Not on good teams.  

I didnt see a rookie blocking for the Ravens tonight..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Not on good teams.  

I didnt see a rookie blocking for the Ravens tonight..

We're not a good team... yet.

We are a young team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Why is a rookie RB blocking on a punt?  

Another horrible coaching decision by the worst coach in NFL history 

I think I've seen you blame Hue for something and then call him the worst coach ever in at least a dozen post game threads so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, syd said:

eh ya Hyde didn't look so bad

didn't say he did, just saying Chubb looks the fresher more explosive back right now. Hyde still runs tough, but he's not bursting through the seams as hard as he has. Give him a week or so off on limited carry's.....that's the beauty of having the RB room that we do. The same guy doesn't have to be the bell cow every game. Chubb deserves a minimum 5-10 carry's a game based on his performance today. Those were not fluke runs. Give the kid the rock, lets run the Fukking ball byner and mack style...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

we establish a run game like we should have, teams can't pin their ears back and hunt Mayfield. Make sense?

We ran 74 plays... 42% (31 plays) were rushes for a total of 208 yards.

How much more of a run game did we need to establish one?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

We ran 74 plays... 42% (31 plays) were rushes for a total of 208 yards.

How much more of a run game did we need to establish one?

OK Chubb can't pass pro- YET. We put 33 ypc on the bench. Haley, ever hear of play action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We ran 74 plays... 42% (31 plays) were rushes for a total of 208 yards.

How much more of a run game did we need to establish one?

no I wasn't unhappy with todays rushing attempts....it needs to keep up tho. Haley's tendencies so far are to go away from it too early when it doesn't click right away. 31 rushing attempts is right proper in my book. But to keep that up we need to involve Chubb more so Hyde doesn't wear down. It's actually a potentially amazing situation to have those two interchangeable as the workhorse to go along with Duke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think I've seen you blame Hue for something and then call him the worst coach ever in at least a dozen post game threads so far. 

When the shoe fits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think I've seen you blame Hue for something and then call him the worst coach ever in at least a dozen post game threads so far. 

I've been on this board for a little over a year, so fairly recently someone bumped an old thread... Out of curiosity, I started reading through it just to see who I recognized, etc... 

And on this thread was Browns149, and literally all he said was: "Shurmur is the worst coach ever. He needs fired." 

Apparently bitching about the head coach is all the guy does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Chubb has some very serious pass protect issues and needs to learn that role of his position.  But I still would have loved to have seen him on that 3rd down run that got reversed late in the game.  Hyde is kind of dancing in the backfield a bit.  Would like to see him hit the hole harder and run downhill quicker.  How do you not utilize a guy that had two runs for TD's for avg of 35 yards?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

 

No one that knows football has a problem with Hyde starting, he is playing well.

Exciting to have Chubb as the fresh legs though ... 14.6 Yards per carry isn't bad.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We ran 74 plays... 42% (31 plays) were rushes for a total of 208 yards.

How much more of a run game did we need to establish one?

For me it isn't so much of the volume on the runs, but the timing.   Again I can't get passed being up 2 scores with a chance to start wearing out a front 7 and Haley opens with a 5 step drop in our own 12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

He has a bit fresher legs. Let him be the workhorse for a few weeks and let carlos get a couple relief innings in per week.

We're not running enough. We need to avg  around 30 carries a week. The 1 should get 15-18 of those and the rest of the carrys split between the #2  and duke. 

 

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

no I wasn't unhappy with todays rushing attempts....it needs to keep up tho. Haley's tendencies so far are to go away from it too early when it doesn't click right away. 31 rushing attempts is right proper in my book. But to keep that up we need to involve Chubb more so Hyde doesn't wear down. It's actually a potentially amazing situation to have those two interchangeable as the workhorse to go along with Duke. 

I'm confused...are we running enough or Nah? I see no reason for Chubb to be the starter over Hyde...yet... I'm not sure if this is the first game you've seen Chubb run in or not but spoiler alert....he doesn't get 30 yd TD's every time he carries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcr81 said:

 

I'm confused...are we running enough or Nah? I see no reason for Chubb to be the starter over Hyde...yet... I'm not sure if this is the first game you've seen Chubb run in or not but spoiler alert....he doesn't get 30 yd TD's every time he carries.

yes "today" we ran enough. And thank u for reminding me no RB ever has avg'd 35 ypc. I pretty clearly stated i still overall prefer hyde but noticing his burst is dropping off. He can still grind out tough yards, that ability stays around after the loss of acceleration. 

my point is give chubb the lionshare of the runs for a week or two till his legs drop a bit. Rinse, repeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been on this board for a little over a year, so fairly recently someone bumped an old thread... Out of curiosity, I started reading through it just to see who I recognized, etc... 

And on this thread was Browns149, and literally all he said was: "Shurmur is the worst coach ever. He needs fired." 

Apparently bitching about the head coach is all the guy does. 

it is nonstop with some of these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

 

he will learn as his career moves on.....watched him alot down here in atlanta....he is good...i don't think he is gurley...but i think when he learns the game he will be way better than hyde...did you see that move he made on his second td run...hyde can't do that even in his dreams...i think we should be excited and positive with this kid......i do like hyde to...they are both better than what we had....sheeeeeesh, friggin crowell....ugh....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, browns52 said:

he will learn as his career moves on.....watched him alot down here in atlanta....he is good...i don't think he is gurley...but i think when he learns the game he will be way better than hyde...did you see that move he made on his second td run...hyde can't do that even in his dreams...i think we should be excited and positive with this kid......i do like hyde to...they are both better than what we had....sheeeeeesh, friggin crowell....ugh....

Isaiah Crowell ran for over 3000 yards and had a 4.3 yard average per carry in 4 seasons with the Browns. 

He didn't suck, regardless of what some of you keep saying. (Not you specifically brown52)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities. He's gotten a punt blocked because he literally let someone run right past him, and he nearly got Taylor killed because he couldn't figure out a badly-disguised blitz.

 

I think you pretty much covered it. Blocking assignments are generally where many rookie RBs struggle, and it's obvious with Chubb. We're not about to let our rookie QB get killed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think you pretty much covered it. Blocking assignments are generally where many rookie RBs struggle, and it's obvious with Chubb. We're not about to let our rookie QB get killed. 

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. How about play action or a quick swing pass? Can he catch? Chubby doesn't have to block on EVERY play he's in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. How about play action or a quick swing pass? Can he catch? Chubby doesn't have to block on EVERY play he's in the game.

He wasn't known for his catching abilities out of college, I think Sony Michelle got most of those opportunities. However, I read multiple times that he looked very good catching the ball in training camp, so I'm with you. Let him catch and run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 12:54 AM, Tour2ma said:

We ran 74 plays... 42% (31 plays) were rushes for a total of 208 yards.

How much more of a run game did we need to establish one?

More than 42% 

We threw on first down out of shotgun up 28-14 against Oakland.. Imo, maybe trying to pound the rock and throw on third down would have been the route to go.. with a rookie QB playing on the road in his first NFL start.

Of course still try and establish a nice drive and get some more points, but why not try and establish the run up 14 in the 3rd quarter? It’s what the teams who have beaten us do. Maybe set up play action as the defense becomes desperate to make a stop...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×