THE BROWNS BOARD

chubb needs to move to the 1 spot for at least a week or two...

Clevfan4life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chubb should get more carries but not this week when the Ravens are blitzing so well. Mayfield could get injured if Chubb whiffs on a blitz, the team needs to be disciplined in developing guys.  Having Callaway in for 70 snaps didn't turn out that well last week, let the rookies develop and play them  more in the second half of the season.

9 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Having Callaway in for 70 snaps didn't turn out that well last week, let the rookies develop and play them  more in the second half of the season.

Not a whole lot of options there however.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Do you guys know why he's not being used all that much?

Because the dude has no idea what he is doing regarding his blocking responsibilities.

Amen.

I remember - pre draft - "He's a willing blocker".  That's fine....but he just doesn't FIND the guy to block.  He always flows to the wrong spot.

He's not gonna surprise anyone THIS week.  When he comes in the Ravens will be run keying him.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:18 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I agree but situations like a rookie in first start on road call for running the damn ball with a cushy lead

That's one side, but...

After the Opponent loads the box and the 3-and-outs start, then we criticize Haley for getting too conservative.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That's one side, but...

After the Opponent loads the box and the 3-and-outs start, then we criticize Haley for getting too conservative.

I understand that too, I just don’t recall many negative rushing plays this year, so I figured that would mean running the ball in said situation. And play action would be nice to use to, IF we can have a dominant run game.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That's one side, but...

well thats when u use baker in PA and make them pay for that. If Haley keeps rushing into 8 and 9 man boxes, ofc ill be livid. 

55 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

well thats when u use baker in PA and make them pay for that. If Haley keeps rushing into 8 and 9 man boxes, ofc ill be livid. 

Todd's been far too cute for me all year.... That phucking shovel pass on 1st and goal from the 2 last week is just the latest example of his cuteness..... Grow some phucking balls Todd, and show the other team that your dudes are the toughest ones on the field. 

As of today, football is still a tough man's game even though the people in charge of the league are trying to change that every chance they get. 

51 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

agree on PA cleve.but brah, i realize your a williams guy, but Haley is leading the NFL in attempts, 8 rushing tds. with 152.8 ypg rushing the rock leading in all categories..Haley screws with that box count early with motion, which a lot of peeps here don't get..His adjusted play designs kick into gear mid 2nd qr. Andy Reid may be the master of playcalling? but Haley with barely any reps for parts maybe a close 3rd behind McVay?    

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

George Takei says: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" to this... 🤣

Need some Vaseline with that?.. 'laughs'

On 10/5/2018 at 9:34 PM, Orion said:

Amen.

I remember - pre draft - "He's a willing blocker".  That's fine....but he just doesn't FIND the guy to block.  He always flows to the wrong spot.

He's not gonna surprise anyone THIS week.  When he comes in the Ravens will be run keying him.

Isn't that the way it is in all sports you only sneak up on somebody once.

Then they start building a book on you and find out what you can and can not do, welcome to the big time college or pros.

33 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

how big does that extra point look now? fuk.....thst sht really does bite u in the asss

You wanted Chubb to kick it? ;)

Meanwhile back at the thread....

Hyde looked fresh today and showed why he's getting most of the touches.

7 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I saw Hyde get blown up on several blocks.  Not like he's doing much better

Getting blown up vs completely missing the blocking assignment while protecting your blue chip first overall pick QB are to vastly different things. 

18 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

18 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Hue meant what he said in the presser when he said we need to give Chubb more carries 

533A1E45-E07C-48BA-B927-3D1BF4A2532F.jpeg

There are not enough carries, period.

I did not see the game, but WTF giving a rookie QB 44 attempts? Yeh, you can expect 2 INT's from that. Baker is great and all of that but I would limit his attempts to fewer than 30. They limited Big Ben to 20 attempts for his first 2 seasons and the result was a championship.  I'm a Todd Hayley fan but he was wrong to give Baker 44 attempts.

1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

There are not enough carries, period.

I did not see the game, but WTF giving a rookie QB 44 attempts? Yeh, you can expect 2 INT's from that. Baker is great and all of that but I would limit his attempts to fewer than 30. They limited Big Ben to 20 attempts for his first 2 seasons and the result was a championship.  I'm a Todd Hayley fan but he was wrong to give Baker 44 attempts.

I’m trying to take a positive out of all those attempts, that being the reps. Browns were playing behind and the chargers lead kept growing, so the mistakes happened. Hopefully he’ll grow from it.

3 hours ago, hx214 said:

Getting blown up vs completely missing the blocking assignment while protecting your blue chip first overall pick QB are to vastly different things. 

How many sacks has baker taken? The blocking scheme right now is obviously doing great

13 hours ago, Realplayer said:

Michel and Chubb are two different types of RBs. Chubb can't catch or pass block. 

Not to mention... Patriots.

Archived