THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrance Mitchell fractured forearm

LondonBrown

I thought as much... It did not look well-aligned as he held it going to the bench.

If the break(s) is(are) "clean", then I'd think he should be able to play in a cast in a few weeks.

Even if it's a bit of a mess and needs surgery, screws, etc., then a recall from IR, if we are the hunt for anything, would seem to be a possibility.

From the business side of this: 

Mitchell is on a team-friendly three year deal and will be back to compete as a starter next year.

This is a huge opportunity for E.J. Gaines, who is 26 and on a one-year contract. He can play himself into a deal if takes over and performs well.

Travis Carrie was brought in to be the starter and got beat out by Mitchell. He is due to make 7.5 Mil next year, so he better win the job and keep it if he wants to get paid next year.

I don't see Calhoun as a candidate to take over, but he will get more nickel and dime snaps now.

Going by yesterday's snap counts, Carrie is the leader in the clubhouse to start next week:

image.png

I think Gaines is still an excellent third corner and Calhoun will still play as a dime back and hybrid Cb/S

We have enough depth to take this hit if guys that were expected to be top players step up, but we don't have enough depth to take another hit

18 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Is the head coach Dorsey's guy?

I still think Dorsey wants a Andy Reid type guy.. just my gut feeling... Lincoln Riley has been mention in certain circles.. I'm not ready to reeboot just yet...

Just now, nickers said:

I still think Dorsey wants a Andy Reid type guy.. just my gut feeling... Lincoln Riley has been mention in certain circles.. I'm not ready to reeboot just yet...

It's often said that good coaches figure out how to win close games. Fecal coaches figure out how to lose close games.

20 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It's often said that good coaches figure out how to win close games. Fecal coaches figure out how to lose close games.

As one poster keeps chiming in here.. Our coach still has the losingest record in history...

6 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Is that team history or NFL history?

Maybe both.. Either one is "BAD".. If hue goes... I wont feel bad about it.. it sucks for him.. He's a person with a family and I get all of that.. but.. your paid to win in this business.. And when you don't win.. you simply can't stay.. when is losing enough?.. Now having said that.. I want to see how the team responds from that... The next game.. I want to see Baker go off knowing whats at stake here...This is a situation he can learn from by "experiencing" it!!

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

And there it is.   It is in Hue's DNA to do the wrong things, to do whatever it takes to lose a game.

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Our couch still has the losingest record in history...

I see no reason to bring furniture into this debate...

On 9/30/2018 at 10:21 PM, Tour2ma said:

I thought as much... It did not look well-aligned as he held it going to the bench.

If the break(s) is(are) "clean", then I'd think he should be able to play in a cast in a few weeks.

Even if it's a bit of a mess and needs surgery, screws, etc., then a recall from IR, if we are the hunt for anything, would seem to be a possibility.

Even with surgery, maybe 8 weeks. ESPN reporting last night he could be back in December.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Even with surgery, maybe 8 weeks. ESPN reporting last night he could be back in December.

In other words... I nailed this... :)

IF there's a reason to play him, as in vying for a playoff spot, then he'll play again this season.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, nickers said:

Our coach still has the losingest record in history...

How can I be sure you've not simply swapped from furniture to a horse-drawn vehicle from the gilded age?

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In other words... I nailed this... :)

IF there's a reason to play him, as in vying for a playoff spot, then he'll play again this season.

How can I be sure you've not simply swapped from furniture to a horse-drawn vehicle from the gilded age?

I'm more of a conastoga type guy...LOL

Archived