THE BROWNS BOARD

Good old Hue Jackson

LondonBrown

Now did  he ACTUALLY throw him under the bus, or was it something no where close to that? Because we had posters on here saying Williams and Hue were calling Ward stupid and all of these other terrible things and THAT never happened either... so...

I know Baker is our golden boy, but  he  can take it. 

link to this audio of hue throwing bake under the bus, or it didnt happen.

that being said, if he is doing that.....im dome with hue. I cant rem the last time the browns offense looked this dynamic both running and passing the ball. When we ran the ball well our passing sukked and vice versa. im incredibly optimistic now about our O

At least it won't be a reboot when Hue is finally fired, as the talent is already on the roster to win games.... The day I get to see a "Hue Fired!!" thread on this forum is coming like a freight train and it's only a matter of when it arrives.  

I literally can't stand to hear his voice any longer... 

Hey coach, how 'bout instructing your piece of schit special teams coach to tell his returners to STOP RUNNING THE  F U C K I N G  BALL OUT OF THE ENDZONE? 

Just off the top of my head. 

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Turnovers is not what this offense has been about this year

Yeah because your guy doesn't throw the fricking ball

We could complain about Baker's fumbles- but the ints? The first hits Callaway in the hands, and the second is as good as a punt. Speaking of- how many dropped psses in that game? 

Not that I want to keep Hue, but Baker did have 4 turnovers today. First one not his fault. But the 2 fumbles and stupid pass to Calloway were and it is fair for the coach to say his QB needs to take better care of the ball and make better decisions. I did not find that throwing anyone under the bus. I t was just the reality of the game which included the refs screwing us again. It sucks. And you can't blame Hue for the 2 pt conversions either. That is Haley's call which he did a lot with the Steelers. We got 4 points off of 3 TD's. If we just kicked the extra points, we probably still go to overtime or lose by a point if Gruden decides to win the game going for 2 instead of the tie. 

55 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If anyone thinks that is "throwing Baker under the bus" you need to take the bubble wrap off of the guy. Geez.

Thanks, I figured as much... now I can listen to his presser later and enjoy SNF...

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

how does an OC decide to go for 2? thats a pure HC decision. 

Anyone that watched Hard Knocks must have seen in, I think the very first episode, the coaches say Hue can do what the hell he likes

38 minutes ago, Momszer said:

Not that I want to keep Hue, but Baker did have 4 turnovers today. First one not his fault. But the 2 fumbles and stupid pass to Calloway were and it is fair for the coach to say his QB needs to take better care of the ball and make better decisions. I did not find that throwing anyone under the bus. I t was just the reality of the game which included the refs screwing us again. It sucks. And you can't blame Hue for the 2 pt conversions either. That is Haley's call which he did a lot with the Steelers. We got 4 points off of 3 TD's. If we just kicked the extra points, we probably still go to overtime or lose by a point if Gruden decides to win the game going for 2 instead of the tie. 

as I remember hubard was bull rushed and hit Mayfield and calloway slipped (on that shiit field) and was not on his spot  so ya hue is a fuk just trying to cover his butt some old thing 

Cal did slip trying to cut out to where Baker delivered the ball.

The 2nd INT was Baker going for too much. The deep throw had no chance. He's going to do that until he learns better...and then he'll do it less.

It's the fumbles that bother me. He wasn't blindsided by the strip sack... he just tried to make a play when eating the ball was in order. The better QBs don't compound their OL's fails. This is learnable... once the eagerness wanes.

And the fumbled snap? Dunno what was up with that. It did not seem to be mechanics so... Did Baker have the wrong count? Did Tretter?

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

We could complain about Baker's fumbles- but the ints? The first hits Callaway in the hands, and the second is as good as a punt. Speaking of- how many dropped psses in that game? 

This. All of this. Can you remember a game with so many dropped passes? I think we had one two years ago, but this one was especially awful because we should have won. As funny as THAT sounds. God I hate to say this....but...it really makes you wonder about trading Josh Gordon. He was ten minutes late one day and he wasn't himself...big deal. Is that worth losing games? I guess the answer was yes, because that's exactly what is happening. 

How many drops did Callaway have? I don't care if he slipped on that pick-6, the ball hit both of his hands. Had he not slipped, the ball would've been perfect. Regardless, the ball hit both hands. That cost us 7 points. Want more? How about the dropped 2 point conversion? You can literally see him lose focus and fail to secure the ball. He lazily tries to catch it thinking the defender won't try to knock it loose. What a moron. Callaway costs us 9 points, just by HIMSELF. 

It's tough to be angry at Jarvis Landry, but I gotta tell ya, his drops are really starting to piss me off. There was a very difficult catch he could've made late in the game on 3rd down, but he didn't come up with it. Would've been incredible, but you know what? He gets paid for incredible. We NEED that from him to win because all the OTHER bozos can't catch. This same play is also on Baker. The throw was too high, AND he had Duke Johnson wide azz open in the flat who would've EASILY gotten the first down. It was also a very simple throw. Duke flails his arms in dire frustration, and I don't blame him. 

It it time to talk about Njoku? Because Chief Turd is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I'm not sure we can keep throwing him the ball. He's a one man drive killer. He doesn't just drop 4-5 yard passes, noooooo....Njoku drops 20 yarders. He drops catch and run opportunities. He drops the hopes and dreams of a football nation every time he takes the field. I have a new nickname for him. Instead of "The Chief", he will henceforth be known as "The Queef". Because he stinks and he's full of hot air. 

Don't worry Higgins, I'm getting to you. You didn't really think I forgot about the dropped 3rd down on the first drive of the game did you? IMMEDIATELY after our best WR drops one, Higgins wants everyone to know that HE can drop one too! Not only that, but Higgins dropped a first down. Way to go! Your rookie's first start and you idiots drop the first two throws? LOL LOL LOL

Here's what's sad. Here's what it really comes down to. We weren't going to win this game. We were up 14 and I said in the chat room that we had the smallest 14 point lead in history. Our team isn't used to playing with a LEAD. I mean, come on people. Look at the New Orleans game. I was THERE. I knew we had no chance. Just like we weren't going to win this game. It was so comical. The immediate Baker fumble. Then the fumbled snap? Lol! I know it hurts to lose, believe me I know, but come on....that's funny. It's how we knew we would lose. You just....FELT it. 

I can't blame Hue Jackson for this one. What did he do? He didn't drop passes over and over again. He didn't throw interceptions. He didn't fumble the snap. He wasn't playing defense on the drive where the entire universe knew the Raiders would march down the field and score ever so easily. Hue didn't overturn the spot of the ball. It's the coaches job to put his players in position to win. Hue did that in every single game. Players make plays. Or in our case, players DON'T make plays. 

Archived