THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Phucks Cleveland Twice in 4 Weeks

Flugel

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The record can say what it wants. We beat Pittsburgh too. The Browns are 3-1, quit bitching.

..... and I'm Batman. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Bullshi+ - they deserved to win. They put up 42 points on that team and sealed the deal by picking up a first down with under 2 minutes, with Gruden out of TOs. Game Over. The Browns won the game, period. The record can say what it wants. We beat Pittsburgh too. The Browns are 3-1, quit bitching.

I keep hearing 'we put up 42 poinrts'.  We still f u k ing lost.

We are all expecting the NFL to be fair.  Look the NFL is in the business to pick winners and losers PERIOD.  The LA television market means more to the NFL then the Cleveland market does.  Another reason that might have precipitated this review was the need to keep the game close and within the point spread, remember this is a business.  This call that was reversed in NYC was specifically called out for review because if there was a way to provide an extra opportunity to the Raiders to win or keep it close the NFL was going to make that happen.  Now the NFL doesn't have a crystal ball that allows them to see into the future but they did know that allowing Cleveland to get a 1st down would of effectively ended the game.  Again if Cleveland was 3-0 (and in my opinion they should be) this would not have been an issue and the play would have stood as called on the field and Cleveland would be 4-0 but the NFL knows Cleveland would be OK with a close loss because Cleveland is use to losing.  Make no mistake, this is about respect and the NFL has none for Cleveland so gird your loins because this season Cleveland will not just have to compete with another team each week but with that team's 13th "Man" in NYC, the NFL's Central Replay Command".  And remember the motto of the NFL's Central Replay Command: "A Force to Make Winners and for Bookies".  

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Roughing the passer on Myles Garrett. 

Fumble by Derek Carr, Browns "reversed" first down. 

What the Shmuck ever... The Browns are 3-1. I won't see it any other way. 

NFL QUIT Shmucking CLEVELAND OVER YOU PUSSY BITCHES.

You can see it anyway you want, but the official record is 1-2-1.  

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Bullshi+ - they deserved to win. They put up 42 points on that team and sealed the deal by picking up a first down with under 2 minutes, with Gruden out of TOs. Game Over. The Browns won the game, period. The record can say what it wants. We beat Pittsburgh too. The Browns are 3-1, quit bitching.

They let Oakland march down the field with no timeouts and score not only the td but the tying 2 point conversion. 

They also had 4 turnovers and 8 dropped passes.  Not a winning formula.  

19 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I just have this to say though. Hue Jackson has no cajones.

Not his fault... Vrabel has them all.

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

..... and I'm Batman.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I keep hearing 'we put up 42 poinrts'.  We still f u k ing lost.

Yup... tends to happen when the other team scores 43... or more...

10 hours ago, jwhunter said:

We are all expecting the NFL to be fair.  Look the NFL is in the business to pick winners and losers PERIOD.  The LA television market means more to the NFL then the Cleveland market does.  Another reason that might have precipitated this review was the need to keep the game close and within the point spread, remember this is a business.  This call that was reversed in NYC was specifically called out for review because if there was a way to provide an extra opportunity to the Raiders to win or keep it close the NFL was going to make that happen.  Now the NFL doesn't have a crystal ball that allows them to see into the future but they did know that allowing Cleveland to get a 1st down would of effectively ended the game.  Again if Cleveland was 3-0 (and in my opinion they should be) this would not have been an issue and the play would have stood as called on the field and Cleveland would be 4-0 but the NFL knows Cleveland would be OK with a close loss because Cleveland is use to losing.  Make no mistake, this is about respect and the NFL has none for Cleveland so gird your loins because this season Cleveland will not just have to compete with another team each week but with that team's 13th "Man" in NYC, the NFL's Central Replay Command".  And remember the motto of the NFL's Central Replay Command: "A Force to Make Winners and for Bookies".  

1. OAK is in the LA Market?

2. You should have stopped after one post.

;)

it was truly a team loss, without the turnovers, Browns win this easily.Also, our top 5 D lets the raiders score 8 points at the end of the game. They will be okay, these next 2-3 years are going to be the new era Browns and they will be successful, gimme another draft like this past year and we will be rolling. they are SO CLOSE

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Dude, I learned my math at Greenbriar.

On 10/2/2018 at 5:19 AM, The Cysko Kid said:

I just have this to say though. Hue Jackson has no cajones. When they didn't get the spot you get back out there and get the fu¢king 1st down.

No, punting was not the right call, clearly. You get the 1st. 

Hue has no drawers? ;)

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

The entire LA market consists of LA, OAK and as far north as San Fran.  They also call it the California market.  In any case the market is far larger than Cleveland not matter how you slice it and it's all about $$$$

2 hours ago, jwhunter said:

The entire LA market consists of LA, OAK and as far north as San Fran.  They also call it the California market.  In any case the market is far larger than Cleveland not matter how you slice it and it's all about $$$$

No the entire LA market doesn't consist of Oakland and San Francisco and "they" don't call it the California market.   Oakland and San Francisco are about an 8 hour drive from LA and about as different as markets could possibly be.   Northern California hates everything Southern California and vice versa.  The only difference is the Raiders fans don't seem to care where they play.  There are as many Raiders fans in LA as there are Rams and way more Raiders fans than there are Chargers fans in LA.  Its why the team can move up and down the coast like the ice capades and they don't lose any fans.  Same reason why the move to Vegas won't really hurt them all that much.  Vegas is closer to LA than Oakland is which makes it easy for the LA Raiders fans to go to the games.

9 hours ago, Mark O said:

No the entire LA market doesn't consist of Oakland and San Francisco and "they" don't call it the California market.   Oakland and San Francisco are about an 8 hour drive from LA and about as different as markets could possibly be.   Northern California hates everything Southern California and vice versa.  The only difference is the Raiders fans don't seem to care where they play.  There are as many Raiders fans in LA as there are Rams and way more Raiders fans than there are Chargers fans in LA.  Its why the team can move up and down the coast like the ice capades and they don't lose any fans.  Same reason why the move to Vegas won't really hurt them all that much.  Vegas is closer to LA than Oakland is which makes it easy for the LA Raiders fans to go to the games.

Right Mark, depending on where you live in the LA area, it's four hours or less to Vegas.

LOL, I had to correct that typo- done on my tablet this morning, just noticed it....  Four hours to the star Vega isn't happening unless you hop on the Enterprise at Warp Factor Four.  

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes, stupid as hell to say that Oakland and LA are the same market, when they are 400 miles apart.   That would mean that  the NFL cities of  Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington DC  are all actually just a part of the Cleveland market.

So...why shouldn't all the people in those areas be fans of the Browns?

6 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

If I can wrap a bow in this-who is watching the Patriots game? Running back us dangerously close to 1st down and could have been short. Booth review keeps a first down-shocked!

That's what is fundamentally broken with the nfl.

So easy to let the Pats win.  They are supposed to win

7 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

A celebratory blunt is in order. Congrats Gordon and thanks for being good for us 5 years ago. He will never reach the production he did with us. Even with Brady

No one will reach that production with Brady because Gordon was our only weapon then. Brady is the best there is at spreading it around consistently. Last night he he used every offensive weapon he had so that you never knew who was going to get the ball from him. Two great runners and multiple great receivers, including the runners.

9 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

league is completely full of s h I t

in the game tie-ing drive, BBC gets a illegal contact call after releasing receiver 3 yards off LOS..Watch Gordon run td pattern👀 15 yards down field as he gets goat roped before break to run pattern to right endzone..nothing.sure it gets declined but, yes am convinced they could throw a flag on every play..but the refs have a choice when to..   

10 hours ago, Browns149 said:

So easy to let the Pats win.  They are supposed to win

I wouldn't even say it's about "letting them win". It's just simply as I tried to say all week that the NFL has a fundamental problem with how they review and referee. As I said, there's a 0% chance that first down gets overturned if that's the Pats, and we saw that live in and color Thursday. 

My issue is the NFL knows, and doesn't care. The fans eventually will.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:31 AM, jwhunter said:

Hows that tinfoil hat?

46 minutes ago, Mark O said:

dagblammit. Where is the accountability by the refs? Are they free to just "make mistakes" without any repercussions at all?

40 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

dagblammit. Where is the accountability by the refs? Are they free to just "make mistakes" without any repercussions at all?

the whole referee grading process is not even worth posting. 2 words.chit show..Every official is graded weekly..but never posted to public🤫..The only way this call gets changed is, the head official who blew the whistle is behind Carr blocked by Avery/Myles who spit ball out. either the opposite side judge (who should have the clearest vision to play) or ref mingled in with LB'er should have had the balls to reverse the call to fumble, ball dead at recovery..Oakland did not result in any point in this drive, but we did next possession..The Hyde call came 5 mins. later and I still want our "we fuk'd u" again letter..    

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

the whole referee grading process is not even worth posting. 2 words.chit show..Every official is graded weekly..but never posted to public🤫..

True that the actual grades are not made public, however, it's not hard to tell the top crews from the  bottom.

Just as with Announcers, the better the officiating crew, the more important the game assignment.

10 hours ago, Mark O said:

Appreciate you sharing that.  Unfortunately, in another episode of the NFL behind the scenes they're laughing it off with "It's only the Cleveland Browns."  I'm sure some very important people in charge also had their mind on how affordable it would be for the TV market out west (also inclusive of Vegas) can keep interest in an 0-4 entertainment product. Vegas' first year NHL Team made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. Coincidentally, the Black and Silver got the right help on 2 different plays.  1st, the spot challenge under 2 minutes to play cannot come from the Raiders' sideline - it has to come from the league.  Check. 2nd the ONLY way to protect the Carr fumble from changing possession was to tell the fable that forward progress stopped so it was blown dead.  

They can stick their we got it wrong again where the sun doesn't shine 1 more time.  That's like punching someone in the balls and apologizing for an inaccurate fanny pat.  Who's kidding who?   

It's inevitable they'll soon reward us with the air headed female Line Judge that never saw Duke Johnson had possession of the football when she gave the opponent credit for recovering the loose ball.  Worst case scenario on that was there was dual possession which enables the offense to keep the football.   She never even saw who had the football or made much of an attempt to do so. 

Yes, ALL teams get screwed at 1 time or another.  But this year, the flag for the tackle on a 6'6" 250 lb QB outside of the pocket (as a ball carrier) gave Pitt a 1st and goal half the distance rather than 4th and forever ending in a FG.  That's a 4 point swing on a game that ended up tied.  That's 1 win the NFL didn't allow our players to earn.  The other win, even if it would have been as ugly as Ohio State's road win at PSU, was taken away on not allowing the Carr Fumble and the decision to review a spot (or type of spot) the league normally frowns upon as told by the guest official on hand.  I'll bet if we went for it on 4th down - there would have been a phantom false start too.  We're not THAT improved to win if Roger Goodfella's league doesn't want us to - especially if Cleveland drops 9 passes, turns the ball over 4 times and has far too many 2nd half 3 and outs...  I should feel a little more fortunate we only have 2 losses after 4 games compared to 0-4 last year at this time.  But I don't...

Archived