THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Phucks Cleveland Twice in 4 Weeks

Flugel

Blinders off.

We didnt do ourselves any favors with 21 points coming from our turnovers.

Relax francis.

If i told you pre game we were gonna give the other team 21 points off turnovers...you would have said we get killed.

Nuff said.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Why the hell wasnt chubb getting more carries?! 

Probably because he's still an awful blocker.

We had to play against the Silver & Black...and the White & Black.  

The team lost that game, not the refs.  
Our defense was a porous yesterday.  The prevent defensive scheme late in the game that Williams drew up was horrid.  We couldn't get to Carr.  We couldn't tackle Lynch.  Were there some bad calls, yes, on both sides.  Our offense became stagnant after we took a 2-TD lead.  Not sure if we were just trying to protect, piss poor playing calling, or just poor execution on offense. 

IMO, if we want to point fingers, point them squarely at Greg Williams and our defensive schemes.  

The Carr fumble and the spot overturn rubbed me the wrong way. The Raiders had no time outs left with less than 2 minutes on the clock.  I thought the guest official with extensive experience explained it all extremely well. 

Regarding the team, the biggest concerns I had is we had NO replacement for Terrence Mitchell and they exploited it big time.  And the dropsies out there were contagious enough for a pick 6.  Callaway has to start catching the ball better with the playing time he's being entrusted with. 

And not for nothing, a fumbled snap at the pro level is inexcusable.  That basic procedure should be repeated from the onset of mini-camps throughout training camp/preseason and well into the regular season.  The repetition should make it as automatic as breathing.  If you're gonna make the QB under center important to your offense - that has to happen.  Go watch a high school game with QBs under center and you don't see a lot of fumbled snaps for that reason.

Anyway, we've been in EVERY game.  We've had 2 OT games and then the Saints game where our FG kicker missed 4 FGs. It would have at least been nice to get that Carr fumble for an inevitable TD that was taken away from us. 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Makes sense because they'd have to have a different network feed since the reviews are centralized in NYC.

They get the same angles but not the same shots. Shots meaning with graphics on it. The cameras don't put the yellow line on it is done in production trucks. The production truck sends a unedited one (no graphics) on replays.

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Cmon man. The current owner isn’t gonna fire Hue like that, some people argue the Browns should be 4-0.

we’re still the youngest team in the league, and the future is still bright.

and we got ROBBED today. No way around it.

We should be 4-0, but we are 1-2-1.  Them is the facts.

Sheet even if Hyde was short. I would have went for it!

Worst case scenario, they get the ball back and get a TD..

We punted the ball away and look what happenend... They scored a Shmucking TD and the conversion!

Hue needs to get his Sheet together! That stupid trick play at the 1/2 yardline in the first Qtr cost us points..

The first 2-point conversion when were up 9-7? Why tf would you go for 2?!?!

Fuk the refs too! That fumble blown dead was an absolute blunder!

This game is tough to swallow.. We aren't winning more than 3 games this year if we keep snatching defeat from the jaws of victory..

I think it's that oakland has serious talent on both sides of the ball, and it was a tough

matchup personnel-wise.

Can't make mistakes much and win.

It's whatever at this point..

We got phucked, but we phucked ourselves too..

Baker had an up-and-down today, some his fault, most were on the receivers who couldn't catch sh!t!

I liked how he kept us in it, just wish the refs didn't phuck us with no-lube... 

On to the Ravens. 

Let's bounce back, or at the very least..

Tie.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Yes i am positive unless it's changed in the past two years. How many times do you hear announcer saying well that yellow line isn't official. And since it isn't official they can't be using it to determine whether they made the line to gain or not. Also all they talked about after the spot game 2 years ago between Ohio State and Michigan was the spot in the replay and how officials aren't allowed to use the yellow line because it is not an official mark.

That is entirely from your original statement.. or the one below...

Yes, "the line" is not official. However, it is a reference point for pinpointing action on the field.

33 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

They get the same angles but not the same shots. Shots meaning with graphics on it. The cameras don't put the yellow line on it is done in production trucks. The production truck sends a unedited one (no graphics) on replays.

So if there's a replay you think "the truck" sends video to the League Office in NYC? I don't think so...

What the office gets is the network feed in real time which has all the info we see. I found a 2014 SI article, Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center. It states:

Beyond the stations used to monitor the replays is a bank of 14 flat-screen high-def monitors to carry the DirecTV feeds of all the day games and the NBC feed of the looming Sunday night game, San Francisco at Denver.

https://www.si.com/2014/11/11/inside-the-nfls-replay-command-center

I would have thought the replay center's feed would also include the time stamp of each camera feed to "the trucks",i.e., running clocks to 1/100th of a second. I thought this because you sometimes hear mention of replays being synched up when one shows one piece of info clearly (like when the runner is down) and another a second piece (like when the ball came out). However, the article does not mention the time stamp and it's not seen in any of the video monitors in the included photos.

What is in the photos are graphics.

If you have an article saying the feeds are "graphics free", then I'd appreciate a link.

All this pissing and moaning about refs is embarassing.

Yall axtin like stiller fans. Man up...appreciate what we have to build upon and quit whining.

We had too many turnovers that resulted in raider points.

Enough already.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

At least two more posters here agree with me...

That's at two more than I'm used to having share my takes... ;)

Well IF you are using me as one agreeing, I can say half way. From what I seen, I would say he was short, but with it being a 1st on field, I dont see how they overturned it. 

My only point in posting at all was saying it was fixed. From that play, whether right or wrong, I see no evidence of a fix. 

I've really thought about this a lot, and the conclusion and reasoning is pretty much this. I looked at a bunch of pictures and angles, and there certainly are a few that could suggest he was short, even fairly clearly so. However, there's other angles that dispute that point of view. The simple fact of the matter is there is NO way, 0%, that the change would be considered "irrefutable evidence". The thing is, I wouldn't be arguing if the call was the other way around. If they would have said Hyde was a few inches short to start with, I woulda groaned but not been mad. 

Here's where the NFL just has a fundamental problem. If that's the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc-do you think that call is ever considered to be overturned? Absolutely not. I'm not naive, I understand star players get calls. But you'll never convince me for a second that the overturn we saw was based on our organization and opponent. A good Raiders team, moving to a new city, with an NFL "darling" coach needed a win. They had a chance to give them one, and they overturned the call. I'm never a conspiracy guy or put it all on the refs, but based on what occurred it's the most logical reasoning. No one cares the Browns win or lose, the Raiders at this time matter more.

I don't want to hear for a goddamn minute about "well you gotta play better and not the the refs decide" cause you know what? eff that. That call lost the game, and was done for my reasoning above. Our defense needs to play better, but it's just absolute garbage they were in the position in the first place.

The game was not rigged. But there are certain things that get me really angry: 

-The Carr fumble makes NO SENSE at all. He is in a passing stance, and fumbles the ball. That call was a big giant WTF. 

- I don't care if Lynch kicked the ball, they whistled down way too early and that's something I hate. Let them play and later check the replay if you need to.

- I have never seen a 1st down call on the field get measured to check that it is a 1st down, to LATER check a replay and overturn it with no obvious camera shot. The order of the things they did seems weird: if you keep doubting, check the replay, THEN respot the ball, and THEN measure the distance. 

Was it a 1st down? I can't really tell. Do they overturn something like this and handle it the way they did it? Never.

- Holdings: if Lynch is running to the sideline, it is a must check that the O lineman/TE isn't holding the defender doing the contain. They did it in HD and almost no offensive holdings were called.

Having said all that, I look forward to watching this team play and get more wins, hopefully making a statement so the game is not decided by these kind of stuff.

7 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

A clear block in the back was not called either! I'm talking about the punt right after the reversal, very near where the punt returner made the catch.

1. Spot reversed. I posted the video, there is nothing irrefutable about it. You gotta go with the call on the field in a situation like that. Game over.

2. Fumble on Carr. Straight out blown call that cost us a touchdown

3. Lynch throws a hissy fit in front of the Ref, kicks/throws ball ... not even a delay of game?

4. I saw the block in the back, we all did. Stunned the flag was never thrown.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think the league has it in for the Browns. I don't think the games are fixed in any remote way at all.

I just thought it was shitty refereeing.

And when you're a young team playing their asses off and taking four teams to the final gun and only having one win to show for it, it hurts.

I'm not even thinking about Ravens til Thursday at the earliest, gonna take my time and lick my wounds.

Terrence Mitchell was having a great season, gonna miss him. Carrie and Gaines will just need to step up. We've been in worst spots.

Zombo

22 minutes ago, Nero said:

The game was not rigged. But there are certain things that get me really angry: 

-The Carr fumble makes NO SENSE at all. He is in a passing stance, and fumbles the ball. That call was a big giant WTF. 

- I don't care if Lynch kicked the ball, they whistled down way too early and that's something I hate. Let them play and later check the replay if you need to.

- I have never seen a 1st down call on the field get measured to check that it is a 1st down, to LATER check a replay and overturn it with no obvious camera shot. The order of the things they did seems weird: if you keep doubting, check the replay, THEN respot the ball, and THEN measure the distance. 

Was it a 1st down? I can't really tell. Do they overturn something like this and handle it the way they did it? Never.

- Holdings: if Lynch is running to the sideline, it is a must check that the O lineman/TE isn't holding the defender doing the contain. They did it in HD and almost no offensive holdings were called.

Having said all that, I look forward to watching this team play and get more wins, hopefully making a statement so the game is not decided by these kind of stuff.

I'd just like to point out while the whistle was WAY too early, to suggest (figurative, not saying you personally) he would bust out a big run is ridiculous. The whistle blew loud and clear and whoever the two guys were blatantly disengaged off Lynch as a result. Dude's a beast, but he was going to get tackled.

As I said in another thread, the reffing today was atrocious and the Raiders got a few bad calls. But the Browns won that game but didn't get the W based on two egregiously bad calls (fumble, overturn first down). Haslam if he has hair on his balls needs to demand, in private, a formal inquiry into why it happened. we know why, but it's can't happen again. This team actually can compete and win games, we can't get screwed and settle like the Browns of old.

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'll just say this regarding the overturn. 

Let's hypothetically say that the ref would've spotted the ball 4" short of where they eventually "officially" moved it to, would they have then looked at the play and moved the ball those 4" forward and remeasured? There's not a bone in my body that thinks that would've happened, and if they did, then it would've ended with "The ruling on the field stands"..... JUST LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPENED IN PITTSBURGH!!!!

At then end of the day, there were a lot of plays that could've clinched it, and one that comes to my mind is if Collins wouldn't have turned into a giant pussy in OT and made the damn interception. 

He's a total wuss 99% of the time!  Very low effort, put a heart rate monitor on him during a game, I bet it would average about 70  beats per minute. 

A sports savvy co worker just came up to me and said...that the browns  game was the closest thing to a wwe scripted event he has ever seen...that if it wasnt they should admit it is..  Fyi he is a steeler fan.

That rumble you hear...its pittsburgh blowing up...you talk about hate spewing spastics...the radio is blowing up

It seems to me that over the last few years there have been certain times--the 'Tuck Rule' game, last years Steelers-Patriots 'actually he didn't catch the ball', and yesterday's 'no that wasn't a first down'--where it just seems that the refs are saying "Just give us a minute so that we can figure out how to rule that what everyone just saw didn't actually happen."

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But I firmly believe that Earl Morral threw the Super Bowl against the Jets in '69 and Neal O'Donnell threw the Super Bowl against the Cowboys in '96.

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Well IF you are using me as one agreeing, I can say half way. From what I seen, I would say he was short, but with it being a 1st on field, I dont see how they overturned it. 

My only point in posting at all was saying it was fixed. From that play, whether right or wrong, I see no evidence of a fix. 

We're short by inches on that play. Sure the percentages say you punt, but maybe not if your defense is a sieve, and your special teams suck. No guts no glory. Give the ball to Hyde, or qb sneak. If you can't make a foot, you don't deserve to win anyway.

I'm with Jiggins on this one, we were ready to open the victory port, and I told Bob to hold off. Just had the feeling we weren't stopping the Raiders on that drive.

We could’ve went for it, and I don’t think anybody would’ve second guessed(actually probably everybody would’ve), however, our defense had just stopped them,

and after the punt, we blitzed and gave them a huge play. 

The BLITZING NEEDS TO STOP,  when we can’t afford to give up huge chunks. All we had to do was keep them in bounds.  They had NO timeouts...

Has G. Williams heard of cover 4? Or hell, man up 3 deep? Where is that coverage when we need to NOT give up a chunk. 

I swear coaches from 2010 would’ve had that game clinched with better defensive playcalling.

17 hours ago, Babernakle said:

My question is what is haslam going to do about it.  Someone’s head at the nfl offices has to roll this is beyond acceptable.  Haslam needs to take this as far as he can and get the loss vacated 

Hopefully you aren't holding your breath waiting for that to happen.  Guess what...there's bad calls in every game.   Just look back at the roughing the passer penalty on Matthews that cost the Packers against the Vikings earlier this season as a terrible penalty that cost GB a victory. 

To make a short story shorter, losers lose and winners win.  This may be an obvious philosophy but when Cleveland starts to win and win consistently, they will start getting the breaks like referees tacking on another half yard when they place the ball after a play or they may not even flag an offensive hold.  The NFL will only give breaks to those that are contenders.  Right now Cleveland should be, in my opinion, 4-0 but they are not.  Cleveland suffers from the stain of being a loser and until they get a string of victories I expect that stain to still be on them for the remainder of the season.  I'm the consummate Cleveland fan, wait till next season.     

19 minutes ago, jwhunter said:

To make a short story shorter, losers lose and winners win.  This may be an obvious philosophy but when Cleveland starts to win and win consistently, they will start getting the breaks like referees tacking on another half yard when they place the ball after a play or they may not even flag an offensive hold.  The NFL will only give breaks to those that are contenders.  Right now Cleveland should be, in my opinion, 4-0 but they are not.  Cleveland suffers from the stain of being a loser and until they get a string of victories I expect that stain to still be on them for the remainder of the season.  I'm the consummate Cleveland fan, wait till next season.     

That right there, the part highlighted, if true, should be a cause for a major investigation.....and even prosecution.  If the refs are making or not making calls or changing calls because one team has had a bad past record, that is called fraud.....and would be a federal criminal offense, if in fact it could be proven that such calls were made out of discriminatory intent.  I don't care what you say, it is basically the same as calling the game to come to a certain outcome due to a gambling bribe.   No difference.

That said, I doubt that is true....that it is called that way on purpose.   But subliminally?  Maybe.

The D was bad and it really should have been worse Carr had 2 easy TD's that he missed! Nelson was wide wide open for 6 and so was the receiver in the end zone that tried to come back to make the catch. I could be wrong, but they ended up getting a total of 3 points instead of 14.

Archived