THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Phucks Cleveland Twice in 4 Weeks

Flugel

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, onkyoreceiver said:

I have NEVER seen a call reversed under such circumstances.  EVER.

Because it is NEVER revised. There's no clean shot to assure the position of the ball, but let's put it back... Man, even the first ball placement was generous for the Raiders on that one. 

6 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Anyone all pumped up for the next meaningless apology from the NFL?

This team is 3-1 but the NFL wants us 1-2-1 so that's what we are.

Yep, the Raiders and Gruden at 0-4 is bad for business. Just like WWE.... just a scripted "sport". The current NFL is unwatchable

Also, I wasn't checking on the tavern at that moment, but the Carr fumble 'he's-not-a-runner-but-let's-call-it-forward-progress'' is stupid AF. 

Agree. Let's revisit the Overtime session...

• 1st down: blow to the head on baker, no call
  • 2nd down: roughing flag on Oakland, picked up and no call after "discussion"
  • 3rd down: pass interference on Oak, no call AGAIN

I swear there's a memo out there in the league office stating

Dear Head of Officiating- 

The fans of Cleveland got their team, name and colors back. That is plenty. There are to be no official calls or replay reviews that benefit that franchise moving forward.

Sincerely,

Paul Tagliabue

CC: Roger Goodell

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Agreed.  That was a first down.  That fking referee Shmucked us.

don't know bout you,,,,,but i didn't see any replay with an elbow down before the first down marker.....however there is usually more than one angle on replays...maybe we did not get that shot and the refs did...but what i saw was a Shmucking first down....even blandino the ref guru was calling it a first down.....we also got Shmucked on a defensive td.....what the Shmuck was that...no way was carr in the grasp....football is getting so Shmucked up and it's the refs that are causing it....they should not get paid one Shmucking cent for the way some of these calls are being made...not just this game but other games to...

1 minute ago, Babernakle said:

My question is what is haslam going to do about it.  Someone’s head at the nfl offices has to roll this is beyond acceptable.  Haslam needs to take this as far as he can and get the loss vacated 

Haslam is lucky he is still an owner after the legal problems, he cant do Sheet

And let's not be forgetting about the totally completely obvious two fistfuls of Schoberts jersey grabbed by the RT on Lynch's first down run. No flag.  I have truly never seen anything like this.  It's just total Shmucking outer limits.

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Agree. Let's revisit the Overtime session...

• 1st down: blow to the head on baker, no call
  • 2nd down: roughing flag on Oakland, picked up and no call after "discussion"
  • 3rd down: pass interference on Oak, no call AGAIN

I swear there's a memo out there in the league office stating

Dear Head of Officiating- 

The fans of Cleveland got their team, name and colors back. That is plenty. There are to be no official calls or replay reviews that benefit that franchise moving forward.

Sincerely,

Paul Tagliabue

CC: Roger Goodell

Just now, gumby73 said:

This was not about any team winning the game..They don't care who wins..This turned into a game the refs kept viewers watching..it's total viewership BS imho..   

Just now, gumby73 said:

This was not about any team winning the game..They don't care who wins..This turned into a game the refs kept viewers watching..it's total viewership BS imho..   

don't know....you may  be right...but whatever it is, football has become so Shmucked up......and it Shmucking blows...

35 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Anyone all pumped up for the next meaningless apology from the NFL?

This team is 3-1 but the NFL wants us 1-2-1 so that's what we are.

I almost NEVER complain about officiating, spots, judgement calls because some can be close and all of that -but- this just stunk.

Cost the BROWNS a road win, you do not get that back no matter how offical the stationary looks or sincere they might make it sound.

My take...

1) If the refs are this effin' inept, then the person(s) hiring them should be fired.

2) I honestly believe these refs are "on the take". 

3) EITHER one of the calls (1st down reversal & "no fumble" by Carr), if called properly, would have led to a certain Browns victory. Reversal of the Loss to a Win is the ONLY action by the league that is acceptible, but that won't happen as the nfl is a SHAM!

Mike

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It sure the hell WAS a fumble. and it WAS a first down. The Browns lost the close game on both counts, because the refs sucked.

Yes, the Browns made plenty of mistakes, but so did the raiders. the refs were the difference and decided the winner of the game.

Archived