THE BROWNS BOARD

Peppers

Tacosman

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

A handful of people did, unfortunately

Again, I'll be interested in seeing the PFF grades

Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, hoorta said:

And to think I wanted (the other ) Chubb. DROY. 

I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

I thought he grew up in Macedonia

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

I guess we're at the stage where I can't post abour him at all because I've been less positive than most posters on here post game. Lol.

29 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Woody why don't you have peppers in a Browns jersey. 

Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

For those of us that don't know you are a Michigan fan it will become very apparent to new posters after reading a couple of your posts defending peppers lol

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

For those of us that don't know you are a Michigan fan it will become very apparent to new posters after reading a couple of your posts defending peppers lol

Or they'll just think "Wow, that Woody guy really knows what he's talking about and makes a very sound, level headed point. This doesn't seem like an awful fanbase at all. I'll definitely stick around."

Haha

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Or they'll just think "Wow, that Woody guy really knows what he's talking about and makes a very sound, level headed point. This doesn't seem like an awful fanbase at all. I'll definitely stick around."

Haha

You have a good point Woody, some of us actually get it, we understand. Still......

eee3e57fa0fd115a6c0c47c43587fcef.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

that's such an amazing photo. I wonder how many of the stooge's here get it

What's to get? That its a former michigan and ohio State player celebrating like it doesn't matter what school they went to because they're on the same team? Im pretty sure the majority in here has already said it doesn't matter what school they go to just make plays and they'll be liked. There's only one poster here that has a current player in their former schools University colors as their profile picture. And constantly brings up that the player is from Michigan and that's why people are so quick not to like him.

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

What's to get? That its a former michigan and ohio State player celebrating like it doesn't matter what school they went to because they're on the same team? Im pretty sure the majority in here has already said it doesn't matter what school they go to just make plays and they'll be liked. There's only one poster here that has a current player in their former schools University colors as their profile picture. And constantly brings up that the player is from Michigan and that's why people are so quick not to like him.

Because I'm constantly given evidence to support that point lol

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I apparently misunderstood what was to be gotten there. I thought they were making hand gestures saying their opponents have little winkies. Index finger and thumb about an inch apart...

can we find the video of a play early in the game when it was still 3-0 but the Ravens were marching...and Flacco has a wide open TE I think, one of the big white boys so it's usually a TE, and Pep closed and either batted the ball or his hand blocked the TE from seeing the ball... I forget the actual circumstances, but everyone in the stadium on the replay was like holy sheet nice play pep. Cause it would have given them a first down deep in our territory. There was a couple plays like that too where we thought it was a DB making the play and all of a sudden we see #22 on the replay. Hell of a fukking game. I might have to put my arm around Woody as we circle jerk into that box. 

Archived