THE BROWNS BOARD

Peppers

Tacosman

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly. 

I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."

like that?

Also that was from his fake and forced clarification article. He wants to say he didn't mean to say that Browns fans are wishy-washy that's just how the NFL environment is. Right that's why he said one thing I've learned about CLEVELAND fans is that they are very very wishy-washy. And when told that statement may cause further criticism he basically said I don't care. So he shouldn't come back and try to clarify that he wasn't speaking just about Browns fans when he clearly stated Cleveland fans

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And feels the need to defend the indefensible- because the guy went to the same college he did. Peppers starts playing like a first round pick, the criticism will stop pretty quickly. 

Except it isn't indefensible. And I'm not the only one. And I've admitted many times when he can do better or messed up. And I've called out fajse statements. And.... ah, Shmuck it... it's been made clear there are people in here that post about what I say without having actually read what I say. (not necessarily you Hoorta)

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't recall anyone defending Brian robiskie back when he sucked. We all said he sucked and he was a second round pick. There may have been some people defending Terry as a coach but it was pretty unanimous that we all criticize Brian robiskie and that we all agreed we wasted a second round pick on him. But that must be because he's from Ohio State

Man... I've covered this like a dozen times now. I'm not saying people will hate on Michigan players no matter what. I'm not saying people will love OSU players no matter what. I'm saying being a Michigan player adds to and is a factor (along with actual or perceived bad play) that leads to threads like this, attacking comments, and harassment in public. I don't know how I can be any more clear....

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Man... I've covered this like a dozen times now. I'm not saying people will hate on Michigan players no matter what. I'm not saying people will love OSU players no matter what. I'm saying being a Michigan player adds to and is a factor (along with actual or perceived bad play) that leads to threads like this, attacking comments, and harassment in public. I don't know how I can be any more clear....

No this thread was made because a poster saw that he missed a coverage assignment. If Brian robiskie dropped a touchdown pass there would have been a thread made about it. When Tyrod Taylor was struggling to complete passes against the Jets there was a thread made about it. When player struggle there are comments made about it. It doesn't matter where they went to school. When players screw up or are not performing there is talk about it. It is not Amplified because of where they went. It gets Amplified because people defend the play and then it becomes a big long thread. Before you commented on this thread it had about 9 replies and was going to die shortly thereafter like many other threads.

People especially when it comes to sports just have to be right so they will continue going back and forth which makes it look like there is more light being shined on Peppers because they're going to keep arguing and so are you. When there are fire Hue threads they don't last very long because not too many people get on there and defend him time and time again.

It absolutely amplifies it. But I'm not going to be able to convince you.

Uh, I wasn't the only one in this thread to "defend" him originally. Unless you want to blame all of those posters for the thread not dying after 8 posts like you said it would have. Not to mention the OP was bitching about Peppers when he wasn't even the player in question (which the OP has now continued to ignore instead of address). 

But it's already been made clear some posters don't actually read what I posted before commenting on what I posted. 

I'm not going to convince everyone, whatever. There are some in this thread with essentially the same views as me so I can live with that. 

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It absolutely amplifies it. But I'm not going to be able to convince you.

Uh, I wasn't the only one in this thread to "defend" him originally. Unless you want to blame all of those posters for the thread not dying after 8 posts like you said it would have. Not to mention the OP was bitching about Peppers when he wasn't even the player in question (which the OP has now continued to ignore instead of address). 

But it's already been made clear some posters don't actually read what I posted before commenting on what I posted. 

I'm not going to convince everyone, whatever. There are some in this thread with essentially the same views as me so I can live with that. 

There are many posters who don't think he should be criticized when he's going to CVS. I would agree with that. To me saying that people rush to criticize him is saying that they are eager to see him fail so that they can say "see I told you look he sucks." I don't believe any Browns fan truly would do that. I think some on here like to give you a hard time and you were all over the pick & loved it so they want to point out when he screws up to you because you said he was going to be good/great. Like if Baker were screwing up people would be posting about all of his downfalls because there were many on here that really liked Baker pre-draft. I myself defended the ward pick over chubb as did others so if he started playing poorly I would fully expect others to point out those flaws.

Around the 5:30 mark Williams starts taking about Jabrill. It seems like he was expecting the question and was ready to shed some light on what Pep does for the overall defense. Or I guess you can argue he was ready to just lie and make his guys sound better than they are. Not sure if that's really William's personality tho

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Around the 5:30 mark Williams starts taking about Jabrill. It seems like he was expecting the question and was ready to shed some light on what Pep does for the overall defense. Or I guess you can argue he was ready to just lie and make his guys sound better than they are. Not sure if that's really William's personality tho

Really depends on how he views peppers. If he is a good coach, which I believe he is, then he will know which players can be criticized in the public and which need to be coddled. He may be telling the truth about peppers but I will say that he seems like the type that wouldn't take criticism in the public all that well due to peppers recent comments regarding fans being wishy washy.

You know I was thinking back when Josh Gordon was going through everything he was going through and he talked about the fans hating on him in the public and his family. Most on here said that his family didn't deserve the hatred but he did it to himself as far as getting criticized because he couldn't get on the field due to his own problems. So it's not just Peppers that people criticize for going to the public and crying about the fans. I believe there was a thread on it as well because it was some article.

Edit to say I think most on here recognize that Jabrill has a very high football IQ, he always has. Except when it comes to calling for a fair catch on a punt LOL but I digress it's about not seeing results on the field.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No, I've never said that either. I said it adds to the Sheet he's getting. 

I think you greatly overestimate and are overly sensitive to the Sheet he gets....I think a lot of browns fans have already sorta written him off as a major contributor going forward,so 

there isnt going to be as much vonversation about him.

We are lacking depth in secondary now, but Id be curious what his % of snaps will be for next year.

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You sure you're not confusing him with another player.... again

Im still not sure we are thinking of the same play.  regardless, if it wasnt him thats because in the second half he wasnt on the  field a lot....there is a reason for that.

And no,  I referenced his 40 time(which was solid) at combine.  Unfortunately in pads he is slow as Sheet.  Anyone who watches him return a kickoff at 'full speed' can see that.  That last kickoff return where he ran a dead straight line to the 12 yard line(!) showed that....

Im not worried about peppers.  We are a 6 win team maybe this year.  He wont be an important contributor when it matters, so it;s all good.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Really depends on how he views peppers. If he is a good coach, which I believe he is, then he will know which players can be criticized in the public and which need to be coddled. He may be telling the truth about peppers but I will say that he seems like the type that wouldn't take criticism in the public all that well due to peppers recent comments regarding fans being wishy washy.

I'll only add two things

1. Does Williams seem like a coach that would "coddle" his players?

2. He was talking about a little more than just "criticism" in public. I get your point... but he's being harassed. 

43 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Serious questions woody. Do you think browns fans are wishy washy. If no, do you buy pep's clarification? Lastly are you on his payroll?

I'm honestly not sure what he meant by "wishy washy". I do 100% believe there is a portion of this fan base that turns on players too early. I'm not just talking about Pep. It is something I've seen in all the years I've been on this board now. There are fans that jump on players when they're down, "attack" them, etc. They become enemy #1 if they leave the team, and sometimes when they're on it. Now I understand these players may not be performing, but the responses seem extreme. I get that they're football players and criticism is part of the job, but I think a part of our fan base takes it past that point. Maybe other fan bases have portions that do the same, but I'm not as deeply involved in them. I swear this is an opinion I've had for years too, not just with the stuff around Pep.

55 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

Im still not sure we are thinking of the same play.  regardless, if it wasnt him thats because in the second half he wasnt on the  field a lot....there is a reason for that.

And no,  I referenced his 40 time(which was solid) at combine.  Unfortunately in pads he is slow as Sheet.  Anyone who watches him return a kickoff at 'full speed' can see that.  That last kickoff return where he ran a dead straight line to the 12 yard line(!) showed that....

Im not worried about peppers.  We are a 6 win team maybe this year.  He wont be an important contributor when it matters, so it;s all good.

I posted a video and called out the play. It was the type of play you described, on the drive you referenced, with a DB falling over like you said Pep did. Except it was Ward.

He didn't run in a "dead straight line" on the last kick return. He went left, which his main lead blocker did too like we were setting up a return left, and he got literally no blocking and was met by 4 or 5 Raiders at the 12. 

If you're calling him slow on returns, it probably has a lot to do with hesitation. That's on Jabrill and on the unit as a whole blocking terribly adding to any hesitation. But I guess I'm just not seeing that slowness on defense. 

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm honestly not sure what he meant by "wishy washy". I do 100% believe there is a portion of this fan base that turns on players too early. I'm not just talking about Pep. It is something I've seen in all the years I've been on this board now. There are fans that jump on players when they're down, "attack" them, etc. They become enemy #1 if they leave the team, and sometimes when they're on it. Now I understand these players may not be performing, but the responses seem extreme. I get that they're football players and criticism is part of the job, but I think a part of our fan base takes it past that point. Maybe other fan bases have portions that do the same, but I'm not as deeply involved in them. I swear this is an opinion I've had for years too, not just with the stuff around Pep.

Just look at the number of posters around here this season who continue to bitch and complain and such negative attitudes despite the fact that the team has shown some actual talent and moving in the right direction for the first time in several years.   There's still the "we're losers" or "I knew we were going to lose" and all that other bullshit.   This is a pretty good, very young football team that seems to be heading in the right direction and hopefully keeps getting better.   But it still isn't good enough for some around here.

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Except it isn't indefensible. And I'm not the only one. And I've admitted many times when he can do better or messed up. And I've called out fajse statements. And.... ah, Shmuck it... it's been made clear there are people in here that post about what I say without having actually read what I say. (not necessarily you Hoorta)

I have read every single weasel word that you have typed

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Except it isn't indefensible. And I'm not the only one. And I've admitted many times when he can do better or messed up. And I've called out false statements. And.... ah, Shmuck it... it's been made clear there are people in here that post about what I say without having actually read what I say. (not necessarily you Hoorta)

Nah- I'll put my Mod Hat on for a second- my POV. You're just being paranoid that because 90% of this Board isn't loving on loving on Jabril JUST because he went to Michigan is dead wrong. 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

But that is just it, some fans will hate on a player because of where he played college at. It is freaking stupid to hate a player because of that. Many fans on here think we should draft ALL BUCKEYES across the boards. Every year around draft you have people on here saying how great this Buckeye was or that 1 or blah blah blah. And as somebody said, How well did Brian Robeskie or whatever his name is do? He was NO BURNER no speed, dropped passes, ran wrong routs, People hated Braylon Edwards way before he dropped passes, He did catch some good ones like what 17 TD in 2007? When was the last time a Browns player did that?

he was 100% dead on the money right about a certain toxic segment of the browns fan base. Theres alot of browns fans who's lives are literally miserable from the decades of the browns suckage. Ive been  miserable as dar as sports go but since pro sports arent the focal point if my existence, once sunday is over thats that as far as my rage is concerned. 

last year i was raging at kizer the last couole games when he sht the bed like 2nd string JV.....but under no circumstances did i carry that contempt off the field. Would never have supported browns fans fukking with him off tbe field on his own time. Brandon weedon....ive never been madder at a browns player in my natural life as i walked up 9th street after that infamous lions game.......still wouldn.............ok no i would absolutely have condoned throwing eggs at that fukker who am i kidding. Ok but thats brandon weedo. after el shovel pass. But thats the only player ever i would have condoned fukking with off the field. And only for like a couple weeks afrer. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:15 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

Pretty decent interview/article with Mr. Peppers. Poor guy can’t even go into CVS without being haranged by disgruntled Browns’ fans.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, choco said:

just because "fan" came from fanatic doesn't give everyone an excuse to act like a dipshit.

My take in a nut shell...

Even a ticket to the game does not entitle any fan to intrude into a players life beyond a simple greeting or request for an autograph.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, Tacosman said:

the thing is that are secondary is lacking depth and quality at this point outside of ward and maybe randall and Peppers *still* is off the field more than he is on it.  

When we do get more depth and better players he won' even be getting the snaps he is now.

Except that DBs (and LBs for that matter) aren't rotated the way that the DL, WRs and RBs are. So "depth", which insinuates less talented players than starters, will not impact Peppers' PT.

Diito for situational substitutions... starting SSs do not sit... even in goal line situations.

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

he was 100% dead on the money right about a certain toxic segment of the browns fan base. Theres alot of browns fans who's lives are literally miserable from the decades of the browns suckage. Ive been  miserable as dar as sports go but since pro sports arent the focal point if my existence, once sunday is over thats that as far as my rage is concerned. 

last year i was raging at kizer the last couole games when he sht the bed like 2nd string JV.....but under no circumstances did i carry that contempt off the field. Would never have supported browns fans fukking with him off tbe field on his own time. Brandon weedon....ive never been madder at a browns player in my natural life as i walked up 9th street after that infamous lions game.......still wouldn.............ok no i would absolutely have condoned throwing eggs at that fukker who am i kidding. Ok but thats brandon weedo. after el shovel pass. But thats the only player ever i would have condoned fukking with off the field. And only for like a couple weeks afrer. 

😄 God Bless ya!   That took me from FLABS (Flugel's Abs) to 2 minutes abs.    It feels great to see my toes from a standing position again.  Thanks Clevs!!!

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nah- I'll put my Mod Hat on for a second- my POV. You're just being paranoid that because 90% of this Board isn't loving on loving on Jabril JUST because he went to Michigan is dead wrong. 

I don't expect everyone to love him. But I know the anti Michigan stuff that gets posted here and other places. I see it all of the time. And I see anti Michigan stuff on threads/articles about Peppers too. It isn't hard to tie it all together. 

And again, for like the 15th time, I'm NOT saying Jabrill is being hated on JUST because he went to Michigan. I'm saying that all adds to the build up leading to negative comments, being harassed in the streets, etc. Idk how many times I need to explain that

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't expect everyone to love him. But I know the anti Michigan stuff that gets posted here and other places. I see it all of the time. And I see anti Michigan stuff on threads/articles about Peppers too. It isn't hard to tie it all together. 

And again, for like the 15th time, I'm NOT saying Jabrill is being hated on JUST because he went to Michigan. I'm saying that all adds to the build up leading to negative comments, being harassed in the streets, etc. Idk how many times I need to explain that

So if he were making plays would Browns fan love him less because he went to Michigan? I mean logically if you say that they are quicker to hate on him for bad plays because he is from Michigan then that would be true also would it not?

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

😄 God Bless ya!   That took me from FLABS (Flugel's Abs) to 2 minutes abs.    It feels great to see my toes from a standing position again.  Thanks Clevs!!!

yeah i caught myself there mid sentence cause i started to recall the sputtering rage walking back up 9th after that game. Utter bewildering rage. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It goes with the territory. There's plenty of anti- Notre Dame bias too. So don't get all butt hurt about some Ohio State Fans hating on Michigan. Want to stop the ragging on the streets Jabril? Just score the winning pick six against the Ravens, and drinks are free anywhere in Cleveland for the next month. 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just score the winning pick six against the Ravens, and drinks are free anywhere in Cleveland for the next month. 

thats all? my what a low bar. I would have thrown in returning at least 5 punts all for TD's abd setting the single game sack record for an individual player. I mean thsts just baseline competency we're asking for.

If he "really" wants to impress he can take a Wyldcat snap then promptly throw the ball out of the stadium and maybe take out a window at ernst & young. Now u have my attn young man

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It goes with the territory. There's plenty of anti- Notre Dame bias too. So don't get all butt hurt about some Ohio State Fans hating on Michigan. Want to stop the ragging on the streets Jabril? Just score the winning pick six against the Ravens, and drinks are free anywhere in Cleveland for the next month. 

"If you don't want to be harassed and confronted on the streets every day, all you have to do is get a game winning pick 6 this week"

Wow, how simple. Until then though it's definitely alright to harass him...

....lol what?

Also, I don't get butthurt about OSU hate. I've lived in Northeast Ohio most of my life. I'm used to it. Either I have good debates with rational OSU fans or I eventually just ignore the ignorant, stuborn, impossible OSU fans. Guess which ones we have more of on our CFB board? Haha

Archived