THE BROWNS BOARD

Peppers

Tacosman

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And that's bad because...  Your eye test? 

You've watched every snap of every other QB in the Big Ten? 

How can "too much information" be bad when it comes to statistically and analytics?

Actually I have at least of Brian lewerke Shea Patterson Alex hornibrook Nathan Stanley Peyton Ramsey and Clayton Thorson obviously Haskins as well but you asked for other quarterbacks in the Big Ten. Forgot trace mcsorley.

Also if statistics and analytics were everything we would have turned this team around before we got a football eye test guy in as our GM. Sashi did a great job acquiring draft capital and freeing up cap space but they needed Dorsey to evaluate talent not based on statistics and Analytics. 

Edit I can also say I love Baker and the way he is playing but there is no way he's playing the 6th best out of all the quarterbacks in the NFL

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And that's bad because...  Your eye test? 

You've watched every snap of every other QB in the Big Ten? 

How can "too much information" be bad when it comes to statistically and analytics?

Lets see these stats the put Haskins as only the 5th best Big Ten QB.  ....and then I will quote Benjamin Disraeli:  "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Lets see these stats the put Haskins as only the 5th best Big Ten QB.  ....and then I will quote Benjamin Disraeli:  "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

I have on idea, I didn't bring up the PFF grades.

I take it there is that difference between "what my eyes see", "what my heart wants" and "what in depth analysis shows". They aren't infallible or anything, but I'd  take  their evaluation over what a fan sees on TV.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Woody is in a fever pitch about his boy friend Peppers.  LMAO.

Speaking of, shouldn't you be fellating your Orange God over on the political board?

From what I hear, your posts over there are even more useless than yours here, MAGA groupie.  

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I take it there is that difference between "what my eyes see", "what my heart wants" and "what in depth analysis shows". They aren't infallible or anything, but I'd  take  their evaluation over what a fan sees on TV.

Analytics and stats aren't everything.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of, shouldn't you be fellating your Orange God over on the political board?

From what I hear, your posts over there are even more useless than yours here, MAGA groupie.  

u dont need to.hear it second hand, go over and see for urself. He's been better lately tho.....now its west side taking the majority first team reps. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Six touchdown passes in one game how’s that for a statistic. 

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Six touchdown passes in one game how’s that for a statistic. 

It's great. And Haskins is a very good player. But there's a reason why PFF doesn't just grade players based on the flashy stats that the casual fan sees. A whole host of variables matter. Context matters. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It's great. And Haskins is a very good player. But there's a reason why PFF doesn't just grade players based on the flashy stats that the casual fan sees. A whole host of variables matter. Context matters. 

Well how about this for a resource. I think the NFL scouts will be drooling over this guy and he could likely be a top five pick when he comes out if not number one overall. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well how about this for a resource. I think the NFL scouts will be drooling over this guy and he could likely be a top five pick when he comes out if not number one overall. 

I'd say your opinion isn't as good of a resource as PFF grades and that draft stock != how good of a QB someone is in college

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'd say your opinion isn't as good of a resource as PFF grades and that draft stock != how good of a QB someone is in college

Well....it isn't my opinion....it is the opinion of NFL scouts. 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Ranking-college-footballs-10-most-disappointing-teams-123058318

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/10/06/dwayne-haskins-nfl-draft-college-football-ohio-state/

But, by all means, list the grades that PFF has put out for  college QBs.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think the NFL scouts will be drooling over this guy and he could likely be a top five pick when he comes out if not number one overall. 

Doubtful. This year's DL [both edge and interior] class is otherworldly.  Top-20, sure.

My top 7 is some order of Ed Oliver / Bosa / Clelin Ferrell / the Bama OT / The Other Josh Allen / Rashaan Gary / Raekwon Davis.  Mix and match but I bet nobody skill goes before 8.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Doubtful. This year's DL [both edge and interior] class is otherworldly.  Top-20, sure.

My top 7 is some order of Ed Oliver / Bosa / Clelin Ferrell / the Bama OT / The Other Josh Allen / Rashaan Gary / Raekwon Davis.  Mix and match but I bet nobody skill goes before 8.

I do not believe Haskins will nor should he come out. So he would not/should not be in the top of this draft.

But, if for some reason he would declare:   Hello! McFly!  Is anybody home?    He is a fuyucking QB.  Of course a damned QB is going to go high if the NFL scouts believe he has the goods. 

Archived