THE BROWNS BOARD

Peppers

Tacosman

Peppers is learning. I think the desperate move to have him stay so far back hurt his rep with fans,

but he isn't doing that now.

A lot to learn, I'm fine with  him - he has made mistakes, no big deal - he is doing different stuff this season.

He'll grow, he loves the game. We'll be bragging on him later. He's a smart kid - he'll be fine later.

Meanwhile, I do "hate" Michigan - but, I have to admit, the school is developing a world class dummy education program.

You won't believe who their first student was, not a football player....that entered that program.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Peppers is learning. I think the desperate move to have him stay so far back hurt his rep with fans,

but he isn't doing that now.

A lot to learn, I'm fine with  him - he has made mistakes, no big deal - he is doing different stuff this season.

He'll grow, he loves the game. We'll be bragging on him later. He's a smart kid - he'll be fine later.

Meanwhile, I do "hate" Michigan - but, I have to admit, the school has a world class education program.

I think... I think I agree with Cal here? Wow. 

Just edited a little there at the end

2 hours ago, choco said:

how very apologist of you.  harassing players is never ok...harassing anyone isn't ok.  it says more about how childish this fanbase is than anything else.  the impression i get is every player must be elite on every play depite the fact there are also pros on the other side.  

i used to come here to talk football...but this fanbase has largely turned into a bunch of whiny, pessimistic children who compete with each other as to whom can use the most hyperbole.  its insufferable, pathetic, and not at all indicative of an intelligent and rational fanbase.

just because "fan" came from fanatic doesn't give everyone an excuse to act like a dipshit.  players see these kinds of articles, then only consider coming to the land to collect a paycheck.  you reap what you sow.  so let those knee jerk, hyperbolic reactions flow....just reinforces the idea that this fanbase is one of the worst in pro sports.  im glad to have grow up in pittsburgh, otherwise i'd have turned out like a normal browns fan.  

I am not talking about up close and personal confrontations.  I am talking about getting on them for poor play in places like the media or social media, like here. 

And if you think this is the worst fan base in sports......that makes me think you are a Kunta, Kinte.......and you can take you gaping  hot pocket pussy back to Pittsburgh.  And YOU certainly do NOT raise the intellect level of things around here.

If you are that sensiyive, you are right  not to come here.....because it is the opposite of what you say......it is hard asses, hard workers tired of pampered toilet paper substitutes  failing to do their job to help this team win.....and then complaining about the fans.  

You must really have NO fuycking idea of how things are in other cities when these players act like  Divas. You really don't.   Other teams fans would act like Salome' and ask for their heads on a platter.   

The issue, or at least one of the issues, is that many fans were lead to believe that Peppers was 1) an 'ELITE' athlete - he is not  2) had the ability to play multiple positions at a high level - he cannot (to date).   The first year being a wash in my eyes.   That team didn't really endear any player to our fans.   

But when you're a first round pick, especially a first round pick from UM, you had damn well better be worth the price the front office paid for you.  Otherwise you're going to incur a world of Sheet for that price and that tag.    Fair or not, that is the reality of the situation.  

3 hours ago, choco said:

how very apologist of you.  harassing players is never ok...harassing anyone isn't ok.  it says more about how childish this fanbase is than anything else.  the impression i get is every player must be elite on every play depite the fact there are also pros on the other side.  

i used to come here to talk football...but this fanbase has largely turned into a bunch of whiny, pessimistic children who compete with each other as to whom can use the most hyperbole.  its insufferable, pathetic, and not at all indicative of an intelligent and rational fanbase.

just because "fan" came from fanatic doesn't give everyone an excuse to act like a dipshit.  players see these kinds of articles, then only consider coming to the land to collect a paycheck.  you reap what you sow.  so let those knee jerk, hyperbolic reactions flow....just reinforces the idea that this fanbase is one of the worst in pro sports.  im glad to have grow up in pittsburgh, otherwise i'd have turned out like a normal browns fan.  

You're a little bitch.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

The issue, or at least one of the issues, is that many fans were lead to believe that Peppers was 1) an 'ELITE' athlete - he is not  2) had the ability to play multiple positions at a high level - he cannot (to date).   The first year being a wash in my eyes.   That team didn't really endear any player to our fans.   

But when you're a first round pick, especially a first round pick from UM, you had damn well better be worth the price the front office paid for you.  Otherwise you're going to incur a world of Sheet for that price and that tag.    Fair or not, that is the reality of the situation.  

To me, being from UM has nothing to do with anything.   When he puts on the Brown and Orange, he is a Brown.  

It IS being a first round pick.    

I think that Browns fans have been far less harsh on him than they have on the litany of other Browns first round busts.

He hasn't gotten the Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, JMZ treatment.   Or the Mingo/Gilbert treatment.  Or name any other past Browns first round bust.

Look at the shite that Njoku is taking here, and elsewhere for his dropsies.  He is getting as much or more than Peppers. 

So, you are absolutely right....it is the place he was picked that makes expectations on him high, and which makes disappointment also so high.  

Being from UM means nothing......we always have liked us some Aaron Shea, Steve Everitt, Darden,  Hoard...etc. etc. 

Here are some words of advice for the kid:

Play good.   Don't play bad.       It makes all the difference.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

last i checked "getting fries with that" wasnt a terribly complex team oriented endeavor. But yeah i can def see how sraring down 11 top level athletes running right you with one singular goal in mind is akin to connecting me with ur supervisor.🙄

Catch ball, run with ball. Guys who get 12 on the ACT have figured it out.  But you keep jawing at the $12/hr dude.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

its fukking disgraceful to give any player sht that ISNT a problem child and has done whats been asked of him. Utter disgrace. Did people harass josh gordon? The guy that actually fukked us over for multople years?

Little, Weeden, Quinn, Gonzalez, Pettine, Braylon, Shananahan, Mangini...you critical of any of those guys

- Being from Michigan absolutely adds to this. Whether people choose to admit it or not

- Yes, people were critical of those players... eventually. It's the rate at which it got to it 

- I'm not sure how many of those players were harassed in person whenever they go out 

- He has played well this year. Again, he was our top rated defender just two weeks ago. This idea he's playing as terribly as the busts listed is just incorrect.

- Now he's a diva? What? What has he done that's made him a diva? Accurately describe the shittiest part of our fanbase?

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- Being from Michigan absolutely adds to this. Whether people choose to admit it or not

- Yes, people were critical of those players... eventually. It's the rate at which it got to it 

- I'm not sure how many of those players were harassed in person whenever they go out 

- He has played well this year. Again, he was our top rated defender just two weeks ago. This idea he's playing as terribly as the busts listed is just incorrect.

- Now he's a diva? What? What has he done that's made him a diva? Accurately describe the shittiest part of our fanbase?

I am a Buckeyes fan for sure. That said I am a BROWNS fan even more. I do not care if a guy played for MI or was the all star for the local prison team if he can ball lol, complete non factor in my b!tching about any player. Id say the jury is out on the value of Peppers but hope he turns out to really kill it. 

As far as publicly harrasing a player, I think its fine if you are at the stadium yelling at the field, outside the venue its absolute horsesh!t. I know if I have a bad day at work it would suck for some assh0le at the store Ive never met give me sh1T. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The issue, or at least one of the issues, is that many fans were lead to believe that Peppers was 1) an 'ELITE' athlete - he is not  2) had the ability to play multiple positions at a high level - he cannot (to date). 

I think they envisioned him as a Troy Palamalu.   But so far he's the jack of all trades, master of none.

...and he should keep his mouth shut.  It's not always good, the way the media has access to the player(s).

Players are heckled in most sports.  Even by their own fans.  The job is to ignore the idiots.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Little, Weeden, Quinn, Gonzalez, Pettine, Braylon, Shananahan, Mangini...you critical of any of those guys

why would i be critical of mangini or shanahan? u do remember the last time we had an "elite" running attack right? one that actually scared the sht out of people and landed our RB o. the cover of madden.....rem that? that was under mangini. 

34 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think they envisioned him as a Troy Palamalu.   But so far he's the jack of all trades, master of none.

...and he should keep his mouth shut.  It's not always good, the way the media has access to the player(s).

Players are heckled in most sports.  Even by their own fans.  The job is to ignore the idiots.

Heckled and confronted in person at a store are not the same thing

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

why would i be critical of mangini or shanahan? u do remember the last time we had an "elite" running attack right? one that actually scared the sht out of people and landed our RB o. the cover of madden.....rem that? that was under mangini. 

I was throwing names out there that have been skewered by Browns fans assuming you’ve called a few out.  You’re an honest guy so I’m sure there have been a few and just pointing out that it wasn’t a priority before.  You could be right and the modern athlete needs to be treated with kid gloves.  I’m slowly becoming a curmudgeon so I’ll continue to call dudes out.  Now I don’t think guys should be shouted at when they are with their family but on the field, talk radio and with their boys they are fair game.  I would also caution fans to watch the line because if you cross it you get what you get.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Heckled and confronted in person at a store are not the same thing

Apparently Peppers picked up the book by Braylon Edwards: "How to Use Your Michigan Background to Deflect From Being a First-Round Disappointment on the Cleveland Browns"... 

critisized on random anon msg boards vs confronted on the street while getting some sht walgreens......pls let that sit fir a sec guys. Im as critical as anybidy at underperforming players....but i would never ever ever ever piss on a dude when he's on his own time. I wouldnt have done that to girdon and he's about the most irritated ive ever been at a player. We have to know the proper time and place for sht.

On sundays, the dude fuks up......let her rip, thats fair. On wednesdays when the dude wants some peace and quiet, just runnin to the store for the same sht we run to the store for.....cmon dudes, act like grown men. Not saying anybody here has done sht like that, but u seem to be fine with other dudes that have heckled these guys in public. Jabril peppers aint beat his woman or wore socks depictibg the decapitation of police officers. #perspective

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Some people already feel the way about me because of my college choice," he said. "I've just got to play better and make the plays on the field to get them to like me. That's how it is in the NFL."

Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans hate okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.

He was supposed to be this great kick returner. He is not

He was supposed to be this great defensive player. he is not

He was supposed to be an offensive weapon. He is not

He looks like just another 1st round bust

13 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.

Yep. The only way for a TEAM to improve is for each player to accept, correct, & improve HIS OWN deficiencies. Peppers stated "WE need to get better". True, but WE won't improve without individual players critiqueing & improving their own play. Baker put this last game on his own shoulders & I guarantee he will continue to improve & grow. Same with Landry saying he needed to crank up the jugs machine (to deal with Baker's velocity). THAT is what Browns players need to do.......commit to what they EACH can do individually to improve. That's how WE will grow as a Team.

Mike

the thing is that are secondary is lacking depth and quality at this point outside of ward and maybe randall and Peppers *still* is off the field more than he is on it.  

When we do get more depth and better players he won' even be getting the snaps he is now.

He's not going to be someone who is getting important snaps when we are good.

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

critisized on random anon msg boards vs confronted on the street while getting some sht walgreens......pls let that sit fir a sec guys. Im as critical as anybidy at underperforming players....but i would never ever ever ever piss on a dude when he's on his own time. I wouldnt have done that to girdon and he's about the most irritated ive ever been at a player. We have to know the proper time and place for sht.

On sundays, the dude fuks up......let her rip, thats fair. On wednesdays when the dude wants some peace and quiet, just runnin to the store for the same sht we run to the store for.....cmon dudes, act like grown men. Not saying anybody here has done sht like that, but u seem to be fine with other dudes that have heckled these guys in public. Jabril peppers aint beat his woman or wore socks depictibg the decapitation of police officers. #perspective

honestly I think much of the fan base has just stopped caring because he is already having his role de-emphasized....

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

To me, being from UM has nothing to do with anything.   When he puts on the Brown and Orange, he is a Brown.  

It IS being a first round pick.    

I think that Browns fans have been far less harsh on him than they have on the litany of other Browns first round busts.

He hasn't gotten the Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, JMZ treatment.   Or the Mingo/Gilbert treatment.  Or name any other past Browns first round bust.

Look at the shite that Njoku is taking here, and elsewhere for his dropsies.  He is getting as much or more than Peppers. 

So, you are absolutely right....it is the place he was picked that makes expectations on him high, and which makes disappointment also so high.  

Being from UM means nothing......we always have liked us some Aaron Shea, Steve Everitt, Darden,  Hoard...etc. etc. 

Here are some words of advice for the kid:

Play good.   Don't play bad.       It makes all the difference.

the problem with peppers is that he was taken as a safety....and not even the more important safety position....in the first freaking round.   

First round corners sometimes miss.  First round tackles sometimes miss.  A first round 'run stopper'(lmao) strong safety?  If you take that in the first round you better be 

drafting someone who is a sure thing to be really good.  

so he gets here and it's initially obvious that he is not special in any way.....he's slow as shite.  He doesn't run anywhere near as fast in pads as he does in workout clothes apparently.  We spent a first round pick on a guy who could be found as an udfa.

2 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Peppers would have not been an udfa.

of course not...someone would have taken him in the late 2nd round or whatever and realized later on that they shouldnt have and been in the same position as us...except burnt a little less.

Nobody is going to give us a 3rd rounder for him now forexample.

right now we could definately find an udfa to give us what we expect from peppers going forward now......

Archived