THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Ryan shazier would have finished his career if healthy with ridiculous numbers. Fastest player on our team at linebacker, terrific in coverage. He was our new Polamalu until.....

When you lead with your head, you can wind up dead...   Saw he's out for the year, and even if he comes back, at what level?  

Consider yourself lucky the first game the Browns played Tyrod instead of Baker, and had a bum kicker. The odds of you having a top 10 pick, and finishing in the North basement will start coming into focus this week.  Steelers can't afford another loss- and neither can the Falcons.   

32 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Ryan shazier would have finished his career if healthy with ridiculous numbers. Fastest player on our team at linebacker, terrific in coverage. He was our new Polamalu until.....

That is a hell of a stretch for a guy whose production was no better than Christian Kirksey.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

When you lead with your head, you can wind up dead...   Saw he's out for the year, and even if he comes back, at what level?  

Consider yourself lucky the first game the Browns played Tyrod instead of Baker, and had a bum kicker. The odds of you having a top 10 pick, and finishing in the North basement will start coming into focus this week.  Steelers can't afford another loss- and neither can the Falcons.   

He went to the Brodney Pool School of Tackling... 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That is a hell of a stretch for a guy whose production was no better than Christian Kirksey.

I forgot Christian kirksey ran a sub 4.3. Gtfo gipper. You are ridiculous 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hoorta Boswell missed field goals too. I'm tired of reading this or hearing this from Browns faithful. Week one was a Sheet show.

20 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I forgot Christian kirksey ran a sub 4.3. Gtfo gipper. You are ridiculous 

Christian Kirksey has had a better pro career than Ryan Shazier has Had. I suppose you’re going to tell me that speed is everything? If that’s the case then Renaldo Nehemiah would have had a better career than Jerry Rice

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Christian Kirksey has had a better pro career than Ryan Shazier has Had. I suppose you’re going to tell me that speed is everything? If that’s the case then Renaldo Nehemiah would have had a better career than Jerry Rice

Kirksey is a volume linebacker, he does not have the same impact on the field. People don't scheme for kirksey, teams schemed for shazier. It's not rocket science gipper. 

Further more but you are too damn dense to even look,  kirksey has played 20! More games. 

20!

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Ravens smell blood and were basically given a gift this week. The gift is obviously playing us, and not just playing us, but playing us after a soul-crushing loss. Joe Flacco is something like 87-1 against us. After we gave up 40+ points to an 0-3 team, the Ravens will be licking their chops. I think we're in deep sht, and my only hope for the game is that Baker doesn't get hurt because I just can't envision us pulling out a win. I just can't. Terrell Suggs is going to absolutely kill us. 

Man, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing can change your season like a home division win. And if we win, I could envision a scenario where we win a close game in Tampa. But if we lose to Ravens, I don't see us having the confidence. 

46 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The Ravens smell blood and were basically given a gift this week. The gift is obviously playing us, and not just playing us, but playing us after a soul-crushing loss. Joe Flacco is something like 87-1 against us. After we gave up 40+ points to an 0-3 team, the Ravens will be licking their chops. I think we're in deep sht, and my only hope for the game is that Baker doesn't get hurt because I just can't envision us pulling out a win. I just can't. Terrell Suggs is going to absolutely kill us. 

Man, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing can change your season like a home division win. And if we win, I could envision a scenario where we win a close game in Tampa. But if we lose to Ravens, I don't see us having the confidence. 

And the Lions were given a gift with the Jets and the Vikings with Buffalo. And if they treat us as a gift, then anything can happen in the NFL.

58 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

First off the Way the Browns were playing, no one is going to consider them a gift pushover. Not on the road. It's been pointed out 21 of the points we gifted the Raiders were due to 1) a pick six, and 2) a couple short fields due to turnovers. Besides, the Browns make that overturned Hyde is short call, we're 2-1-1, better than the vaunted Vikings, and doubtless you'd be singing another tune. 

Did you even watch what was going on Sundays night?  The Ravens beat the Steelers rather handily. So much for that soul crushing loss. Yeah, if you're looking at the "Power Rankings" AKA the NFL Beauty Contest, the Ravens are the better team. 

Like Baker sort of said, the past is the past. If you think the Browns don't have a chance against the Ratbirds, why even bother watching? 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Kirksey is a volume linebacker, he does not have the same impact on the field. People don't scheme for kirksey, teams schemed for shazier. It's not rocket science gipper. 

Further more but you are too damn dense to even look,  kirksey has played 20! More games. 

20!

We had this argument even before Shazier got hurt.   When they played the same number of games, Kirksey still had better production.

So, you say that  Kirksey is a "volume" linebacker.  By that I assume that you mean that he made more tackles and had more assists.  Isn't that the job of a defensive player?   particularly a linebacker?   To make tackles.  

And I disagree that teams "schemed" for Shazier any more than they schemed for Kirksey or any other player.  What did they do to scheme?  Tell their players to "block that guy"?     It is a meaningless concept that is inapplicable.  Offenses scheme for every single defensive player.

So, you are right....it is NOT rocket science.  But you want to try to make it into that.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

First off the Way the Browns were playing, no one is going to consider them a gift pushover. Not on the road. It's been pointed out 21 of the points we gifted the Raiders were due to 1) a pick six, and 2) a couple short fields due to turnovers. Besides, the Browns make that overturned Hyde is short call, we're 2-1-1, better than the vaunted Vikings, and doubtless you'd be singing another tune. 

Did you even watch what was going on Sundays night?  The Ravens beat the Steelers rather handily. So much for that soul crushing loss. Yeah, if you're looking at the "Power Rankings" AKA the NFL Beauty Contest, the Ravens are the better team. 

Like Baker sort of said, the past is the past. If you think the Browns don't have a chance against the Ratbirds, why even bother watching? 

Just because I don't THINK we're going to win and we don't have a chance doesn't mean I'm right. I mean, come on. If I was right about everything I'd be heading to Vegas right now. 

Like so many people have said, so much of this game is mental. Mentally, we don't HAVE a home advantage. We don't have one because we don't win there. So why would anyone coming to Cleveland NOT believe they could win? 

Likewise, we expect to lose. I believe it, I feel there's a tangible feeling that players are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Honestly, how could they not? Look at the outcomes of these games. We beat the Jets, and that's wonderful, but the Jets might be the worst team we play all year. We don't get them every week. We play teams that expect to win. And if you thought Derek Carr picked us apart, just wait until we play Rivers without Terrence Mitchell. Or even Joe Flacco. We're in legit trouble. Look at it this way....you really think we're going to consistently get Nick Chubb running 50 yard touchdowns? 50 yard TE touchdowns? Heck no. Those are once a year type plays. We might not score 42 points in our next two games combined. 

Look, I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I'm not. But I've seen this movie before. You have too. If the team we're playing has a chance to beat us at the end, more than likely, they are. Likewise, if we need a score (ahem, FG) at the end of the game to win, it's not going to happen. We just aren't that team. Can it change? Can we be that team? Sure! But until I see it happening, I'd be an absolute fool to think it's going to happen. Why? Because we have terrible special teams. How many NFL games are close? The vast majority, right? How often does a game come down to special teams? Not just FG's, but kick returns. Punt returns. Kick COVERAGE. These things matter, and EVERY SINGLE TEAM we play has the upper hand. Every one. 

That alone will cost us games. Heck, it ALREADY HAS. It will continue to devastate us. And when you have a young qb who needs all the help he can get, a defense just exposed, and your team can't win the special teams battle? Well, you know the result. The next game we win will be the magical unicorn game. Where everything goes our way. We're due for one of those. I think we'll have that victory, and one other random win. We'll be 3-12-1. And that's still better than last year. 

Jesus...you must be a blast to hang out with if you're this negative and depressing all the time.    I would think the best thing for you is to just stop watching the games and wait till the day  comes when the Browns are good and then jump back on the bandwagon.    We get it....you think the team sucks and has a lousy coach and all that.   You don't need to say it every single day in 8 different threads.  We've got it. 

Archived