Sign in to follow this  
Westside Steve

If they had any balls

Why?   Why do we need these old shows to be recycled?  Why is there a lack of imagination in TV programming.  Remakes of Hawaii 5-0,  Magnum PI, MacGyver,  Reboots of Will and Grace, Murphy Brown....this show. 

I don't see the need for it.   

If they are going to do remakes, when will we get the New Bonanza, or the new Beverly Hillbillies.  or the new Happy Days, or the new MASH.....etc.

Why?

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?   Why do we need these old shows to be recycled?  Why is there a lack of imagination in TV programming.  Remakes of Hawaii 5-0,  Magnum PI, MacGyver,  Reboots of Will and Grace, Murphy Brown....this show. 

I don't see the need for it.   

If they are going to do remakes, when will we get the New Bonanza, or the new Beverly Hillbillies.  or the new Happy Days, or the new MASH.....etc.

Why?

Easily addressed. Then don't watch it. Plenty of stuff I don't watch and probably wouldn't watch the Roseanne show either. But if somebody else wants to I'm good with it. 

WSS

12 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

Roseanne show was getting traction when it started off  - MAGA elements to it

I too would like to see Fox take it 

I would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying CircusI would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying Circus

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying CircusI would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying Circus

Like I said you don't like it? Don't watch it.

And if nobody watches these retreads that you are complaining about they will be off the air soon enough.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Like I said you don't like it? Don't watch it.

And if nobody watches these retreads that you are complaining about they will be off the air soon enough.

WSS

I am talking about ones that I WOULD like to see them bring back.

How about a new "Miami Vice"?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am talking about ones that I WOULD like to see them bring back.

How about a new "Miami Vice"?

Didn't they just do that? And who cares? Monty Python is particular group of actors. You couldn't remake the Jackie Gleason Show or the Red Skelton Show without Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton. No reason you can't remake a concept show that nobody from this generation has ever even seen.

WSS

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Didn't they just do that? And who cares? Monty Python is particular group of actors. You couldn't remake the Jackie Gleason Show or the Red Skelton Show without Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton. No reason you can't remake a concept show that nobody from this generation has ever even seen.

WSS

I don’t know. Did they remake Miami Vice. 

On 9/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, Westside Steve said:

I knew about the Colin Farrell/Jamie Foxx movie.   It was OK.  But I was talking about a new TV series.

If you think about it though.....the likes of Hawaii 5-0,  Miami Vice and others were basically remakes of:

Surfside 6

Hawaiian Eye

77 Sunset Strip

How about remakes of those!!