Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Westside Steve

If they had any balls

Recommended Posts

Why?   Why do we need these old shows to be recycled?  Why is there a lack of imagination in TV programming.  Remakes of Hawaii 5-0,  Magnum PI, MacGyver,  Reboots of Will and Grace, Murphy Brown....this show. 

I don't see the need for it.   

If they are going to do remakes, when will we get the New Bonanza, or the new Beverly Hillbillies.  or the new Happy Days, or the new MASH.....etc.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why?   Why do we need these old shows to be recycled?  Why is there a lack of imagination in TV programming.  Remakes of Hawaii 5-0,  Magnum PI, MacGyver,  Reboots of Will and Grace, Murphy Brown....this show. 

I don't see the need for it.   

If they are going to do remakes, when will we get the New Bonanza, or the new Beverly Hillbillies.  or the new Happy Days, or the new MASH.....etc.

Why?

Easily addressed. Then don't watch it. Plenty of stuff I don't watch and probably wouldn't watch the Roseanne show either. But if somebody else wants to I'm good with it. 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

Roseanne show was getting traction when it started off  - MAGA elements to it

I too would like to see Fox take it 

I would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying CircusI would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying Circus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying CircusI would rather they bring back Monty Python’s flying Circus

Like I said you don't like it? Don't watch it.

And if nobody watches these retreads that you are complaining about they will be off the air soon enough.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Like I said you don't like it? Don't watch it.

And if nobody watches these retreads that you are complaining about they will be off the air soon enough.

WSS

I am talking about ones that I WOULD like to see them bring back.

How about a new "Miami Vice"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am talking about ones that I WOULD like to see them bring back.

How about a new "Miami Vice"?

Didn't they just do that? And who cares? Monty Python is particular group of actors. You couldn't remake the Jackie Gleason Show or the Red Skelton Show without Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton. No reason you can't remake a concept show that nobody from this generation has ever even seen.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Didn't they just do that? And who cares? Monty Python is particular group of actors. You couldn't remake the Jackie Gleason Show or the Red Skelton Show without Jackie Gleason and Red Skelton. No reason you can't remake a concept show that nobody from this generation has ever even seen.

WSS

I don’t know. Did they remake Miami Vice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, Westside Steve said:

I knew about the Colin Farrell/Jamie Foxx movie.   It was OK.  But I was talking about a new TV series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think about it though.....the likes of Hawaii 5-0,  Miami Vice and others were basically remakes of:

Surfside 6

Hawaiian Eye

77 Sunset Strip

How about remakes of those!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×