THE BROWNS BOARD

The "Ex" vs. The "Fan"

Tour2ma

We all know Hue is the Raiders' Ex-HC...

I did not know Gruden was a Brows fan.

Jon Gruden grew up a Browns fan

ByJosh Edwards 5 hours ago

Jon Gruden is probably best known for his head coaching career with the Oakland Raiders and his broadcasting with ESPN. Long before either of those opportunities, Gruden was just a boy from Sandusky, Ohio. His deep football roots and geographical location naturally made him a Cleveland Browns fan.

“I was a big Cleveland Browns fan. I was a big (former Browns RB) Leroy Kelly fan. That was my team. My dad was a high school coach in Ohio at Galion High School. Went to watch the Browns in training camp every year. I still have a Leroy Kelly autographed picture in my house. I love Ohio. Went to Dayton (University). Love Ohio football. Look forward to doing some competing with Cleveland. There will be some great memories for sure. I like the old uniforms better, I must say," Gruden said during a conference call earlier this week.

As a teenager, he moved to South Bend, Indiana where his father, Jim, was an assistant coach under Notre Dame head coach Dan Devine.

Full article here: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Jon-Gruden-grew-up-Browns-fan-122550512/

Another article... this one on Hue's demise in OAK. Details I did not know or pay attention to at the time.

Why Hue Jackson regrets meltdown after last game as Raiders coach

Browns coach met his demise following post-game comments after losing 2011 finale to Chargers to miss playoffs

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/27/why-hue-jackson-regrets-meltdown-after-last-game-as-raiders-coach/

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

We all know Hue is the Raiders' Ex-HC...

I did not know Gruden was a Brows fan.

Full article here: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Jon-Gruden-grew-up-Browns-fan-122550512/

I had heard that he was, being from Sandusky and all.

And he is right about the uniforms.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Its almost laughable how badly the Haslams Shmucked up the uniforms. 

Only funny because we know the end is near for these abortions. 

On 9/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, The Gipper said:

Everyone likes the old uniforms better. Except those homos that kept the uniform thread going for five years.

marinovich_arrest_football_c0-252-4096-2

football-los-angeles-raiders-anthony-smi

2644032_crop_340x234.jpg?1276044783

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

i dont know what u homos keep going on about these uni's. They're perfectly fine. I love the orange ones. I wish we did like a red out game where they lit the stadium in red lighting to welcome a hated a div rival,  and had some red uni's with one or two of the other colors

Red? 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i dont know what u homos keep going on about these uni's. They're perfectly fine. I love the orange ones. I wish we did like a red out game where they lit the stadium in red lighting to welcome a hated a div rival,  and had some red uni's with one or two of the other colors

Now who is the homo 

I find it awesome and funny at the same time that SO many of us are from ohio.

I can remember dating a girl in tampa and taking her to the browns backers game, and her being amazed that that many people from ohio would gather for the event.

We keep coming back stronger than ever.

I have a feeling we'll beat the raiders and callaway catches a bomb tomorrow!

Archived