THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs. Raiders Trivia

The Gipper

Here is Trivia about the Browns opponent this week.   See what you can do:

1. A.  What is the regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Raiders?

B. What is their postseason head to head record?

2. Which Raiders 1st round draft pick spent some time playing for the Browns?

3. Which Raiders  HC  also coached the Browns?

4. What two players that lead the Raiders in passing also played for the Browns?

5. What  receiver that lead the Raiders in receiving one year also played for the Browns?

6. Name the two players that made the Pro Bowl as a Raider that also played for the Browns?

7. The Raiders were not supposed to originally play in Oakland when the AFL was being formed  (nor were they to be named the Raiders).    What city was supposed to get what became the Oakland Raiders franchise?

8. What uniform numbers have the Raiders retired?

9. The Raiders have won 3 Super Bowls, and in each a different player was named SB MVP.   Name those 3 players

10. Raiders players have  won the NFL MVP   3 times.   Name those 3 players.

11. Two Raiders players have won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award.   Name them.

12. Two Raiders players have won NFL Comeback Player of the Year.   Name them.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. A.  What is the regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Raiders?

13-12 Browns

Raiders lead 2-0

Hue

4. What two players that lead the Raiders in passing also played for the Browns?

Jason Campbell, Josh McCown

5. What  receiver that lead the Raiders in receiving one year also played for the Browns?

6. Name the two players that made the Pro Bowl as a Raider that also played for the Browns?

7. The Raiders were not supposed to originally play in Oakland when the AFL was being formed  (nor were they to be named the Raiders).    What city was supposed to get what became the Oakland Raiders franchise?

00,16, 12, 63

9. The Raiders have won 3 Super Bowls, and in each a different player was named SB MVP.   Name those 3 players

Plunkett, Allen, Willie Brown?

Gannon, Allen, Stabler

11. Two Raiders players have won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award.   Name them.

Ted Hendricks, Mack

Not what you're looking for in this thread I know,  but my favorite Browns vs Raiders trivia was when I was at the LA Coliseum in '93 and watched Eric Metcalf take the pitch from Vinny and high step into the end zone as time expired to complete the Browns' furious comeback......  Still the best football game I have ever seen in person.  https://www.si.com/vault/1993/09/27/129400/unbeaten-unbelievable-how-can-the-cleveland-browns-be-3-0-and-how-about-that-vinny-testaverde

EM.PNG

I remember that play like yesterday... When they handed off to Metcalf I screamed: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WE HAVE NO TIMEOUTS!" because if he got tackled, the game would be over.

Then he scored, and I was all like: "Hey, good call." 😁

Nice questions Gip.

6.  Name the two players that made the Pro Bowl as a Raider that also played for the Browns?   Was one Lyle Alzado? Always likdd him.

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Not what you're looking for in this thread I know,  but my favorite Browns vs Raiders trivia was when I was at the LA Coliseum in '93 and watched Eric Metcalf take the pitch from Vinny and high step into the end zone as time expired to complete the Browns' furious comeback......  Still the best football game I have ever seen in person.  https://www.si.com/vault/1993/09/27/129400/unbeaten-unbelievable-how-can-the-cleveland-browns-be-3-0-and-how-about-that-vinny-testaverde

EM.PNG

You should add to the thread only after you contribute to itYou should add to the thread only after you contribute to it

7. I can tell you that their nickname almost was the Senors, which would have been so, so bad. I had to look up the city because I never knew that the franchise almost went to another city. (Since I looked it up, I won't say what city). Apparently the only reason it was given to Oakland was because the owner of the Los Angeles (and then San Diego the next season) Chargers threatened to rescind his ownership offer if the AFL did not put another team in California. 

12.. Two Raiders players have won NFL Comeback Player of the Year.   Name them.

Several possibilities come to mind but I'll try 1. Plunkett and 2. Lyle Alzado again, he was always banging around in there. 

19 hours ago, Bob806 said:

13-12 Browns    No,  fairly close, but off by some.

Raiders lead 2-0  Check

Hue Check

Jason Campbell, Josh McCown  Campbell, yes, not McCown

00,16, 12, 63  NO

Plunkett, Allen, Willie Brown?  Plunkett and Allen, Check.  Not Brown

Gannon, Allen, Stabler  Check on all.

Ted Hendricks, Mack  Check on Mack, not Hendricks

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Nice questions Gip.

6.  Name the two players that made the Pro Bowl as a Raider that also played for the Browns?   Was one Lyle Alzado? Always likdd him.

Not Alzado.   He never made the Pro Bowl as a Raider.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Only 3 full questions answered so far...plus some parts.

That's because you're such a tough taskmaster.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Am I supposed to ask super easy questions, like what are the Raider's colors?  What slogans have they trademarked?  You can answer those.

Well maybe if you grade on the curve.  :lol:

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Don't feel bad,  you all could be as bad as these dumbasses  (though...maybe some of you are?)

Hard to believe NONE of the three could answer ANY of the questions!! 😳

Mike

Still unanswered:

4. What two players that lead the Raiders in passing also played for the Browns?  Update:  Jason Campbell named...one other name.

9. The Raiders have won 3 Super Bowls, and in each a different player was named SB MVP.   Name those 3 players  Update: Plunkett and Marcus Allen named....one more name.

11. Two Raiders players have won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award.   Name them. Update:  Khalil Mack named,  one more name

Friday afternoon Answers:

Raiders lead 12-10

Raiders lead 2-0   both games just 2 years apart:  1980 and 1982

Tight End Rickey Dudley

Hue Jackson......who needs 6 more wins this year to catch the number of wins he had one year with the Raiders (8-8)

Jason Campbell and.........Terrell Pryor.

Rod Streator!    Of course, can we say that Streator has yet played for the Browns?

RB Greg Pruitt, and K Jeff Jaeger.    (as noted, Alzado never made Pro Bowl as a Raider)

Minnesota.  No name was assigned to them, but when the AFL learned that the NFL was going to give Minnesota a team (Vikings), they decided to bug out of Minny....and go to Oakland.  And, as someone said,  Conrad Hilton would only agree to put his AFL team in LA (later to be moved to San Diego...and now back to LA)...if the AFL put another team on the west coast.  With them ducking out on Minnesota it opened it up for a team to be put in the Bay area.

None....-0-   The Raiders do not retire numbers.   Though......the 00 that Jim Otto wore will not be used again, not because it is retired, but because the NFL disallows the use of that number now.

Fred Biletnikoff, Jim Plunkett and Marcus Allen

Ken Stabler, Marcus Allen and Rich Gannon

Khalil Mack and Lester  Stickum if you got em  Hayes.

Jim Plunkett and Lyle Alzado

Archived