THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns To Name Baker Mayfield Starter Monday

Tour2ma

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The zip he gets is what surprised me most, I’m sure some questioned his arm strength leading up the draft 

People who paid attention knew he had excellent arm strength and accuracy. A lot of people didn't by making lazy comparisons to Manziel

I wouldn't name a starter until kickoff...... Phuck the Raiders. Treat 'em like mushrooms - keep them in the dark and feed 'em nothing but schidt. 

13 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He did say he needed to look over tape. I imagine it's just a courtesy to Tyrod so he can tell him before hearing it through the media.

Your lips to God's ears...

yep - I figured the Browns were DESTINED to be 1-1-1.

No reason to disrespect Taylor is anyone does. But Baker is magic - I believe we finally have a qb that

GETS IT, sees the field instantly, makes brilliant decisions, is accurate, and is so instinctively smart about it all...

.... I think he has a Bernie Kosar type of qb brain and eyes. Folks, that is just freaking RARE. I didn't see it with Darnold at all, despite all the hype - and his tendency to throw ints in college caught up with him.

Tyrod is courageous, talented...but has major limitations to his game that a talented defense can game plan against. I also wonder if he was banged up worse than he let on - his passes lacked zip worse than ever before.

And this defense freaking is one of the best in the NFL, proven it so far in three games - most turnovers, btw.

What a great WIN !!!

27 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Funny how the oline looked competent when we had a QB that could get rid of the ball.

Funny how the running back gained yardage when the defense had to respect the QB's ability to throw. 

The word "funny" didn't come to mind. I think it's because the defense didn't respect Tyrod's ability to make them pay for

going after him. There were times Ty had a wide open wr, and the defense got him because he wasn't looking that way.

I thought Baker was phenominal.. He sure as hell didn't look like a rookie out there.. Hey played like a seasoned vet with full command... Why we even Dicked around with Tuh'Rod blows my mind.. This kid is light years beyond Taylors comphrehension of Football

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I was thinking, "Nailed It!"

he reminds me of a young Ron Jaworski when he interviews... The kid is special...

Archived