THE BROWNS BOARD

the curb ur enthusiasm thread, bring it down a notch sportsfans....

Clevfan4life

otherwise we're setting baker up. He's gonna fuk up....they all do. Theres goofballs in here already suppositioning a SB appearance based on one thursday night win in 600+ days since our last win. Just calm down and realize we might still end up only winning a couple games. 

now that being said, its a "possibility" the north is super weak this year and the browns could maybe possibly win the division with 6 or 7 wins. I dont know yet, i still need to watch a cincy and blt game to get a feel for them. Playoff exp would be tittys, but this team is super young on both sides of the ball. 

im so fine tho with a 4-5 win season ifbthe games are close like they have been. Please be happy with cleveland relevance. We have to be relevant first before the wins come. Our def has already put the league on notice, ur in for a fight...

Bruh, am not coming down for 8 more days after waiting 635 for one win..Our Orange Slurpee Offense has as many downfalls as our Orange Slushie Defense..But a will give you Smith looks like a much better player with Williams foot on his as$ than in Cinn..adds another option we can play Ogbah next to Myles or even show Avery at LDE. EJ Gaines coming back should strengthen our backend core. Oakland's turf may only have dirt left after our kicker practises divot digging pre-game..today 4pm Jets at Browns NFL Network..party is still on at my house🎉    

Realism does tend to fly out the window fast 'round here.

It was just the Jets... and as Green once said, "They are who we thought they were." Difference is we did not let them off the hook.

We could easily have turned the ball over three time Thursday nite... Baker's strip... Duke's fumble... Baker's obscured endzone pass. But we did not... and in no small part our not losing the fumbles was due to inspired hustle.

We came from behind twice and our D sealed the deal... twice in the waning moments.

The change in our energy was palpable... and I do not see that changing in the short term. I know I am upping my win total for us.

Playoffs? I actually think they are possible now.

SB? Ummmm... no... not this year anyway.

I've been harping on "learning how to win". Well, we found a way... Mayfield Way. And now that our players have had a taste... they gonna want more.

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I think Oakland is beatable.   Let's worry about getting to 2-1.  

I'm not worried...

I'm actually expecting to be 2-1-1 in 8 days and about 4 hours.

guys its fine, as long as we dont scream and yell for the browns to can baker after a couple bad outings. Im "completely" tempering my expectations cause ive seen this show play out the same god damn way for 20 straight years. Now if i see the coaches putting a lid on this kid when we have real deep strike potential in calloway.....now ill be hot. But those throws we saw baker make when he first came in "will" be taken away by future defenses. 

step 2. kids got to win a road game. 10-11-15 was our last, with Pettine at Baltimore. took OT 33-30. 2014- Pettine won 3 more on the road at Atl.,Cinn.Tenn..those experts can count those days. Oakland here we come..marko or d-bone-ya going?

I know it's an improvement over the last couple of years, but I still can't fathom being happy with a four or five win season. Ever. That's the record of a garbage football team. 

I'd be happy with 8-8 (8-7-1). That's not a SB team or even a playoff team. But it's a respectable record. And it shouldn't be too much to ask. 

9-5-1 would be a Good place to settle. This defense is too good, and while Baker will have his down spots what he showed Thursday night wasn’t just gimmicky/flash in the pan stuff.  He was progressing quickly, getting the ball out quickly, accurately, and with real zip. He also displayed good pocket awareness for the most part.  Injury is the only thing derailing this train. 

As for the record... still hard for me to see a winning season, because I look at the schedule and after next week it gets nothing, but harder.

antn1fqnugxrhug3eia8

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Realism does tend to fly out the window fast 'round here.

It was just the Jets... and as Green once said, "They are who we thought they were." Difference is we did not let them off the hook.

We could easily have turned the ball over three time Thursday nite... Baker's strip... Duke's fumble... Baker's obscured endzone pass. But we did not... and in no small part our not losing the fumbles was due to inspired hustle.

We came from behind twice and our D sealed the deal... twice in the waning moments.

The change in our energy was palpable... and I do not see that changing in the short term. I know I am upping my win total for us.

Playoffs? I actually think they are possible now.

SB? Ummmm... no... not this year anyway.

I've been harping on "learning how to win". Well, we found a way... Mayfield Way. And now that our players have had a taste... they gonna want more.

You basically mirrored several of my posts with this, so obviously I totally agree. We got some luck, maybe it's about time. Carlos Hyde is GOING to fumble soon, he holds it with one hand too often. Baker Mayfield WILL throw some INT's, especially over the middle. A savvy defense will bait him into those "tight window" tosses, and be ready to grab it. However, the difference between Baker and other qb's we've had is Baker WILL learn. I believe that. I think our kicker will cost us some potential games. He didn't exactly inspire confidence with his performance, did he? The Banana Kick FG? The squeeze in extra point? Although his last extra point was perfect and his last kickoff hasn't LANDED yet, lol. He was JUICED boy. 

We aren't a complete team, and we knew that. Special teams will continue to dog us unless a miracle happens. Baker WILL get hurt if he continues to take those kind of hits. But hey, with a little luck, we can win more games than some think. I now believe that. Oakland doesn't have a pass rush now. This next game will be VERY interesting from a Baker perspective. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why is the rest of our schedule any more difficult than playing the Saints Steelers and jets?

Yeah, it's not lookin very pretty, but like you said, we were in position to win every game, so why should anyone else be different? Granted, the Steelers are a mess, but I always expect them to get it together. I really wish we played the Bills and Cardinals, lol. I mean, just LOOK at the schedule. Good Christ. After Oakland we get Ravens, Chargers, Bucs, Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Bengals, Texans, Panthers, Broncos, Bengals, and then Ravens? 

Jesus. Lol

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, it's not lookin very pretty, but like you said, we were in position to win every game, so why should anyone else be different? Granted, the Steelers are a mess, but I always expect them to get it together. I really wish we played the Bills and Cardinals, lol. I mean, just LOOK at the schedule. Good Christ. After Oakland we get Ravens, Chargers, Bucs, Steelers, Chiefs, Falcons, Bengals, Texans, Panthers, Broncos, Bengals, and then Ravens? 

Jesus. Lol

My point is that none of those teams that are really any stronger than the Saints in the Steelers were supposed to be or maybe again so none of those teams are any bigger of a challenge than what we’ve already faced. I don’t think we can match up against every week sister in the league so

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

My point is that none of those teams that are really any stronger than the Saints in the Steelers were supposed to be or maybe again so none of those teams are any bigger of a challenge than what we’ve already faced. I don’t think we can match up against every week sister in the league so

Oh, I totally agree. I was just kind of saying it'd be nice if we had a FEW teams that weren't playing well. Specifically the Lions, Cardinals, or the Bills. Lol lol

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

You basically mirrored several of my posts with this, so obviously I totally agree. We got some luck, maybe it's about time. Carlos Hyde is GOING to fumble soon, he holds it with one hand too often. Baker Mayfield WILL throw some INT's, especially over the middle. A savvy defense will bait him into those "tight window" tosses, and be ready to grab it. However, the difference between Baker and other qb's we've had is Baker WILL learn. I believe that. I think our kicker will cost us some potential games. He didn't exactly inspire confidence with his performance, did he? The Banana Kick FG? The squeeze in extra point? Although his last extra point was perfect and his last kickoff hasn't LANDED yet, lol. He was JUICED boy. 

We aren't a complete team, and we knew that. Special teams will continue to dog us unless a miracle happens. Baker WILL get hurt if he continues to take those kind of hits. But hey, with a little luck, we can win more games than some think. I now believe that. Oakland doesn't have a pass rush now. This next game will be VERY interesting from a Baker perspective. 

Yup... we're in lockstep.

Think our Kicker had a few butterflies early? He settled in late. Now we have to see how he handles his first miss.

Incomplete and not deep... injuries are going injury worked to our benefit play a big role in determining our record. So far we've been hit where we are deepest, LB and DB.

And with apologies to Tyrod, where we are thin, QB, our one ding worked to our advantage. But at some point we'll have some time missed in the OL, and at RB and WR.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh, I totally agree. I was just kind of saying it'd be nice if we had a FEW teams that weren't playing well. Specifically the Lions, Cardinals, or the Bills. Lol lol

Bills were leading  the Vikings 16 to nothing Vikings are my choices for the Super Bowl in the NFC

Archived