THE BROWNS BOARD

So after Thursday night football...

The Cysko Kid

On 9/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, PoeticG said:

Gay. Barkley is one of four players the last 25 years to have 100 rush yards and 100 receiving yards through the first two games. 

We should have taken Barkley #1 and traded to number 2 and taken Baker. Said it from the start. Still the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Grudge Gipper- prime example that you just can't trust the law, just a bunch of vengeful power hungry wannabee bullies... and I mean that with the utmost respect your honor ;) 

Poe this is one thing I have to respectfully disagree with you on..

It would have cost us alot to move two spots to draft Mayfield and Saquon..

I really do like the Denzel Ward pick, I believe he is going to be a great DB in this league, and he has been showing that so far early in the season..

We would of had to trade a few second rounders, possibly a 1st next year to move up..

Chubb is a servicable back, and Hyde has been spectacular as the featured back.

Saquon is a good back, don't get me wrong, but so far I am impressed with Denzel Ward, I wouldn't want to lose his production for Barkley.

7 minutes ago, Zombo said:

After the draft, Some wondered if we could have taken Barkley at #1 and still got Baker at #4, but at the time I said you do NOT risk it if the quarterback is the clear cut #1 on your board, you go get your quarterback, and if you read that Pluto article posted today, that was clearly the case, the Browns had Baker ranked head and shoulders above the other QBs.

Right now in time, it feels like this draft could not have gone better with Baker and Ward (But as Browns fans we are cautious) and we are 5th in the league in rushing yards, so there is that.

Zombo

And Bradley Chubb was still on the board @ #4, so we had our pick of him or Ward. With Ogbah coming back Ward really was the right choice to meet the strongest need if we thought they were of equal value on the overall board. As much as I wanted to see another impact DE on the other end from Garrett, I'm really happy with how well Ward has impacted this defense. And Avery was manna from heaven. Garrett is chomping at the bit to get our defensive players back from injury. We are excellent without them, but we will be super if all are 100% healthy.

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Bradley Chubb was still on the board @ #4, so we had our pick of him or Ward. With Ogbah coming back Ward really was the right choice to meet the strongest need if we thought they were of equal value on the overall board. As much as I wanted to see another impact DE on the other end from Garrett, I'm really happy with how well Ward has impacted this defense. And Avery was manna from heaven. Garrett is chomping at the bit to get our defensive players back from injury. We are excellent without them, but we will be super if all are 100% healthy.

You been watching all the Bronco games? How does Chubb look?

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

You been watching all the Bronco games? How does Chubb look?

Zombo

I only watched yesterday's all the way through since I am in Colorado now and did not have access to Sunday Ticket. He shares time with Shane Ray at the position and both play fairly well. But they don't have the defensive backfield they had during the Superbowl year, so last night they only got to the QB a few times. The defense plays well enough but the offense lost their best RB for throwing a punch in a pile early in the game and it really threw cold water on the offense. But Chubb got a sack on the 2nd play of the game leading to a blocked punt and subsequent TD to start the game. Miller looked really off his normal game yesterday.

Otherwise the defense has kept Denver in the game long enough the first two games to win in second half comebacks by the O. I've only seen the game highlights of those two games so can't really give a decent evaluation of Chubb for those.

EDIT: Next week I will be at the Broncos/KC Monday night game and will keep a look on Chubb when he's in. But since that is the only one on TV Monday, you should get an even better view with all the replay. 😁

And I stupidly forgot to throw both my 10X binocs and my Browns Blanket in the car when we left. Sheet!

On 9/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, PoeticG said:

Gay. Barkley is one of four players the last 25 years to have 100 rush yards and 100 receiving yards through the first two games. 

We should have taken Barkley #1 and traded to number 2 and taken Baker. Said it from the start. Still the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Grudge Gipper- prime example that you just can't trust the law, just a bunch of vengeful power hungry wannabee bullies... and I mean that with the utmost respect your honor ;) 

I’m more then okay with Baker and Denzel, Denzel is a playmaker!

........were you drunk as a Shmucking skunk. And did you wake up Friday morning still kinda drunk and didn't get your hangover until around 10:30am or so? And then spent the rest of the afternoon blowing off your work and instead re-watched highlights of the game?

Oh wait, I thought we were just completing your sentence :):):):)

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I watched the Texans/Giants game Sunday. Saquon looked damn good, but he simply wasn't the answer to our biggest question.

And that's about the best way to put it.

It's funny, I'm trying very hard to "simulate" this week's game against the Raiders, and I'm having a very difficult time coming up with how the game will play out.  It's one of those games where I could potentially see ANYTHING happening, especially after this crazy weekend of NFL football.  I mean, the Vikings getting stomped by the Bills?!  YO!  You want to know how I see the game going down?  I see BOTH teams moving the ball relatively well, but there will be a team that settles for FG's, and there will be a team that executes better in the red zone.  The team that scores the TD's will be the obvious winner.  And it needs to be us because I don't trust our kicker, regardless of what his stat line shows.  LOL.  It should also be noted that the red zone is traditionally where every rookie QB struggles the most.  Heck, we saw Baker Mayfield with some struggles on Thursday.  I will say I love the play-calling (with Baker in), especially the "shovel-pass" near the goal line.  That seems to ALWAYS work, ya know?  I hope we REALLY work on red zone stuff in practice because I really do seeing that being the difference.  You look at Derek Carr's numbers, and for the most part, he's moving the ball pretty darn well.  

Not trying to hijack the thread, just random thoughts as always.  

Nothing wrong with random... I'm thinking of starting Baker over Brady in the IDP league... and am inclined to pull the trigger.

One thing I know for sure... Landry's FF value just jumped a couple notches. A precise route runner with great cuts and a timing QB... match made in FF heaven.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, LondonBrown said:

Deshaun Watson seems to be struggling ?

Some...

Could be a bit of the old Sophomore Slump. Would not be the first...

Could just be him coming back down to earth.

Archived