THE BROWNS BOARD

So after Thursday night football...

The Cysko Kid

Gay. Barkley is one of four players the last 25 years to have 100 rush yards and 100 receiving yards through the first two games. 

We should have taken Barkley #1 and traded to number 2 and taken Baker. Said it from the start. Still the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Grudge Gipper- prime example that you just can't trust the law, just a bunch of vengeful power hungry wannabee bullies... and I mean that with the utmost respect your honor ;) 

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Gay. Barkley is one of four players the last 25 years to have 100 rush yards and 100 receiving yards through the first two games. 

We should have taken Barkley #1 and traded to number 2 and taken Baker. Said it from the start. Still the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Grudge Gipper- prime example that you just can't trust the law, just a bunch of vengeful power hungry wannabee bullies... and I mean that with the utmost respect your honor ;) 

You're fuc k i n g high.

Never wanted Barkley to begin with. Giants could very well go another two win season with their first round RB and Shurmur at the helm. 

To be forthright, I wasn’t hot on Baker either even though I understand why they picked him. Two quarters and he’s already changed my opinion of him. Dude looked like no QB I’ve seen in Cleveland since I was a child... And those memories are unreliable at best.

im fine with carlos and duke, justvwant them to get a vickers type of human bowling ball that can consistently spring carlos to thev2nd level. Id rather have carlos, duke and chubb than tie everything up in one runner. RB's get hurt so easily and when u put a workload on a guy like the giants are gonna do wuth saquon, it wirks fir like a year or two. Im already noticing a tad dropoff in elliot. 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Zeke's fine... his OL? Not so much...

Once they realize he is a great weapon inside the 5, he will start scoring and/or opening up the short passes with PA. 

I have him on my fantasy roster. Hasn't paid off biggly yet, but he may.

19 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Who still thinks we should have taken Saquon "once in a generation" Barkley #1 overall?

that would have been stupid - like old Browns orgs. and I just shake my head when a PoG says to NOT draft that qb, because we could just draft him later. (after another team nabs him before the 4th pick). Just.....ridiculous.

Hyde and Chubb and Duke are just terrific with me.

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Zeke's fine... his OL? Not so much...

as good as they were his first year, zeke still made alot of his own plays. Maybe its still early and he hasnt found his burst....but i noticed in the giants game some seams he didnt get through that he oblitersted through his rookie year. He's still great, better than what we have but not sure by how much anymore.

To illustrate my point, im not worried at all about our running game if carlos gets dinged. If zeke gets hurt, what do they have? I used to be a huge proponent of the star RB cause i grew up in the prime of barry sanders.....the very first football play i ever watched was a long run by walter the great. But now i prefer a commitee. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

But now i prefer a commitee. 

Certainly does not hurt to have a lead-dog chairing the committee, e.g., ATL's Freeman/Coleman duo, but to invest so heavily in one back is yesterday's philosophy.

13 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Mack/Byner, Pruitt/Pruitt, is it a philosophy or using what you have?

Do you have what you have due to your philosophy? 😎

50 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

A good coach works with a players abilities. You don't force a system. The players you have mandate the philosophy.

Agree, but is that germane here?

Teams can have a philosophy about how much draft capital they are willing to invest in the RB position.

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Teams can have a philosophy about how much draft capital they are willing to invest in the RB position.

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That's where your GM as a talent evaluator comes in.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, PoeticG said:

Too bad almost no one agrees with you. The price of moving up to #2 was too high. Also would have meant passing on Denzel Ward, who's looking like the DROY. We'd probably be 0-3 without him now. You're also forgetting the power pyramid. Franchise QB trumps anything else, and shut down corner ranks above running back. 

Your dreamboat man crush Saquon has produced ZERO wins for the Giants to date, and the rumblings they should have drafted Darnold instead have already started. So there.

I think Saquon will be an amazing player. I really do. I think the Giants felt like they could get a bit more out of Eli, but then make their qb move in the 2019 draft. It's early, but they appear wrong. The Giants can't protect Eli, and they have no offense. 

However, if they do manage to get their qb next year, Saquon will make his job easier. He's going to be good. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think Saquon will be an amazing player. I really do. I think the Giants felt like they could get a bit more out of Eli, but then make their qb move in the 2019 draft. It's early, but they appear wrong. The Giants can't protect Eli, and they have no offense. 

However, if they do manage to get their qb next year, Saquon will make his job easier. He's going to be good. 

I think no one is saying Barkley isn't going to be good, or even great. That would have been a luxury pick for the Browns at the top of the draft- and we had far too many holes on the team to be drafting a running back that high. 

LOL, if Saquon had still been on the board where we drafted Chubb- I would have been all for it. :)  

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I think no one is saying Barkley isn't going to be good, or even great. That would have been a luxury pick for the Browns at the top of the draft- and we had far too many holes on the team to be drafting a running back that high. 

LOL, if Saquon had still been on the board where we drafted Chubb- I would have been all for it. :)  

LOL! For sure! 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

After the draft, Some wondered if we could have taken Barkley at #1 and still got Baker at #4, but at the time I said you do NOT risk it if the quarterback is the clear cut #1 on your board, you go get your quarterback, and if you read that Pluto article posted today, that was clearly the case, the Browns had Baker ranked head and shoulders above the other QBs.

Right now in time, it feels like this draft could not have gone better with Baker and Ward (But as Browns fans we are cautious) and we are 5th in the league in rushing yards, so there is that.

Zombo

Archived