THE BROWNS BOARD

Dez post #22

jcam222

There's some decent WRs on the last year of their deal. Maybe we can land one of these guys with a late round pick.

Golden Tate- the lions dont have a chance to win that division and Galladay is the long term solution.

Kelvin Benjamin- The Bill's just need to start thinking about next year. Benjamin seems like a diva and I think he ballooned up to like 280 this offseason. He still offers a 6'5 big frame in the red zone.

Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, I didn't think they would ever stop him from getting first downs on that same damn WR screen pass. I like him too. 

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

With the departure of Gordon and arrival of Baker I say now it’s time. He’s he missing piece as the red zone target. Discuss...... 

No it's not. 1) The Browns aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, and at this point the playoffs are a pipe dream. 2) He'd just take reps away from the young guys. 3) you really want to pay a guy who's likely going to be our #4 WR Dez's asking price of of at least $7 million? 4) Probably out of game shape 5) If he really wanted to play, he'd already have taken a one year prove it deal. 

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Ok so shifting focus, who is that guy we can grab because he’s not on the roster now 

Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

No it's not. 1) The Browns aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, and at this point the playoffs are a pipe dream. 2) He'd just take reps away from the young guys. 3) you really want to pay a guy who's likely going to be our #4 WR Dez's asking price of of at least $7 million? 4) Probably out of game shape 5) If he really wanted to play, he'd already have taken a one year prove it deal. 

Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

I’m an optimist, I am not so sure playoffs are a pipe dream. Let’s revisit that conversation in 3 weeks. That aside I still believe we need to add a tall strong red zone target. 

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Dez worries more about his ego than he does his team. That was obvious in Texas. I'd rather not see his brand of pollution in the Browns locker room.

Agree... his sideline "antics" about not getting the ball are still burned into my mind.

While that's somewhat understandable for a #1 WR, it would have no place for a #2... or lower. And I have doubts he'd understand/accept that.

And then there are... as someone once said... the "diminished skills" questions we've debated earlier.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

59 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

I still have hopes for the joker. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out with Baker throwing the more accurate passes.

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Of course, if on every drive they can get the ball down to the 1 or 2 yard line, then they can slam it into the endzone with  Hyde or Chubb, and that would be OK as well.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I still have hopes for the joker. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out with Baker throwing the more accurate passes.

Agree... he's still inconsistent, but has shown the hands are there at times. Certainly made a nice grab on Baker's 2nd throw. Wasn't exactly high-pointed, but going to the ground is harder than going up for the big guys.

All that said, jcam's skepticism is understandable... even if his Greg Little comparison is more than a little over-the-top.

Archived