THE BROWNS BOARD

Am I the only one who...

Tour2ma

1) ... had the impression that TT "laid down"?

His helmet hit to the ground did not seem that concussive. May have built on the earlier (uncalled) forearm he took as he was in mid-slide, but it just did not seem that severe.

I wondered at the time if he heard the proverbial "footsteps". For damn sure he heard the crowd.

2) ... remembers that we were very fortunate to recover two of our own fumbles: Higgins recovery of Duke's sideline one and Bito of Baker's strip sacking late in the 1st-half?

Either could have changed the game outcome into just another loss. Both going the Jets' way would have changed the outcome.

So let's not get too Socky...

... but it was fun seeing Bito rumble even if it was placed at the spot of the recovery. His energy was an early example of how Baker ignited this team.

More later...

The football gods were on our side last night..
We got some lucky bounces, and we actually FINISHED!

The defense of the past, on that 4th down conversion by the Jets, would have laid down, and given up a 60 yard screen pass to the house..

But everyone stepped up that second half, and the way they attacked the football was outstanding..

A true Far-cry from the previous 2,3 seasons..

Just now, Tour2ma said:

His helmet hit to the ground did not seem that concussive. May have built on the earlier (uncalled) forearm he took as he was in mid-slide, but it just did not seem that severe.

I wondered at the time if he heard the proverbial "footsteps". For damn sure he heard the crowd.

2) ... remembers that we were very fortunate to recover two of our own fumbles: Higgins recovery of Duke's sideline one and Bito of Baker's strip sacking late in the 1st-half?

Either could have changed the game outcome into just another loss. Both going the Jets' way would have changed the outcome.

... but it was fun seeing Bito rumble even if it was placed at the spot of the recovery. His energy was an early example of how Baker ignited this team.

More later...

1. Taylor was struggling physically before the play that knocked him out. Back injury maybe, he had no zip and seemed to be nursing a few things. You can't fake a concussion though, he either was concussed on that play or earlier in the game.

2. Yes, and didn't it just "feel" like those balls would bounce our way once Baker got in there? Instead of waiting for the inevitable shoe to drop, I felt like nothing was going to stop us ... been awhile since I felt that way.

I think it is Baker's attack personality. Which feeds both Haley's and Williams' units. Football is going to be fun again. Wow, remember that?

Zombo

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

1. Taylor was struggling physically before the play that knocked him out. Back injury maybe, he had no zip and seemed to be nursing a few things. You can't fake a concussion though, he either was concussed on that play or earlier in the game.

2. Yes, and didn't it just "feel" like those balls would bounce our way once Baker got in there? Instead of waiting for the inevitable shoe to drop, I felt like nothing was going to stop us ... been awhile since I felt that way.

I think it is Baker's attack personality. Which feeds both Haley's and Williams' units. Football is going to be fun again. Wow, remember that?

Zombo

The crowd was flat at 14-0 down.   It had all the makings of a 27-3 loss the way it was going at that point.   But it was like a switch flipped as soon as he came in and completed a couple of passes.  Taylor looked pretty dismal last night.   Not sure what was up with that but was inaccurate as all hell.

Just now, Mark O said:

The crowd was flat at 14-0 down.   It had all the makings of a 27-3 loss the way it was going at that point.   But it was like a switch flipped as soon as he came in and completed a couple of passes.  Taylor looked pretty dismal last night.   Not sure what was up with that but was inaccurate as all hell.

He looked lost out there at times. Not sure if the pressure just got to him.

Baker, on the other hand, with NO first team reps, to come in and lead the offense, on a short week, down by 14, to a comeback victory..

You couldn't ask for a better performance..

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

More later...

All part of the script that was planned out.  What you watched was pure fiction...actors in a movie.  The twilight zone.

We are in the matrix.

And I agree...the helmet should have protected him from that hit on the ground...not like it was the frozen tundra.

Its all fake

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I admit that crossed my mind too, but only for a millisecond..... just not something I'm willing to believe about Tyrod - as like with Hue, I really think he's a good dude in general life and don't want to believe he would quit. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I admit that crossed my mind too, but only for a millisecond..... just not something I'm willing to believe about Tyrod - as with like with Hue, I really think he's a good dude in general life and don't want to believe he would quit. 

I hear ya, but could he have seized an opportunity to tactically retreat?

Think back to the sideline shots of TT throughout the 1st-half. He did not look all that engaged to my eye. He looked miserable.

I just can't help but wonder...

so the jets were in on the plot line and agreed to roll over fir bakers belly rubs? ok

anyway, i sat behind the browns bench and was the first guy pointing at guys starting fist bump baker. The murmur that started in the stands was just amazing....we were all lookin at each other "thats gotta mean he's comin right?"......and when he did, oh lord that place was pure fukking electricity. Every amazinh fukking throw, that houdini escape that made everyone jaw drop and would have been a completion if the wr worked his way back....like ur supposed to when ur qb is running for his life...it was all unreal. I havent witnessed anything like it, closest was the "run william run" game

45 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

More later...

Perhaps a Crisis of Confidence?

His throws lacked zip and the last two throws, with open receivers,  were inaccurate and looked like he was throwing a balloon. He just didn't look like he had any confidence to make the throws.

3 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Perhaps a Crisis of Confidence? His throws lacked zip and the last two throws, with open receivers,  were inaccurate and looked like he was throwing a balloon. He just didn't look like he had any confidence to make the throws.

Could well be...

In three games I call recall one series vs NOLA where he looked like a QB in command and confident. He was anything but last nite.

20 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I admit that crossed my mind too, but only for a millisecond..... just not something I'm willing to believe about Tyrod - as like with Hue, I really think he's a good dude in general life and don't want to believe he would quit. 

Have you ever milked an "illness" to avoid going into work?

I know I have... and I did not quit... I retired... ;)

baker wont get killed because defenses know he can make those throws tyrod cant. They blitzed tyrod and dared him to make those ore snap reads. Ill fully admit i didnt think baker was "this" ready. And i also didnt realuze just how much of the O's woes was on tyrod. 

so now that teams are gonna start seeing tape on baker, its up to haley to keep our offense infront of those weekly adjustments

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

baker wont get killed because defenses know he can make those throws tyrod cant. They blitzed tyrod and dared him to make those ore snap reads. Ill fully admit i didnt think baker was "this" ready. And i also didnt realuze just how much of the O's woes was on tyrod. 

so now that teams are gonna start seeing tape on baker, its up to haley to keep our offense infront of those weekly adjustments

Not sure how you adjust to decisiveness. You can disguise and bait... just as Jets did on Baker's near pick in the endzone, but that was the only throw he made into the unknown.

As for getting hurt... Baker's not fast, but he's nifty and aware. We saw that last nite. And while not tall, he's pretty stout. I think it was Week 1 when I commented on his leg muscle development as he ran out of the tunnel.

And when he runs he gets what he can and then gets out of harms way... or at least he has so far. Certainly more than TT did in Weeks 1 and 2...

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not sure how you adjust to decisiveness. You can disguise and bait... just as Jets did on Baker's near pick in the endzone, but that was the only throw he made into the unknown.

It can be done, much like Williams did to Brees last week. But I would much rather take my chances with a guy who reads defenses and knows where they're going Vs. a guy who's sitting on a receiver to "get open". Baker reads the defense and knows where they are going...receivers run routes but go to the open area in the defense...TT waits for the receivers get open in those spots...Baker knows when/where the receiver is going to go and has it there. That's how it's supposed to be done.

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

The football gods were on our side last night..
We got some lucky bounces, and we actually FINISHED!

The defense of the past, on that 4th down conversion by the Jets, would have laid down, and given up a 60 yard screen pass to the house..

But everyone stepped up that second half, and the way they attacked the football was outstanding..

A true Far-cry from the previous 2,3 seasons..

Yes, usually the lucky bounces go against the Browns.

Honestly its pretty sad to see some question something when they dont understand how it could occur.

The impact of a hit is not how you get a concussion. In fact, A LOT of these big hits you see do not conclude in one.

Dont like a player, sure everyone has those. But dont try to impugn his character and call him a quitter because it didnt "look" bad and you dont know how they occur

I don’t know about Tyrod “laying down”, but his play thus far has not been the kind of play you would think you’d see from a franchise QB who knows he’s a franchise QB and therefore is aware that he needs to be available for at least 16 games. I’m not sure wreckless is the right word, but maybe excessively balls out. 

I do like Tyrod. He had a shot at making this his team but it was long odds with getting chemistry down with new players and the playbook and execution and what not. Still, definitely give him credit for getting things started off on a good note with organizing pre-OTA workouts and doing and saying the right things. 

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

well if that's the case one might have to assume that the NFL and Big Time wrestling were one and the same. I heard someone else mention they thought the coaching staff told him to play dead. It certainly would suck if it was all pre-determined.

any winning effort in football requires a little bit of luck. Just as in a losing effort like the last two weeks.

that's true.

More later...

WSS

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Have you ever milked an "illness" to avoid going into work?

I know I have... and I did not quit... I retired... ;)

lol!! I do agree with TT's "look", both coming into the stadium and during the game....... He's gonna make a heck of a backup for the league's next superstar. 

Archived