THE BROWNS BOARD

John Dorsey

LondonBrown

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2018 at 10:58 PM, LondonBrown said:

Also how can a 1-31 team spend pick 35 on a RB you’ve no intention of playing. Bad bad decision and you can add Corbett at 33 as well 

It's called depth, and looking to the future LB. Just had a talk with Flugels and the reason Chubb isn't playing more is because his blocking skills (blitz pickup) are a work in progress. If you missed it, the reason the punt got blocked was because Chubb essentially missed his block on that play. 

On 9/21/2018 at 12:20 AM, Comeonman said:

I know it’s way early, but it looks like #s 1 and 4 could go down in CLE history..... 

And Ward's a Cleveland guy on top of that.  :)  

7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I like some things Sashi did. I understood why he was doing it. 

That has nothing to do with our picks at 33 and 35 not seeing the field for god sake. 

LB, no one hits 100% on every pick in the draft. At least it looks like those picks probably aren't total stiffs, or would you rather have us draft guys like Cam Erving instead? 

This isn't to bang on Sashi- but I will point it out- that one draft the Browns kept everyone of their draft picks on the roster when it was painfully obvious he let more talented player walk. His tank job of accumulating picks to get the #1 overall worked to perfection. That the Texans got Watson hurt and gifted us Denzel Ward was icing on the cake. 

42 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Dorsey's first round picks since 2013

• ERIC FISHER
  • DEE FORD
  • MARCUS PETERS
  • PAT MAHOMES
  • BAKER MAYFIELD
  • DENZEL WARD

Well... he's getting better with practice.

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

You're not arguing now?  😄 Okay, you're just imitating a nervous Yorkshire Terrier trying to find an ankle to bite.  Got it...

You wouldn't need to mind read if you just read what's in front of you.  It's not that complicated.  My first reply in this thread was to the very first post like the cut and paste clearly illustrates.   This is just another example of see subject heading - read original post - reply.  Very nice try with pretending Dutch posted first though...  And if anyone needs your lessons that Dorsey and Sashi weren't doing the same things - the guy you might want to set straight is LB not those (plural) replying to his ill-timed pout.

Regulars in here know guys like Taco and LB are always whining about Dorsey's decisions. And in LB's case - has he really kept his frustration about Sashi getting fired a secret?  This was the first time I ever responded to him about it; because his timing to unload asss hurt took place in our first win since Christmas Eve of 2016.  If you noticed, 2 of the decisions (Landry and Hyde) he fussed about made significant contributions to the win.  The other guy he went after made the team while Brock Ostrich got paid 16 million $ for his inability to make the team.  If we compare the QB room this year to the one last year - which one wins?  We were 0-16 last year so like I replied to the OP - GREAT TIMING!

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

FACTS?  Allow me.

First, I replied to LB's original post (not you).  Then you replied to me with disapproval and accused me of wanting to argue with you.   That's where your little FACT train went flying way off the tracks so you might want to follow your own advice before giving it. Moral of the story, if you just minded your own business we wouldn't be having this discussion.  If I wanted to argue with you I would have initiated the process. FACT!  You're the only one with a strange need to pretend LB hasn't spent all year crying about Sashi getting fired.  When he's attacking John Dorsey for his sour grapes in a win - you're going to see the inventory of responses page 1 showed us that thought the timing of it all was very strange convenient for you and him or not.  FACT! 

I posted something on page 2 before I read your first reply to me. It's the very next post in sequence.  I said I understood why Sashi had fans and I even said I felt LB was a passionate fan. Maybe if you read it and in the context it was presented in - you might not be looking like Bart Simpson complaining about Eddie Haskell's behavior.

You were the "2nd man in".

Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

I called you on it.

Now type a full page reply telling me how I am wrong, Beaver...

Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You were the "2nd man in".

Dutch threw a jab and we had fun with it for over a full page before your first post... and you completely missed the humor.

You piled onto a poster I consider a friend with what was tantamount to a sucker punch.

I called you on it.

You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Here's Pluto  https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_talkin_baker.html#incart_river_index  over a year back, Grossi reported we can thank Haslam for reaching out to Ron Wolfe in hiring of Dorsey.Bill Parcells gave Haslam the same. GB Ted Thompson may have made a mistake not promoting Eliot Wolf to GB GM? Eliot Wolf as a GM? Could have made the Alonzo Highsmith hire never happen? Sashi draft in Philly, put some bricks down to start a foundation.(but, i hated the strip down)imo Sash never had the contacts to put a talent evaluation group together like Dors.Ryan Grigson was one of the 5 fired. All 5 were involved in player personal in college & pro scouting. It's to soon to make Dorsey king of C-town. But his mix of finding pro's to mix in with his rookies? It's just exciting to be a Browns fan again!!(55 of them) Buckle your seatbelts, Buddy boyz..  

Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

Now we have a true organization, Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

Zombo

19 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Was hoping the Raiders would win yesterday to take the edge off, but let's go out there and make Gruden 0-4.

Zombo

And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Good article, Gums. Nice shout out to Sashi too on Ogonjobi.

It just feels like I am following a real NFL football team for the first team since the 2007 Season.

Even in 2014 when we got off to the hot start, it felt like the wheels would come off and they did ... lots of drama on that team.

Now we have a true organization. Buddy Boy, and actual young studs not just "feel good stories".

Zombo

I agree Zombo.

They have been competitive in every game so far. They have alot of fight, and it seems like they are buying into the coaches.

Can't wait to see how they look, well rested, against the Raiders.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

You need to give the voice box in your anus a rest Drama Queen.  The effort to make a mountain out of an ant hill ain't working in spite of your persistent effort to blow everything way out of context in your public tattle. 

Who the Hell are you to tell me who I can reply to and when I can do so and how I need to do because you were already in the thread the day before?  I enter every thread via the subject heading and start with the first post and reply if warranted. This was no different. It was another episode of LB's sour grapes turning into whine aimed at Dorsey.  Every regular in here knows that but it's way too for your agenda to make me the bad guy.  This biggest reason LB never didn't reply to me is he knows this was the first time I ever responded to any of his countless rants about Dorsey.  After a night we won the game when I saw he was calling Hyde and Landry bad decisions - you better believe I'm going to bust his balls.  You're the only man still crying about that.  I'm not accepting your guilt trip so carry on...

SOP

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I'd just as soon they be the "new" Browns and take our place as the lovable losers. Rather they have no confidence at all going into this game.

Yes, maybe the Raiders can have 20 years of misery and become the new  less than lovable losers....after all, apparently when they move to Vegas they are going to be bringing a few  "ex Browns fans".....Ghoolie and others, with them.

Would serve them right.  Go jump on the Raiders tits when they go into an extreme losing period.  (Giving away their best player?)

And then when the Browns can be pre-eminent  again, we can tell them:   no room on this train for FRAKs.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Jon's off to a great start, trading his best defensive player. Reports of internal turmoil are heartwarming.

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, maybe the Raiders can have 20 years of misery and become the new  less than lovable losers....after all, apparently when they move to Vegas they are going to be bringing a few  "ex Browns fans".....Ghoolie and others, with them.

Would serve them right.  Go jump on the Raiders tits when they go into an extreme losing period.  (Giving away their best player?)

And then when the Browns can be pre-eminent  again, we can tell them:   no room on this train for FRAKs.

The rovin' Raiders. No loyalty to their fans- except those gang guys with "brand loyalty" or city. The Davises follow the money like a rabbit chasing a carrot. A perfect team for Trollie to follow. If he fraks out and starts glomming on the Browns when they're winning, it's even more disgusting.

Archived