THE BROWNS BOARD

Please FIRE HUE!

Browns149

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I look at rule changes like the time paradox in physics. If you were able to go back in time and you changed something, when you returned to the Future, things would be totally different because of what you altered.

We all know that the NFL we grew up with is not what we have today. We, traditionalists, are pizzed off and we see consider the rule changes a deterioration of the game we love. We keep telling ourselves that the league will soon experience dwindling interest and the realize they have to go back to the way it was when we all liked it. But I don't see that happening. I believe we are far more worked up about this stuff than the NFL power are. 

I believe they see the league, the rules, the standards as a flowing body of tools that they will change, alter, manipulate and vary as they see fit to meet the needs of the moment.

Here's the deal on the new put a dress on the QB rule. Everyone thinks it sucks (except the Quarterbacks, of course). The Fans, Defensive players, Owners (most notably Jerrah Jones), and even the Competition Committee who wrote the stinking rule. Seems the Refs are misinterpreting the intent. Supposedly there's going to be a group call soon to straighten out this mess. 

We know it's impossible for a guy running full tilt at a QB can't magically pull up at the last fraction of a second to mitigate a hit. And if they do, big guys like Roethlisberger and Newton will just bounce off and make a big play. I saw some incredible BS calls, one the defender just shoves the qb, doesn't even knock him down, and they threw a flag. Un-freaking- believable. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Here's the deal on the new put a dress on the QB rule. Everyone thinks it sucks (except the Quarterbacks, of course). The Fans, Defensive players, Owners (most notably Jerrah Jones), and even the Competition Committee who wrote the stinking rule. Seems the Refs are misinterpreting the intent. Supposedly there's going to be a group call soon to straighten out this mess. 

We know it's impossible for a guy running full tilt at a QB can't magically pull up at the last fraction of a second to mitigate a hit. And if they do, big guys like Roethlisberger and Newton will just bounce off and make a big play. I saw some incredible BS calls, one the defender just shoves the qb, doesn't even knock him down, and they threw a flag. Un-freaking- believable. 

From what I can make of the whole deal on QBs. The rule makers never played the game so they have no real world concept about things like gravity and laws of motion. Doesn't seem overly smart but I guess big money does that. 

Its almost like the league only cares about guys who sell tickets.

Who buys a ticket to watch an O lineman play, besides his mom and a few people from his hometown.

Its all about the money makers.

58 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The rule makers never played the game so they have no real world concept about things like gravity and laws of motion.  

Even "Under review" the ink writers can't get right..I was listening to Dean Blandino on NFL radio try to explain why the N.Chubb punt was not reversed..In his words "the balls rotation never changed" 🤫..adding more rules to a game they could not get right the first time was never a good idea..Any ref that could retire did..Don't blame them..🆘  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Even "Under review" the ink writers can't get right..I was listening to Dean Blandino on NFL radio try to explain why the N.Chubb punt was not reversed..In his words "the balls rotation never changed" 🤫..adding more rules to a game they could not get right the first time was never a good idea..Any ref that could retire did..Don't blame them..🆘  

Yep, if you can't explain something do that a 6 year old can understand it, you don't know what you are talking about about. 

They can't explain the damned rule yet expect it to be enforced???? 

Should be defined as pile driving without even attempting to put an appendage out to stop some of the impact and of course full body slam by picking up and throwing forcefully down into the turf like Suh always did. The second one should be automatic ejection from the game. The first should be ejection for a second offense in the same game by the same player.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I hear what you are saying, but again, I believe the genie is out of the bottle and it will never return to what it was. Here is where I take exception to your thinking. You believe that fan dissatisfaction drives the owners and Godell. I believe that fan anger is secondary to the owner's goals. I believe fan anger is generally appeased with smoke and mirrors, or occasionally throwing us a bone, usually a Trojan horse.

Lookie here. Owners have decided that they want their biggest team investment, the QB protected. They want increased longevity and the rough-and-tumble spirit of leather helmet bash football is way, way down on the list of priorities. Add to that, the NFL is waging a covert war on parents who are shying away from letting their kids play football because of the brutality and injuries. The owners all have a vested interest in what football will look like when you and I are dead.

THAT is what the owners are forging as we speak. We have had this conversation before my friend, and you still remain a purist. Larry, our era of football is gone, dead, cast aside. What you are witnessing now is the planting of seeds for Superbowl 100, for the NFL 2050. The fan uproar will be thrown a bone, but next year, something new will be added to protect the QB. in this case the euphemism is reversed. It is one step backward, then two forward. It is a new day, my friend.

40 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He will start Black Tarkenton next week.

Man, if he does, I won't see a single snap. 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

2-32-1.  Only the Browns could keep this guy

Some people just know how to win and you can't put your finger on why..... and then there's Hue. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Some people just know how to win and you can't put your finger on why..... and then there's Hue. 

Proven loser

11 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I don't think he has any heat on him. Why else punt with 4th and inches with the clock at 1:45? No faith in Hyde? The line? Chubb? Sneak? WTF..... Hues a idiot

On our own 18 yard line???? He made the exact right call in punting. There is no chance we should go for that up 8. If he had went for it and not got it you would be calling for his head. 

Just now, jcam222 said:

On our own 18 yard line???? He made the exact right call in punting. There is no chance we should go for that up 8. If he had went for it and not got it you would be calling for his head. 

Make or break, you're still up by 8. Play to win. Or play to????  Make it...game over.

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Ive been calling for his head for two years now. Never liked his game day decisions. But he is a pretty darned good loser

Archived