THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Well, the new crew is 6-2, missing only one Bungles/Ratbird game ... Too early in the year to care about those guys anyway, the important thing is that the TGZ crew is undefeated picking the Browns and Steelers.

Now comes the tricky part: For the Browns to beat the spread tonight ... they actually have to win a football game.

Is it finally time? Read below to find out. In the meantime, enjoy Zoey in her "Color Rush" outfit for tonight ... She went with white.

miya-zarring-v-instagram-aprel-may-2017_

New York Jets at Cleveland, 8:20 PM, Thursday Night Football

The Browns have played their asses off for 150 minutes against two of the most talented teams in the NFL and they find themselves down 3 points with a kicker that left 11 points on the board. So the kicker is gone, and the competition is not as fierce, and the crowd will be boisterous tonight and ... all of the frustration from all of the losing comes to an end in one glorious victory. Four more turnovers for the Browns defense and three TD passes for Tyrod Taylor. BROWNS 40 JETS 14

GettyImages-55920612.jpg

Denver at Baltimore, Sunday, 1:00 PM

Broncos have been "Winning Ugly" while the Ravens were just plain ugly in their last outing. But I think they have enough firepower to win this one at home. RAVENS 20 BRONCOS 19

Cincinnati at Carolina, Sunday, 1:00 PM

Bungles seem excited about their 2-0 start, but they are not in the same territory as one of the better teams in the NFC. Carolina defense will bottle the Bungles. PANTHERS 23 BUNGLES 10

Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay 8:15 PM, Monday Night Football

At what point do the whiny Steelers just shut up and play up to their talent? It is Soap Opera Story versus Feel Good Story as the surprising Bucs try to keep FitzMagic going. And against the Steelers pass defense? Why Not. BUCCANEERS 33 STEELERS 27

Screen-Shot-2018-09-18-at-1.50.12-PM.png

qXhwlC4lPzWdFz0fKiNzPeQlDT5eNL4K5iMiZjVa

image.png.73ac2b87882a9734602c316a58631333.png

New York (NYJ) @ Cleveland (-3.0) Thu 09/20 07:20 PM

Beautiful nite for a defensive struggle...

Greg Williams' developing D vs a rookie QB... NYJ's established D vs. our developing(?) O...

Not seeing a lot of points scored here.

Our D scores a TD. Their's posts a safety. Both interrupt a FG-fest.

Prediction: CLE 16 NYJ 9

I had to call in another temp this week to take my dicktation of my picks.   Last week it was Emma,   this week  it is Erma, from the Hustler Temp agency.

So, to Erma I says, go down on this,,,,,,,errr I mean, take this down:

Too late to pick Browns, so lets just go with the other games that will be played on Sunday:

Black Cats (Panthers)  over striped Cats (Bengals)  32-19

Wild Horses (Broncos)  over Flying Scavengers (Ravens) in defensive struggle   17-10

Pirates (Buccaneers)  over Ironheads (Steelers)  in another shootout,   42-35

Thanks Erma:

13f9354592c435b06196e4f140cd150d.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, Tour2ma said:

Good start to the week

New York (NYJ) @ Cleveland (-3.0) Thu 09/20 07:20 PM

Prediction: CLE 16 NYJ 9

Final: CLE 24 NYJ 20 - W/W... Yea Baby!

image.png.ffbcc52934d89b527241ab56b9068632.png

Enough celebrating... time to get back to work. There are still three games to pick.

And they are nicely spread out for a full weekend of AFCN scouting.

Cincinnati @ Carolina (-2.5) --- Sun 09/23 12:00 PM

Here we have Cinci, who is quietly proving to be better... much, much better... than I expected, visiting a team, who in the Cam era I perennially underestimate. In other words this game has all the makings of a loser for me here. But there are no "passes" in TWitAFCN...

Cinci has posted two quality wins: at NOLA and hosting BLT. The latter was one of those games that was not as close as the final score made it seem. Andy is playing great. They have a balanced attack with Dixon (EDIT: Oops... Mixon... and he's inactive today so its on Gio)and Gio. And most importantly their receiving corps is healthy and deep... AJ is brewing up an awesome year. On the other side of the ball the DL and 2ndary are solid+ and the Burfict-less LB corps has exceeded expectations in no small part due to the emergence of Nick Vigil.

CAR on the other hand lost a shootout at ATL and beat a struggling DAL when they visited NC. Put another way they have a quality loss and a dubious win.

Weather is not expected to be a factor... a refreshing break for the people of NC.

I have to go CIN here. They may be "sneaking up" on teams at present, but that can continue for at least another couple weeks. Right now they just look to be the more complete team.

Prediction: CIN 27 CAR 20

Denver @ Baltimore (-5.0) --- Sun 09/23 12:00 PM

OK... my "class of the AFCN" is looking a little shaky after having their hat handed to them in Cinci early. As high as I am on Flacco at present, the BLT Offense isn't built to come from behind. Still with their Week 1 win coming at the expense of BUF, it's hard to know how good they are. In particular my questions are around their rushing attack. This game should tell me a lot.

Denver? Another team I underestimated going into the season. Their D is still good to very good and Keenum is settling into his game manager role much as he did in MN last season. But the big surprise is that they are 2nd in the league in rushing YPG. They are 2-0, but both wins have been close and have come against SEA and OAK... two teams that are hardly elite this season.

Weather is going to be wet, but playable.

The winner? The defenses and the Ravens...

Prediction: BLT 20 DNV 13

Pittsburgh @ Tampa Bay (even) --- Mon 09/24 07:15 PM

Last but also least...

PTG is in a place we've not seen before. Bell's still out. Brown is making waves... or at least amplifying those sent his way. Yet the O is still formidable. It's their bottom 10 Defense that is dragging them down. Of course any D that faced KC early this season is looking bad statistically. It's a perfect time to face the #1 Offense (YPG) in the NFL... :)

TB has "shocked the world". Fitz is playing like it's with house money. Jackson looks young again... and fast. Run game? Not a factor... this is "Air Magic". PTG's pass D? Hard to know as they never stopped the run vs. KC.

Weather is going to be warm and humid as you'd expect in FLA. I expect the visitors to wilt as the game progresses. They are lucky it's not an afternoon game.

This one looks like a scorefest.

Prediction: TB 41 PTG 34

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Enough celebrating... time to get back to work. There are still three games to pick.

And they are nicely spread out for a full weekend of AFCN scouting.

Cincinnati @ Carolina (-2.5) --- Sun 09/23 12:00 PM

Here we have Cinci, who is quietly proving to be better... much, much better... than I expected, visiting a team, who in the Cam era I perennially underestimate. In other words this game has all the makings of a loser for me here. But there are no "passes" in TWitAFCN...

Cinci has posted two quality wins: at NOLA and hosting BLT. The latter was one of those games that was not as close as the final score made it seem. Andy is playing great. They have a balanced attack with Dixon and Gio. And most importantly their receiving corps is healthy and deep... AJ is brewing up an awesome year. On the other side of the ball the DL and 2ndary are solid+ and the Burfict-less LB corps has exceeded expectations in no small part due to the emergence of Nick Vigil.

CAR on the other hand lost a shootout at ATL and beat a struggling DAL when they visited NC. Put another way they have a quality loss and a dubious win.

Weather is not expected to be a factor... a refreshing break for the people of NC.

I have to go CIN here. They may be "sneaking up" on teams at present, but that can continue for at least another couple weeks. Right now they just look to be the more complete team.

Prediction: CIN 27 CAR 20

Denver @ Baltimore (-5.0) --- Sun 09/23 12:00 PM

OK... my "class of the AFCN" is looking a little shaky after having their hat handed to them in Cinci early. As high as I am on Flacco at present, the BLT Offense isn't built to come from behind. Still with their Week 1 win coming at the expense of BUF, it's hard to know how good they are. In particular my questions are around their rushing attack. This game should tell me a lot.

Denver? Another team I underestimated going into the season. Their D is still good to very good and Keenum is settling into his game manager role much as he did in MN last season. But the big surprise is that they are 2nd in the league in rushing YPG. They are 2-0, but both wins have been close and have come against SEA and OAK... two teams that are hardly elite this season.

Weather is going to be wet, but playable.

The winner? The defenses and the Ravens...

Prediction: BLT 20 DNV 13

Pittsburgh @ Tampa Bay (even) --- Mon 09/24 07:15 PM

Last but also least...

PTG is in a place we've not seen before. Bell's still out. Brown is making waves... or at least amplifying those sent his way. Yet the O is still formidable. It's their bottom 10 Defense that is dragging them down. Of course any D that faced KC early this season is looking bad statistically. It's a perfect time to face the #1 Offense (YPG) in the NFL... :)

TB has "shocked the world". Fitz is playing like it's with house money. Jackson looks young again... and fast. Run game? Not a factor... this is "Air Magic". PTG's pass D? Hard to know as they never stopped the run vs. KC.

Weather is going to be warm and humid as you'd expect in FLA. I expect the visitors to wilt as the game progresses. They are lucky it's not an afternoon game.

This one looks like a scorefest.

Prediction: TB 41 PTG 34

We play both of these teams, and both are lookin tough. Pittsburgh less so, but they're still Pittsburgh, ya know? Ryan Fitzpatrick scares me much more than Winston. He's playing with such confidence right now, and we know he's a risk taker. I can envision a scenario where Fitzpatrick has a 3 interception game and the magic fizzles. He really can't keep this up...right? Lol. I know one thing...it's gonna be fun to watch! 

lol at the Steeler coolers...

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

I can envision a scenario where Fitzpatrick has a 3 interception game

Probably today since I'm starting him in FF...

48 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Rookie cornerback Donte Jackson four of the Carolina Panthers is looking real good. Could give ward a run for rookie of the year on the defense. 

He has, but he's not Ward in tackling..I am finally enjoying a day with the wife kimmy the black kitty & her panther crowd at the stadium.What's the Ratbirds doing with Denver?   edit-fk.. dolten just hung a lollyipop that ross quit on that DJ picked again..

I was just checking the league leaders... 

Carlos Hyde leads the NFL in Rushing Yards!

...AND- 

Jarvis Landry leads the NFL in Receiving Yards! 

Amazing! Wait until Baker gets going full time, we are coming for that Lombardi. 

Oh yeah, Myles Garrett is tied for first place in Sacks and Ward is in a first place tie for INTs!

Go Browns!

Terrance Mitchell and Myles Garrett also tied for first place in Forced Fumbles~

Larry Ogunjobi is #1 in yards lost on sacks with 3 sacks for minus 31 Yards! 

Joe Schobert is in 3rd place with 23 combined tackles. 

Mitchell leads the team in 15 solo tackles. 

Damarious Randall is tied for first place in the NFL with 4 passes defensed. 

Joe the Show leads the NFL in Fumble Recoveries. 

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

...AND- 

Amazing! Wait until Baker gets going full time, we are coming for that Lombardi. 

Oh yeah, Myles Garrett is tied for first place in Sacks and Ward is in a first place tie for INTs!

Go Browns!

How's TR doing!

TR was the right call then as it is now. He had a great first and only season for us, even got us a first round pick in return. 

The only mistake was not taking Derek Carr with that pick. Oh, well, we've got our guy now. And BTW- I picked him too. ;)

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

...AND- 

Go Browns!

Love seeing your enthusiasm back Po, but they stats rankings that you are quoting are after we played our third game and before everybody else did.

But still good, here is where they are now:

Hyde seventh in rushing.

Landry seventh in receiving yards, 8th in receptions.

Garrett still tied for first in sacks.

Ward tied for fourth in interceptions

Mitchell tied for second in forced fumbles.

Schobert 17th in tackles and tied for first in fumble recoveries.

Randall tied for 5th in passed defensed.

Our defense is ranked third in points allowed ... against two Hall of Fame QB high-powered offenses and a Jets team that put up 48 on the Lions.

Zombo

Archived