THE BROWNS BOARD

What Happened to Myles Garrett Against the Saints?

onkyoreceiver

He had one tackle right around the line of scrimmage on a running play and that was the only time I saw him do ANYTHING.  When I would key on him at the snap in obvious passing downs, it seemed like he was talking an inside slant rush toward the QB rather than trying to go outside around the left tackle, which seemed to be playing into the Saints hands, but then I only keyed in on him at the snap a few times.  Anyone  have any insight on why he was such a non-factor against the Saints?

8 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

He had one tackle right around the line of scrimmage on a running play and that was the only time I saw him do ANYTHING.  When I would key on him at the snap in obvious passing downs, it seemed like he was talking an inside slant rush toward the QB rather than trying to go outside around the left tackle, which seemed to be playing into the Saints hands, but then I only keyed in on him at the snap a few times.  Anyone  have any insight on why he was such a non-factor against the Saints?

I'll watch the replay of the D on youtube since I did not have access to it live. My prediction was that they would get smart and double/triple team him every play and force the rest our D to step up. I will take a look and see if they did. I assume since we stayed in the game that the rest of the D played better.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'll watch the replay of the D on youtube since I did not have access to it live. My prediction was that they would get smart and double/triple team him every play and force the rest our D to step up. I will take a look and see if they did. I assume since we stayed in the game that the rest of the D played better.

It may be why Ogunjobi had 3 sacks.   If the are going to  double/triple team   5-0, then hopefully the other DL will step up like that with 3 sacks.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It may be why Ogunjobi had 3 sacks.   If the are going to  double/triple team   5-0, then hopefully the other DL will step up like that with 3 sacks.

And I'm PO'd at my brother where I'm staying in Colorado. He does not have NFL Network AND the damn fool is having over relatives for dinner tonight so I can't even go to downtown Estes Park to watch it in a sports bar.

Life is hard.  Please rub your thumb and forefinger together for me in a tiny violin gesture. LOL!🤩

Double teamed the entire game.  Like...every play.  And the Saints appeared to run opposite of him every play.  Garrett would've had a sack if Ogunjobi didn't get it.  Garrett was actually touching Brees as Larry dragged him down.  Don't worry about Myles, he was there.  The Saints literally schemed their entire offense around him.  

5 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Double teamed the entire game.  Like...every play.  

u sure about that? cause i remember looking fir that and saying to myself "wow that LT is not doing too bad all alone"

what i will say is that they did t run that way much. Myles held his edge exceptionally well, the dude has really worked on his edge defense. But his rush seemed flat to me. I wrote about this sunday.....i thought the minutes from the pgh game caught him. He wasnt using his power to setup the edge rush. When a tackle realuzes u dont have ur full arsenal, they'll jump out on the edge knowing thats thebone thing myles will always have. The power just wasnt there on sunday. 

we have no DE rotation. Hopefully odegbo and zettel can take more quality snaps tonight

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

u sure about that? cause i remember looking fir that and saying to myself "wow that LT is not doing too bad all alone"

what i will say is that they did t run that way much. Myles held his edge exceptionally well, the dude has really worked on his edge defense. But his rush seemed flat to me. I wrote about this sunday.....i thought the minutes from the pgh game caught him. He wasnt using his power to setup the edge rush. When a tackle realuzes u dont have ur full arsenal, they'll jump out on the edge knowing thats thebone thing myles will always have. The power just wasnt there on sunday. 

we have no DE rotation. Hopefully odegbo and zettel can take more quality snaps tonight

Ok, so maybe it wasn't EVERY play, but Garrett got double teamed a BUNCH, and when he wasn't, Brees got the ball out QUICKLY, so there really wasn't much Garrett could do.  I'll tell you this though, I don't remember the Saints running over towards Garrett's direction.  The Saints' LT is pretty good I think, but Garrett did a fine job when I was watching.  

That being said, Garrett has a MUCH more favorable match up this week.  Darnold will almost certainly hold the ball longer, and that will increase the chances of a big play.  

22 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ok, so maybe it wasn't EVERY play, but Garrett got double teamed a BUNCH, and when he wasn't, Brees got the ball out QUICKLY, so there really wasn't much Garrett could do.  I'll tell you this though, I don't remember the Saints running over towards Garrett's direction.  The Saints' LT is pretty good I think, but Garrett did a fine job when I was watching.  

That being said, Garrett has a MUCH more favorable match up this week.  Darnold will almost certainly hold the ball longer, and that will increase the chances of a big play.  

we'll see. I wish ogbah wouldn't be hurt cause that means Smith could spell Garrett. Right now smith, who I think might be better than Ogbah, is the LDE. If ogbah was back starting Smith could sub for Garret over on the right and Avery could come in for Ogbah on passing downs. Im worried about this 4 day turn around. I wish we had a bye the following sunday so these guys got a solid 2 weeks off. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

we'll see. I wish ogbah wouldn't be hurt cause that means Smith could spell Garrett. Right now smith, who I think might be better than Ogbah, is the LDE. If ogbah was back starting Smith could sub for Garret over on the right and Avery could come in for Ogbah on passing downs. Im worried about this 4 day turn around. I wish we had a bye the following sunday so these guys got a solid 2 weeks off. 

I think the Jets should be worried about so short a time to prep for our D. The Saints had a full week and  the D still got to them most of the time. And Brees is the best there is.

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think the Jets should be worried about so short a time to prep for our D. The Saints had a full week and  the D still got to them most of the time. And Brees is the best there is.

This will be the Jets 3rd game in 11 days. 

Hopefully they'll be tired. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This will be the Jets 3rd game in 11 days. 

Hopefully they'll be tired. 

That's a bad scheduling, may I say.

MNF, Sunday and TNF? What were they thinking?

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Shmuck YO' JETS, CHARLIE MURPHY! 

In moments like this I remember that there's an ocean and a language between us... What was that?

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I think he met his match.  It's no big deal, it'll happen some games.  But overall, he will dominate most of his counterparts.  

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I'm PO'd at my brother where I'm staying in Colorado. He does not have NFL Network AND the damn fool is having over relatives for dinner tonight so I can't even go to downtown Estes Park to watch it in a sports bar.

Life is hard.  Please rub your thumb and forefinger together for me in a tiny violin gesture. LOL!🤩

Use the nflstreams subreddit for hd feeds on phone

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As Nero might say, there is a generation gap and a half a continent between us. What did you say? 🤩

Search 'NFL Streams reddit' in Google. Click on Browns' thread and try with the streams offered at the top of the page. I recommend using at least one adblocker extension and patience. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Search 'NFL Streams reddit' in Google. Click on Browns' thread and try with the streams offered at the top of the page. I recommend using at least one adblocker extension and patience. 

Any particular Browns  thread Nero

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

It was getting rid of the relatives I needed help with. I tuned in to watch live updates on the cell and just kept it out of sight and silenced.

I understood it after I replied. I guess you used the classic tactic of saying ''yes'', ''aham'' and smiling every 30 seconds while you sneaked on your cell? 

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I think he's coming back for Oakland.  No source, just a hunch. We're going to be VERY healthy for that game, riding the high of a lifetime.  Oakland better get it together this week, because we're probably thinking about boat-racing them. 

Archived