THE BROWNS BOARD

Nathan Zegura banned 8 games for yelling at refs

htownbrown

Nathan is a good listen.The only sideline judge running our side of the field was women ref..Sara Thomas..the same ref that gave the ball to skins on a fumble that Duke clearly recovered. Most think it was the possible 3rd sack that Larry Ogunjobi had that was taken away by Kindred's ill. contact penalty in 4th qt. at 12:12 on clock.take a look later. Could have started early with Carrie getting screwed on 25 yard PI call on a simple face-guarding penalty if anything? Give'm hell Nathan, and get back to some of your good work..   

It finally happened. The Browns broke him. I'm telling guys, you could FEEL it after that illegal contact penalty. It was such a dramatic momentum shift, it really was. Ogunjobi gets his 3rd sack and all of them on 3rd down, and instead of getting the ball back, it was pretty much game over. We HAVE to find a way to overcome these types of momentum shift if we're going to win. 

14 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It finally happened. The Browns broke him. I'm telling guys, you could FEEL it after that illegal contact penalty. It was such a dramatic momentum shift, it really was. Ogunjobi gets his 3rd sack and all of them on 3rd down, and instead of getting the ball back, it was pretty much game over. We HAVE to find a way to overcome these types of momentum shift if we're going to win. 

True. Because they’re going to happen almost every game. That was a turnover on 3rd down game changing call just like the “Full body weight” cowpoop. The NFL only had to apologize for one of them, but both cowpoop calls very likely cost us those games. 

Its not like the refs didn't deserve a tongue lashing for some of their crap calls.  The problem of course is that the league cannot (or at least does not) tolerate when team employees are the ones giving that tongue lashing.

Perhaps what the team should do is to put a few regular fans on the sideline....and let it be their responsibility to tongue lash the refs.   The worst the league could do would be to order the team to cease doing that, and to assess a fine for having done so.    But, its just money.  NFL teams don't care about money.

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

True. Because they’re going to happen almost every game. That was a turnover on 3rd down game changing call just like the “Full body weight” cowpoop. The NFL only had to apologize for one of them, but both cowpoop calls very likely cost us those games. 

It was truly awful.  You could just FEEL it.  However, to be a "good team", we have to figure out ways to OVERCOME that kind of stuff.  It's GOING to happen, and happens to many teams.  Clay Matthews got nailed with at least two bad calls, and they effectively lost them the game.  

The only suggestion I can think of is to make sure the game isn't SO CLOSE that one bad call can determine the game.  I realize that's asking a lot, and I realize we aren't TRYING to make these games so close, but our first win is NOT going to come down to a close scoring affair.  I really believe that for us to win, we're going to have to blow someone out.  Not 60-10 or anything like that, but we need to control a game, be up 20 or so points, and really step on someone.  Just get on them from the get-go.  We come out slow, and we're going to lose.  Those same feelings of "Oh no, we're going to blow it" WILL come back.  How could they not?  We're not just battling the two awful finishes of this year, we're battling the last FEW YEARS, and we need to figure out how to push those awful feelings down.  

Thursday night games are completely weird.  I've seen some strange stuff.  We HAVE to come out and score some points early or else it's going to get nasty.  Our defense has played well enough to win, and our offense simply isn't getting the job DONE.  The finger pointing is going to start, the locker room will turn, and the season will be lost IF we can't secure a few wins EARLY.  The NFL average is scoring 3 points per takeaway (according to Browns Daily).  We have EIGHT takeaways, and we have 10 points to show for it.  SEVEN of those points came from a drive that started from the 1 yard line, so I have a very difficult time counting those.  That means in 7 other takeaways, we have scored just 3 effing points.  Jesus.  

And here's the other thing:  We don't start scoring some points, and we're going to HAVE to put in Baker Mayfield before the coaches want to, there just isn't an alternative.  There's no way to prove this, but many people believe we would've WON the first two games if Baker played.  Again, there's no way to PROVE that of course, so I don't want to spend TOO much time on it, but we will put Baker into the game if our offense comes out and lays yet another egg in the first half.  We have coaches that are fighting for their jobs, here.  As much as many fans don't like Hue Jackson, I think the worst thing we could do for Baker would be to fire Hue and have him learn a COMPLETELY new offense.  The only caveat would be is if we keep Todd Haley, and elevate HIM to head coach.  But you see my point.  How many young QBs have been ruined by forcing them to learn multiple offenses in a short time?  Heck, how many times have WE done it?

We need points, and we need them early.  I thought our offensive gameplan was near perfect against the Saints.  We were in position to win the game with a competent FG kicker, and we limited the amount of possessions for Brees.  That 8 minute TD drive was absolutely gorgeous, but it wasn't enough.  We needed ONE MORE, and we didn't get it.  Here's what bothers me:  If you're going to have that kind of approach, you absolutely MUST trust your kicker because every point counts, every possession is so important.  Now we have a new kicker, who obviously isn't used to kicking in a difficult, outdoor stadium, so we need to put 6 on the board more than twice if we're going to win.  I'm telling you, if it comes down to a kick, we're in deep trouble.

Just like the Fins game a year or two ago, remember?  We just sign Cody Parkey and 24 hours later he's on the field with a chance to win the game and.....SHANK.  

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

It was truly awful.  You could just FEEL it.  However, to be a "good team", we have to figure out ways to OVERCOME that kind of stuff.  It's GOING to happen, and happens to many teams.  Clay Matthews got nailed with at least two bad calls, and they effectively lost them the game.  

The only suggestion I can think of is to make sure the game isn't SO CLOSE that one bad call can determine the game.  I realize that's asking a lot, and I realize we aren't TRYING to make these games so close, but our first win is NOT going to come down to a close scoring affair.  I really believe that for us to win, we're going to have to blow someone out.  Not 60-10 or anything like that, but we need to control a game, be up 20 or so points, and really step on someone.  Just get on them from the get-go.  We come out slow, and we're going to lose.  Those same feelings of "Oh no, we're going to blow it" WILL come back.  How could they not?  We're not just battling the two awful finishes of this year, we're battling the last FEW YEARS, and we need to figure out how to push those awful feelings down.  

Thursday night games are completely weird.  I've seen some strange stuff.  We HAVE to come out and score some points early or else it's going to get nasty.  Our defense has played well enough to win, and our offense simply isn't getting the job DONE.  The finger pointing is going to start, the locker room will turn, and the season will be lost IF we can't secure a few wins EARLY.  The NFL average is scoring 3 points per takeaway (according to Browns Daily).  We have EIGHT takeaways, and we have 10 points to show for it.  SEVEN of those points came from a drive that started from the 1 yard line, so I have a very difficult time counting those.  That means in 7 other takeaways, we have scored just 3 effing points.  Jesus.  

And here's the other thing:  We don't start scoring some points, and we're going to HAVE to put in Baker Mayfield before the coaches want to, there just isn't an alternative.  There's no way to prove this, but many people believe we would've WON the first two games if Baker played.  Again, there's no way to PROVE that of course, so I don't want to spend TOO much time on it, but we will put Baker into the game if our offense comes out and lays yet another egg in the first half.  We have coaches that are fighting for their jobs, here.  As much as many fans don't like Hue Jackson, I think the worst thing we could do for Baker would be to fire Hue and have him learn a COMPLETELY new offense.  The only caveat would be is if we keep Todd Haley, and elevate HIM to head coach.  But you see my point.  How many young QBs have been ruined by forcing them to learn multiple offenses in a short time?  Heck, how many times have WE done it?

We need points, and we need them early.  I thought our offensive gameplan was near perfect against the Saints.  We were in position to win the game with a competent FG kicker, and we limited the amount of possessions for Brees.  That 8 minute TD drive was absolutely gorgeous, but it wasn't enough.  We needed ONE MORE, and we didn't get it.  Here's what bothers me:  If you're going to have that kind of approach, you absolutely MUST trust your kicker because every point counts, every possession is so important.  Now we have a new kicker, who obviously isn't used to kicking in a difficult, outdoor stadium, so we need to put 6 on the board more than twice if we're going to win.  I'm telling you, if it comes down to a kick, we're in deep trouble.

Just like the Fins game a year or two ago, remember?  We just sign Cody Parkey and 24 hours later he's on the field with a chance to win the game and.....SHANK.  

I wish we had the offense to step on people. I really thought our D was going to take a step back and the O was going to take a huge step forward this year. Obviously right now it looks like it’s the exact opposite. 

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Nathan is a good listen.The only sideline judge running our side of the field was women ref..Sara Thomas..the same ref that gave the ball to skins on a fumble that Duke clearly recovered. Most think it was the possible 3rd sack that Larry Ogunjobi had that was taken away by Kindred's ill. contact penalty in 4th qt. at 12:12 on clock.take a look later. Could have started early with Carrie getting screwed on 25 yard PI call on a simple face-guarding penalty if anything? Give'm hell Nathan, and get back to some of your good work..   

Sarah Thomas is terrible, she almost always screws the Browns, but I have seen her in other games and she makes some awful calls. The worst of which was the Redskin fumble recovery play.

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

This is the last place on earth I can almost speak my mind :) Woman should not be on an NFL field. 

What???? 😱😱😱😱😱

Archived