THE BROWNS BOARD

We are going to eat Darnold's lunch Thursday

BobPOUND!

I have no idea what QB some of you are watching, when saying Darnold was the obvious choice for us at #1, it isn't the QB I am watching.  Just watched the Jet/Miami quick game and man he looked awful...

And it isn't like Miami's Defense is that great, ranking around 17th overall.. The defense we are going to be showing Darnold is going to be a lot more complex and we will be coming for him..... He might be able to scramble and get away from Garrett, but he is going to get picked early and often in my opinion

He is staring down receivers and threw 2 really bad picks against a generic Miami secondary.. With Ward and Randall spying and just waiting for a rookie to check down, they are going to eat his lunch all day long...  

We picked off Big Ben 2 times and put him in the dirt and forced fumbles and we harassed Breese all day long and kept his high powered offense contained for 3 1/2 quarters before we Browned it up for him.. These are 2 of the most savvy QB's in the game and we gave them trouble all day long. You think this rookie is going to stand a chance?

Let the SMACK TALKING BEGIN...

You heard it here first Browns 24 Jets 10.. The only TD coming in crap time at the end of the game. We pick him off 2 times and put him in the dirt more times than he can count...

BobPound!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

I have no idea what QB some of you are watching, when saying Darnold was the obvious choice for us at #1, it isn't the QB I am watching.  Just watched the Jet/Miami quick game and man he looked awful...

And it isn't like Miami's Defense is that great, ranking around 17th overall.. The defense we are going to be showing Darnold is going to be a lot more complex and we will be coming for him..... He might be able to scramble and get away from Garrett, but he is going to get picked early and often in my opinion

He is staring down receivers and threw 2 really bad picks against a generic Miami secondary.. With Ward and Randall spying and just waiting for a rookie to check down, they are going to eat his lunch all day long...  

We picked off Big Ben 2 times and put him in the dirt and forced fumbles and we harassed Breese all day long and kept his high powered offense contained for 3 1/2 quarters before we Browned it up for him.. These are 2 of the most savvy QB's in the game and we gave them trouble all day long. You think this rookie is going to stand a chance?

You heard it here first Browns 24 Jets 10.. The only TD coming in crap time at the end of the game. We pick him off 2 times and put him in the dirt more times than he can count...

BobPound!

God bless you, BobPound.  I hope your inpatient psychiatric treatment goes well, and your view of reality remains distorted.  Because in your world, our football team is a much better product.  However, I would like to remind you of what happens when rookie QB's play our team.  What happens you ask?  THEY HAVE THE GAMES OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES.  

Rookies always own us.  

Yea, I think the Browns should pull this off.    But you know how it is with them:

The Browns do whatever it takes to lose.  If they have the better team, if they have the lead, if any other team in their situation would win, the Browns always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

But lets hope that changes this week.

12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

God bless you, BobPound.  I hope your inpatient psychiatric treatment goes well, and your view of reality remains distorted.  Because in your world, our football team is a much better product.  However, I would like to remind you of what happens when rookie QB's play our team.  What happens you ask?  THEY HAVE THE GAMES OF THEIR FREAKING LIVES.  

Rookies always own us.  

I think you’re taking his post as we are a well rounded team, when I see his post as our team has a defense that can be nasty, and he doesn’t see the rookie QB for anything more than average. 

I have no idea what QB some of you are watching, when saying Darnold was the obvious choice for us at #1, it isn't the QB I am watching.

The Week 1 Darnold was pretty damn good... that's the one I was watching  of the 3rd QB on my 2018 Big Board.

Let's hope the Week 2 version shows Thursday nite.

BobPound!

Not so fast in "Browns football world", we've lost so many ridiculously easy games it's no longer funny. Like you I expect them to win but until that clock hits 0:00 and Browns W is confirmed all  I'll be is optimistic.

9 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I think you’re taking his post as we are a well rounded team, when I see his post as our team has a defense that can be nasty, and he doesn’t see the rookie QB for anything more than average. 

I think our defense has the potential to be terrific.  I won't argue with that at all.  They played well enough to win, and we didn't because we're the Browns.  I'll also say that when the game was on the line, our defense did not come up with the play needed to win the game.  Is that asking a lot?  Sure it is.  But a "nasty defense" can WIN you the game when you need it.  Our defense gave up 3 points through three quarters.  Then they gave up 18 freaking points in the 4th.  Were they tired?  Sure.  Were they on the field too much?  Yep.  Did our offense and obviously special teams help them?  Nope.  But as good as our defense was, we still gave up two touchdowns in the 4th quarter.  After the "immaculate bomb" (and missed extra point, of course...Browns), our defense came into the game with an 18-18 tie.  We, again, couldn't get the stop when we needed it.  We couldn't get the magical turnover when we desperately needed it.  A nasty defense wins you the game.  Do we have the POTENTIAL to be nasty?  We sure do.  Did we maybe get screwed by the refs?  Probably.  But we had the lead in the 4th quarter, and our defense didn't do enough to win.  REGARDLESS of how amazing they played.  Was it the defense's fault we lost?  HECK NO.  But...if our offense and special teams aren't going to make it happen, we need someone to step up.  How many games have we seen end like this?  Where we just need that ONE STOP?  How often do we get it?  Quite literally....NEVER.  

The Jets are a "good team", not GREAT, but good.  They have one of those...what are they called again...ummmm....WINS!  THAT'S IT!  They have a win!  They also have a rookie QB.  I don't have the stats handy, but in my head, I remember rookie QB's completely OWNING US during the past few years.  Of course, we've won 1 game in two years, so I guess you could say EVERY TEAM and EVERY QB completely owns us, but whatever.  Sam Darnold has shown me enough that I can confidently say we have absolutely no chance in this game, and I expect the boo birds to come out early and often.  After we fail to score a touchdown in the first quarter (again btw), you're going to hear the boos loud and clear.  We'll be down 10-3 in the first quarter, 13-6 at half time, and then our defense will get completely exhausted, and the floodgates will open.  By then, our coach will completely panic because we'll be at home and the boos will have their desired effect, and we'll throw Baker to the wolves, only for him to be down by at least 17 points, and the defense knowing he'll have to pass every play, which will result in his immediate and dire destruction.  It's not difficult to figure out.

The other force that's against us?  The story line, duh!!  How awesome of a story would it be to have the Browns lose at home to a rookie QB they could've drafted?!!  I mean, this stuff writes itself!!  Just watch, it literally makes WAY too much sense.  "Browns lose to Sam Darnold, a QB they didn't draft, as woes continue".  I'm telling you, I can already see it.  Oh, and don't forget about HOW we lost the past two games.  A team that is 1-31 in two years has the most fragile psyche in maybe the history of the league.  After losing two games, in typical heart-breaking fashion, our mentality has to be completely SHOT.  We're a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We expect to lose, therefore we do.  

And we will again on Thursday.  

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm worried about this game, we've lost to the Jets 5 times in a row.

They can't let Darnold come in here and win. It's time to start WINNING home games.

Darnold is very mobile AND throws weirdly accurate on the move, in addition to picking up yards on the ground.  Oh, we're also going to be without Ogbah (this is my surprised face!!  Can't believe it!!) and we're probably going to be without Damarious Randall!  Wow, it keeps getting better!!  Randall has a heel injury, and is listed as questionable I think.  In other words, he's not likely to play, especially because we play in two days.  No Ogbah, no Randall, no chance.  Randall has been playing pretty awesome football.  He got beat (badly) by Ted Ginn, but Brees underthrew him.  Besides that, he's been great.  Not having him?  Will destroy us.  Maybe I'm wrong and he plays, but I doubt it.  

Bottom line?  We're in deep crap.  I don't care which players the Jets have lost off their defense, they still play very aggressively, and they'll make life impossible for us.  Our offensive line is STRUGGLING with simple stunts and lineman misdirection.  This is a symptom of our line not playing much together, and their communication suffering as a result.  The Jets' defensive line will torment us.  No running game.  No time to throw.  3rd and long all day long, with Tyrod throwing a bunch of 2 yards passes in hopes our receiver breaks 7 tackles and picks up the first down. 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

44-9. Browns 1-1-1.

It was meant to be. Third time is the charm.

10-5-1 should be good for the playoffs.

Gdammit cal I want you at my funeral..................."Everybody clap your hands and yell, 'get up you f'n Clintonite.'..............I guarantee you that will get a rise out of him."🤩

Ogbah's deterioration is something I definitely wasn't expecting.. probably need to draft DE again in rd1 this offseason since we sent our prior backups packing and are apparently going to churn the DL's who don't start.

I'm not too worried about Darnold, he's playing at a replacement level right now -- 70.0 PFF with 3 turnover-worthy passes.

Ward needs to tackle better and not play the Saints [7 targets, 7 receptions allowed].

39 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Ward needs to tackle better and not play the Saints [7 targets, 7 receptions allowed].

Considering Ward is a rookie, and MT is arguably the NFL’s #2 WR behind Brown...he really didn’t let MT have a great game.

Especially when you compare his stats against the Bucs the previous week.

503B5804-78AF-4382-98B7-B491B52DDBB8.png

chris smith/genard avery>ogbah. Smith was a pleasant surprise to me this past sunday. 

my issue with this upcoming game is the turnaround. I noticed a slight dropoff in myles's getoff against the saints, which was enough for the LT to absorb his rush...the power edge moves just werent there and that was on a weeks rest. He played every single snap against the steelers. Our lack of DE depth now is gonna haunt us. 

1 minute ago, Orion said:

I don't see how anyone can be confident about us beating anyone.

I'm confident and optimistic that the Browns will win every single week.   Its just a matter of how long that feeling lasts.   Some games the last couple seasons it didn't last much beyond the coin toss but so far this season it's lasted much longer. 

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Darnold is very mobile AND throws weirdly accurate on the move, in addition to picking up yards on the ground.  Oh, we're also going to be without Ogbah (this is my surprised face!!  Can't believe it!!) and we're probably going to be without Damarious Randall!  Wow, it keeps getting better!!  Randall has a heel injury, and is listed as questionable I think.  In other words, he's not likely to play, especially because we play in two days.  No Ogbah, no Randall, no chance.  Randall has been playing pretty awesome football.  He got beat (badly) by Ted Ginn, but Brees underthrew him.  Besides that, he's been great.  Not having him?  Will destroy us.  Maybe I'm wrong and he plays, but I doubt it.  

Bottom line?  We're in deep crap.  I don't care which players the Jets have lost off their defense, they still play very aggressively, and they'll make life impossible for us.  Our offensive line is STRUGGLING with simple stunts and lineman misdirection.  This is a symptom of our line not playing much together, and their communication suffering as a result.  The Jets' defensive line will torment us.  No running game.  No time to throw.  3rd and long all day long, with Tyrod throwing a bunch of 2 yards passes in hopes our receiver breaks 7 tackles and picks up the first down. 

you are fuking high are o-line showed a lot of improvement since week one against a team that has 3 first round picks on their d-line which shows me with some more time to gel (they had no time together in the pre season) are running game will improve as will pass protection this is the same problem the giants are going through

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

chris smith/genard avery>ogbah. Smith was a pleasant surprise to me this past sunday. 

my issue with this upcoming game is the turnaround. I noticed a slight dropoff in myles's getoff against the saints, which was enough for the LT to absorb his rush...the power edge moves just werent there and that was on a weeks rest. He played every single snap against the steelers. Our lack of DE depth now is gonna haunt us. 

I'm fine with the pick of Denzel Ward, but I'm still puzzled over people on here who didn't want Chubb because "we already have Ogbah" and it would be a wasted pick. That thinking is flawed. DLine is the one unit where you shuffle people in and out, and even if Ogbah was healthy, you'll find playing time for another quality DE. 

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm fine with the pick of Denzel Ward, but I'm still puzzled over people on here who didn't want Chubb because "we already have Ogbah" and it would be a wasted pick. That thinking is flawed. DLine is the one unit where you shuffle people in and out, and even if Ogbah was healthy, you'll find playing time for another quality DE. 

Ogbah so far is feeling like Courtney Brown pt 2 . To me... I like the kid... But.. he can't stay healthy.. I wish we wouldve kept Meder...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Ogbah so far is feeling like Courtney Brown pt 2 . To me... I like the kid... But.. he can't stay healthy.. I wish we wouldve kept Meder...

I'm really hoping that the Browns have found their LT and can use their first rounder on a DLineman. 

A DE opposite of Garrett would be nice, but I'd be thrilled with Houston DT Ed Oliver, too. His comparison is Aaron Donald, of the Rams. 

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't see how anyone can be confident about us beating anyone.

Yet if you look at the trend in Yahoo Pick'em you'll see we are 2:1 favorites... and that's spotting NYJ 3 points.

19 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The Week 1 Darnold was pretty damn good... that's the one I was watching  of the 3rd QB on my 2018 Big Board.

Let's hope the Week 2 version shows Thursday nite.

If we play our week 1 D against his week 2 O, we have a very good chance.

I'm still waiting for a week something O, but so far it can't kick it's way out of a wet paper bag.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm still waiting for a week something O, but so far it can't kick it's way out of a wet paper bag.

I see what you did there...

Oh, and there are two more reasons that we're in trouble.  We're playing against Terrell Pryor and Crowell.  I wasn't sad to see Crow leave us, but to this DAY I don't understand the Terrell Pryor debacle.  He wanted to stay here, and we wanted him to stay here....yet he's not here.  I really don't get it.  We cultivated him, taught him, and saw the potential...and now someone ELSE gets to use his services?  Uh...

The story line is just too perfect.  "Sam Darnold shows Browns why they shouldn't have passed on him, and Crow and Pryor shine as Browns futility is stronger than ever."

It just makes way too much sense.  You remember when Carson Wentz was a rookie?  You also remember we played them the first game?  What happened in that game?  That's right, Wentz beat us as a rookie, like every rookie does.  The immediate story afterwards was, "Did the Browns screw up by not drafting Wentz?!"   

Uhhhhh....ya think?

Archived