THE BROWNS BOARD

Too early for a mock draft thread?

Westside Steve

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

nobody mentioned a quarterback coming to Cleveland.

Finally.

It seems that every year we'd be going into training camp not knowing who our QB was going to be.   That's the first clue that it's not gonna be a good season.  THIS year we knew.  We weren't sure exactly when he was going to get in the starting spot, but we knew who our QB was going to be.  We were just hoping that he'd be good and not another  bust.

- We can tell our grandchildren,  "One year, the Browns went into the season with 3 QB's on the roster and neither of 'em had ever won an NFL game. - 

~AND~   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft

The 2019 NFL Draft will be the 84th annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft will be held on April 25–27 in Nashville, Tennessee.

The host city for the 2019 (as well as the 2020) draft was chosen from among finalists Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Nashville, and Cleveland/Canton in May 2018 at the NFL Spring League Meeting.  On May 23, 2018, the league announced Nashville as the host city of the 2019 NFL Draft.

The 2020 NFL Draft will be the 85th annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft will notionally be held from April 23 to 25, based on prior draft dates.

The host city for this draft would have been chosen from among finalists Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Nashville, and Cleveland/Canton in May 2018 during the NFL Spring League Meeting;  Nashville was chosen to host the 2019 draft. However, the host city for 2020 was deferred to 2019. Only three finalists remained, as Denver withdrew, citing scheduling conflicts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last year's draft lead up and draft day just wore me out, it was truly brutal.

Hopefully this year's draft will be more civilized and gentile and everyone will be on their best behaviour. Now everyone hold up your right hand and promise you'll behave this coming year, thank you.

........yeah right. :lol:

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd give anything to find a way to get DT Ed Oliver on this team.

yup. He's essentially on the same level as Bosa. Bosa's a lil better coming around the edge but oliver is betteri. the 3 and 5 tech....but both can do it all. Olivers speed is such that he'd essentially be our 1st and 2nd down LDE and slide inside when avery comes in. Absolute sick prospect. 

Oliver has played almost exclusively inside and would be your 3tech in this defense. 

Can anyone explain the need to replace Ogunjobi?  I didn't think so.   

The DI needs 1 gap pluggers if we don't like our looks at Carl Davis or feel we can upgrade on Coley.     

Haven't seen enough of Zettel to comment. 

Another CB wouldn't bother me with the amount of man we play but I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on another Buckeye - Gareon Conley.  Especially since we know Gruden is a chump and will take low ball offers. 

Archived