THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker time

Westside Steve

"Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

Be careful what you wish for.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

"Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?  His unit was completely out of its depth, and we lost a number of games due to special teams failure.  How much was his fault?  It's really tough to say.  Obviously he didn't have the best talent, but still...we were BAD, ya know?

I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.  

People really think we wont win this year???

Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

Its time this board unclenched

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

People really think we wont win this year???

Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

Its time this board unclenched

I believe we will win several games this year including tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

I believe we will win several games this year including tomorrow night.

Same here, I hate moral victories but the Browns went toe to toe against 2 perennial playoff teams.

I expect a victory against the Jets.

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

Mike

Famous Amos Jones was born on New Years Eve & were still waiting on the fireworks show🥁(ba dum bah)..if dorsey rubs a few more nickle's together I'd call Jack del Rio,John Fox,Mike Smith or Mike Mularkey about a ST job.. Chris Tabor outlasted the Shurmur,Chud,Petine era,but failed (more liked bailed) on the Hue era..

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

Mike

Comes under the category of be careful what you wish for. Replacement chosen by these idiots was far worse. 

That being said, I'm wishing for a change again Mike. This guy sucks. Hard to find worse now.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, Canton Dawg said:

We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

If the coaching seat isn't hot after a 1-32-1 record..  It ain't ever getting hot

On 9/17/2018 at 5:11 PM, domcucch1994 said:

Tyrod fukin blows...

But at least he's better than Kizer.. 

If he can't lead the offense this Thursday cut the chord on him... Throw in Baker

On 9/17/2018 at 11:20 PM, Tour2ma said:

You and me both, but here I am. I saw in Preseason Game 4 that Baker's command of the O is way ahead of where I thought he'd be.

His arm and touch and ocket awareness are all superior to TT's and he's shown he will run smart when he runs... something TT did not do a couple times Sunday.

Then there's the "it" factor. Baker has it... TT doesn't. Plus I think the kid's psyche is bulletproof. Even if things go badly, I think he can handle it.

Lastly... our OL looked functional Sunday. Good enough to give Baker a chance.

IF the OL really shows itself ready tonight and TT still just fiddles around, then it's time. Afterall it was that untimely INT that TT threw that turned that game from manageable to close loss by an f'n kicker.

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

IF the OL really shows itself ready tonight and TT still just fiddles around, then it's time. Afterall it was that untimely INT that TT threw that turned that game from manageable to close loss by an f'n kicker.

The Jets ALWAYS seem to have a talented defensive line.  Our OL won't play quite as well, and I really don't want Baker getting his first playing time against them.  Don't forget the Jets' coach, Todd Bowles, is 3-0 against us.  This is not a good match up for us, not at all.  The Jets will come in VERY confident, whereas we will be "hoping" to win.  And that's not a knock against our team, I mean, how COULD we be confident?  I've always said that so much of this game, and finishing the close contests, comes down to mental fortitude.  We won't have confidence until we start winning games.  The Jets have already won a game, and that's after their QB threw a pick-6.  Can you IMAGINE what OUR TEAM would do if Tyrod started the game with a pick-6?!  We'd be hanging our heads and in full desperation mode with 15 seconds off the clock.  

I don't want my starting QB running the ball that much, but I do think Tyrod will have a ton of opportunties to hurt the Jets aggressive defense with his legs.  I could see Tyrod having 80+ yards rushing and converting several 3rd downs that way.  If that happens, we have a chance at scoring a few points.  If we're hoping that Tyrod just moves the ball down the field with his arm....well....it's going to be a long night.  We already know we won't be able to run the ball with our backs.  Good lord, I saw enough 1 and 2 yard runs last week to last me a lifetime.  Hopefully Tyrod picks up the slack with HIS legs, and also slides or gets out of bounds.  The Jets always play us tough, I don't see tonight as being an exception.  

Mary Kay saying everyone should be on baker watch.

Cowherd saying that if we are behind scorewise Jimmy gonna be calling down to put in baker.  He saying that Jimma's media mogul wife will be advising him to put in mayfield.

Even though cowhead says its dumb to not let tyrod continue his improvement as his stats show he is above his career averages.

Nice to hear cowhead talk about how improved we are.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

Chris Tabor was a good coach. He was excited and had a passion for what he did. Hue is a lifeless piece of uninspiring trash. Should have never even been hired. Worthless, same goes for Dorkey. 

Dorsey did nothing that 98% of the posters on this forum couldn't do given the amount of cap space and draft picks that were accumulated for him. He's not a mastermind, just a guy talking a big game ala Holmgren 2.0. Dorsey needs to go, Hue needs to go ASAP. 

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Chris Tabor was a good coach. He was excited and had a passion for what he did. Hue is a lifeless piece of uninspiring trash. Should have never even been hired. Worthless, same goes for Dorkey. 

Dorsey did nothing that 98% of the posters on this forum couldn't do given the amount of cap space and draft picks that were accumulated for him. He's not a mastermind, just a guy talking a big game ala Holmgren 2.0. Dorsey needs to go, Hue needs to go ASAP. 

You must be really miserable to call people you dont know trash. You really are embarrassing yourself with nasty comments like that.

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You forget that Dorsey was the GM that drafted Kevin "HOF" Hogan...

On 9/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, Tour2ma said:

As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:20 PM, Tour2ma said:

You and me both, but here I am. I saw in Preseason Game 4 that Baker's command of the O is way ahead of where I thought he'd be.

His arm and touch and ocket awareness are all superior to TT's and he's shown he will run smart when he runs... something TT did not do a couple times Sunday.

Then there's the "it" factor. Baker has it... TT doesn't. Plus I think the kid's psyche is bulletproof. Even if things go badly, I think he can handle it.

Lastly... our OL looked functional Sunday. Good enough to give Baker a chance.

Nothing to add...

Just wanted to bask in my moment in the sun. 😎

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades...

22 hours ago, PoeticG said:

After last night, can we give PoG the PoS  a time out.  

Archived