THE BROWNS BOARD

GOODBYE ZANE!

Canton Mike

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

As bad as his trolling may be the fact is that Tommy is often completely in accurate and wrong about his statement of facts he just doesn’t pay attention to what happens in the gamesAs bad as his trolling may be the fact is that Tommy is often completely in accurate and wrong about his statement of facts he just doesn’t pay attention to what happens in the games

Take it to the poly board................................oh Tommy......................I thought you said 🤴................................never mind.😜

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Browns' return:

Our 1st of MANY non winning QBs wore #2 (Couch wasn't awful, but that was our new beginning), manziel wore #2, now the kicker. Talk about a number with a negative history!!

The Jersey #2 has lead us NOWHERE, therefore I have a question. Should the #2 EVER be made available to a Browns' player in Cleveland again?

AAAAARRRRRGH!!!!! I HATE the #2!!!!!!!

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Since the Browns' return:

Our 1st of MANY non winning QBs wore #2 (Couch wasn't awful, but that was our new beginning), manziel wore #2, now the kicker. Talk about a number with a negative history!!

The Jersey #2 has lead us NOWHERE, therefore I have a question. Should the #2 EVER be made available to a Browns' player in Cleveland again?

AAAAARRRRRGH!!!!! I HATE the #2!!!!!!!

Mike

Zane has confidence issues. It is literally the one issue you cannot have if you intend to be good at anything. 

After his first miss (or maybe second, or maybe both) the camera panned to him on the sideline chewing his nails. All bottled up in his head and taking it out on his finger nails.

I actually think that’s why Hue went for it when he did at the end of the game, to give the guy one less play to think about it and just go out and do it.

#BrownsCLEBrowns18.png working out kickers today, including veterans Blair Walsh and Cairo Santos, sources say. GM John Dorsey is well acquainted with Santos from his time with the #Chiefs.

97 replies237 retweets697 likes

10 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Didn't Blair Walsh Project single handily lose a playoff game a few years ago?

Zombo

Isn't Bailey at home? If he can walk, bring him to Cleveland.

18 hours ago, British Browns Fan Everton said:

We didn't today. We lost to bottom of the league team West ham.

Everton are the oldest team in the top flight of English football. They are one of the most successful yet in recent years we haven't won too many trophies.

Last time we were winning was the 80s. And one cup in 1995.

1995 you beat us 4-1 in the semi final ☹️

What's important to consider as well is the context of the first missed extra point. The Browns in that situation lead 13-3 and with the flow of the game the Saints would have only gone for 1 after the 2nd TD, making it 17-13. Assuming he doesn't wang the 2nd extra point as well, Browns are up 20-17 leading to that final drive by the Saints. Assuming it plays out the same, Browns are at worst tied.

Can't have it. I can maybe  live with the missed FG's, but the extra points are inexcusable. Hard to ever say a loss is 100% on one dude, but Zane was responsible for about 95% of the weight of the loss. Tyrod put us in a position to have the lead AND tie the game in the 4th quarter. Get his name out your mouth in the realm of him being the reason we lost.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Didn't Blair Walsh Project single handily lose a playoff game a few years ago?

Zombo

I don't know if it was as single handedly as Gagzonelz yesterday but he did miss a late one for the Vikings I think a couple seasons ago.   In his defense, it was like -20 and windy so a bit different than gagging every kick indoors

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

Vikings are looking for a kickers and I just heard MKC on the Dan Patrick show say that Blair doesn't want to tryout for the browns.

I suppose he wants a freeking Dome team, so that he won't have any adverse affects.

Plus, seems to me that beggars can't be choosers.  He doesn't have a job now, and if Bailey gets taken, he will just have to go where he can.  Unless he wants to stay home and be an insurance salesman, a grocery bagger, or a high school soccer coach. 

IIRC Blair's miss cost the Vikes a playoff spot... or advancing in the playoffs. Seems like it was Zimmer's 1st year as their HC.

We need to find a good vet who was in large part a cap casualty.

And folks need to lighten up on the Bailey wishin'. If you watched SNF you heard that he had surgery and was simply not the same kicker he was in Cowboy camp. He was a cap casualty-plus...

So what does it cost a team for a needless loss? There are a lot of variables involved besides  even making a playoff spot,  from spotrac:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/kicker/null/

2018 Kicker Average Rankings

PLAYER
AVERAGE
1 Stephen Gostkowski

Stephen Gostkowski

KICKER
$4,300,000
2 Graham Gano

Graham Gano

KICKER
$4,250,000
3 Justin Tucker

Justin Tucker

KICKER
$4,200,000
4 Mason Crosby

Mason Crosby

KICKER
$4,025,000
5 Ryan Succop

Ryan Succop

KICKER
$4,000,000
6 Chris Boswell

Chris Boswell

KICKER
$3,951,500
7 Matt Prater

Matt Prater

KICKER
$3,800,000
8 Brandon McManus

Brandon McManus

KICKER
$3,751,333
9 Cody Parkey

Cody Parkey

KICKER
$3,750,000
10 Adam Vinatieri

Adam Vinatieri

KICKER
$3,625,000
11 Matt Bryant

Matt Bryant

KICKER
$3,366,667
12 Chandler Catanzaro

Chandler Catanzaro

KICKER
$3,250,000
13 Phil Dawson

Phil Dawson

KICKER
$3,000,000
14 Steven Hauschka

Steven Hauschka

KICKER
$2,950,000
15 Dustin Hopkins

Dustin Hopkins

KICKER
$2,483,333
16 Greg Zuerlein

Greg Zuerlein

KICKER
$2,250,000
17 Caleb Sturgis

Caleb Sturgis

KICKER
$2,225,000
18 Sebastian Janikowski

Sebastian Janikowski

KICKER
$2,015,000
19 Robbie Gould

Robbie Gould

KICKER
$2,000,000
20 Mike Nugent

Mike Nugent

KICKER
$1,015,000
21 Randy Bullock

Randy Bullock

KICKER
$782,500
22 Jason Myers

Jason Myers

KICKER
$705,000
23 Daniel Carlson

Daniel Carlson

KICKER
$677,003
24 Josh Lambo

Josh Lambo

KICKER
$660,000
25 Jason Sanders

Jason Sanders

KICKER
$637,800
26 Michael Palardy

Michael Palardy

KICKER
$630,000
27 Zane Gonzalez

Zane Gonzalez

KICKER
$622,289
28 Eddy Piniero

Eddy Piniero

KICKER
$578,333
29 Kaare Vedvik

Kaare Vedvik

KICKER
$570,000
30 Ka'imi Fairbairn

Ka'imi Fairbairn

KICKER
$541,667
31 Will Lutz

Will Lutz

KICKER
$540,000
32 Brett Maher

Brett Maher

KICKER
$525,000
33 Harrison Butker

Harrison Butker

KICKER
$510,000
  Aldrick Rosas

Aldrick Rosas

KICKER
$510,000
  Jake Elliott

Jake Elliott

KICKER
$510,000
36 Sam Ficken

Sam Ficken

KICKER
$480,000

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

IIRC Blair's miss cost the Vikes a playoff spot... or advancing in the playoffs. Seems like it was Zimmer's 1st year as their HC.

We need to find a good vet who was in large part a cap casualty.

And folks need to lighten up on the Bailey wishin'. If you watched SNF you heard that he had surgery and was simply not the same kicker he was in Cowboy camp. He was a cap casualty-plus...

Ah yes when an accountant can overrule a coach, it happens a lot.

But a bargain basement kicker can cost you dearly at times.

17 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes, THE KICKER........................... FINALLY................................. FINALLY  WE HAVE THE ANSWER.

This is just more demonstration of why Tommy Boy is so ignorant about the game of football.

The kicker IS an important element of the game.    It would not surprise me, if, after research, some 20-25% of all football games are decided by field goals and extra points,   or those that are missed.   Sure, it is the entire game, obviously, and if a team is OH SO good that it never has to rely on the success of its kicking game, that is one thing.   But, remember.....like every single one of the Patriots Super Bowl wins were by the margin of a field goal (and maybe their losses too).   Where would their dynasty be if Vinatieri had missed those two kicks.  What would we think about the Buffalo Bills if Norwood had made that kick.  What about that fuycking kick that Karliss missed, yet the refs gave it to him.  

Yes, a kicker may be AN answer, if not THE answer.    The point is simple, again:  many, many games come down to kicking.  You are foolish if you minimize the importance of it.

Archived