Clevfan4life

is hue gone on monday?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Actually the Pats are thin at WR, until Edelman comes back. I'm not going to go to NFL.com and dig up the article, but they spelled out pretty clearly why they took a flyer on Josh. The short version is losing to the Jags, they just double covered Gronk on every play, and dared Brady to beat them with the rest of his rag-tag group of WRs. With Gordon and Edleman on board, teams won't be able to do that.  

If Gordon is on the field, and like we've ALL said a 100 times, that's a giant if...but IF he's on the field with Gronk and Edelman, it's not going to be fun defending them.  You've got Edelman on the choice routes, you've got Gronk in the middle, and you've got Josh flying around deep and wherever else.  Here's the other thing:  Josh is ABSOLUTELY electric with the ball in his hands.  His YAC production and ability to separate after the catch are top notch.  Does ANYONE hit receivers in stride better than Brady?  I mean, not really, right?  We couldn't Josh the ball in stride if we walked down the field and HANDED it to him, but that will NOT be an issue with the Patriots.  As we know better than anybody, getting Josh actually ON the field is a difficult task, but if he's there....watch out.  

Also, don't forget Josh is actually injured, too.  He injured the hamstring right before coming to the preseason, and he re-injured it during his off the books promo shoot.  He may be more injured than we think.  

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I've hit the wall on likes a few times too Tour, not sure how many you get each day, but it's not unlimited. It rolls over on a 24 hour cycle.  

LOL, here's the uncensored version. "We finally got so pissed off at Josh's antics, we decided enough was enough. Plus we thought he was probably back to doing drugs and booze again. that phony hamstring issue didn't sit well either." 

Sure, those are probably  Hue's private feelings.

But I am asking POG what HE thinks  Hue should say?  I am looking for his warped interpretation of what the press conference should have been like.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Actually the Pats are thin at WR, until Edelman comes back. I'm not going to go to NFL.com and dig up the article, but they spelled out pretty clearly why they took a flyer on Josh. The short version is losing to the Jags, they just double covered Gronk on every play, and dared Brady to beat them with the rest of his rag-tag group of WRs. With Gordon and Edleman on board, teams won't be able to do that.  

And the other comment I read was that it's basically a try out for them anways until Edelman comes back.   If he can't cut it (and many can't with the Patriots) they'll just release him to...and boy wouldn't that be funny after the last 24 hours of whining around here?

58 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Also, don't forget Josh is actually injured, too.  He injured the hamstring right before coming to the preseason, and he re-injured it during his off the books promo shoot.  He may be more injured than we think.  

Had an MRI yesterday....the hamstring magically repaired itself as soon as he was traded.  

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Had an MRI yesterday....the hamstring magically repaired itself as soon as he was traded.  

Wow.  Well, expect him to go bananas.  

33 minutes ago, Mark O said:

And the other comment I read was that it's basically a try out for them anways until Edelman comes back.   If he can't cut it (and many can't with the Patriots) they'll just release him to...and boy wouldn't that be funny after the last 24 hours of whining around here?

Only yesterday someone was bemoaning the fact that coleman was now with the pats....as in, he's not good enough for the browns but he is for them. Yeah well now he's not, binned in the blink of an eye. Josh could well go the same route...BB certainly won't be swayed by sentiment, it will be yes or no. 

36 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Wow.  Well, expect him to go bananas.  

That article said the Patriots run a very complex offense, I wouldn't expect Josh to be much more than a decoy for a couple of weeks.   

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That article said the Patriots run a very complex offense, I wouldn't expect Josh to be much more than a decoy for a couple of weeks.   

That's a fair point.  It's one of the reasons why Tom and Edelman are so difficult to stop.  They run complex checks and audibles, choice routes that take time to understand and sync up.  But...it doesn't take much to send in Josh for a quick slant, deep go, or anything against zone.  I can already see the play-action pass to Josh on the slant.

1 minute ago, Browns_Fucking_Rule said:

I guess it wasn't monday but it sounds like it might be friday if we lose this thursday night

Says whom?   I really can't blame Hue for either one of the losses.  No wasted timeouts so far.   Penalties which were a problem all preseason actually went down week 1 to week 2.   I still don't think he's a great HC but I don't see him being fired this early in the season no matter what happens Thursday night.

6 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Says whom?   I really can't blame Hue for either one of the losses.  No wasted timeouts so far.   Penalties which were a problem all preseason actually went down week 1 to week 2.   I still don't think he's a great HC but I don't see him being fired this early in the season no matter what happens Thursday night.

It was just and nfl insider who says he believes this is what is going to happen and he thinks that haley will replace him.

2 minutes ago, Browns_Fucking_Rule said:

It was just and nfl insider who says he believes this is what is going to happen and he thinks that haley will replace him.

oh..an NFL insider.    I don't believe that's happening but we will see.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

oh..an NFL insider.    I don't believe that's happening but we will see.

I don't disagree with you.. I am just telling what I heard but who really knows

2 minutes ago, Browns_Fucking_Rule said:

I don't disagree with you.. I am just telling what I heard but who really knows

I think if there was a chance he would be blown out after 3 games, they would've just made the change in the offseason to start fresh.   I have to believe that Huey has a longer leash this season than that.

The worst coach in the history of the NFL, coaching the worst team in the history of the NFL just orchestrated the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Hue needs to be gone... yesterday.

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

The worst coach in the history of the NFL, coaching the worst team in the history of the NFL just orchestrated the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Hue needs to be gone... yesterday.

so clearly you chose not to read the article that said that Hue had little to do with trade.    And another one of you....over react much?  Far from the worst trade in the history of the NFL.  Not even the worst trade in the history of the Browns. 

30 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I think if there was a chance he would be blown out after 3 games, they would've just made the change in the offseason to start fresh.   I have to believe that Huey has a longer leash this season than that.

The way I heard it was that dorsey wanted to bring in his own guy from the start but haslem wanted to honor his contract with hue. I wouldn't have been surprised if his leash was just a little bit tighter. Maybe even that of a 2-2 start? Maybe its not fair but this is league based on wins and what have you done lately's

Just now, Browns_Fucking_Rule said:

The way I heard it was that dorsey wanted to bring in his own guy from the start but haslem wanted to honor his contract with hue. I wouldn't have been surprised if his leash was just a little bit tighter. Maybe even that of a 2-2 start? Maybe its not fair but this is league based on wins and what have you done lately's

It's all possible.  Although...a 2-2 start or a 1-1-1 start after 1-31 would be pretty damn good in my opinion.   

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

It's all possible.  Although...a 2-2 start or a 1-1-1 start after 1-31 would be pretty damn good in my opinion.   

I think they also believe that win you are talking about has to be at home.

1 minute ago, Browns_Fucking_Rule said:

I think they also believe that win you are talking about has to be at home.

That would certainly be nice.  Especially this Thursday night since I'll be in attendance for my one trip to Cleveland each season.

Wow, so I just found out that Gordon actually got it cleared from the team to shoot the promotional video first and then he pulled his hamstring tight after 90 minutes of shooting the hype video. He was only 10 minutes late to the meeting. 

Shmucking Browns, I hate you.

Wow, so I just found out that Gordon actually got it cleared from the team to shoot the promotional video first and then he pulled his hamstring tight after 90 minutes of shooting the hype video. He was only 10 minutes late to the meeting. 

Shmucking Browns, I hate you.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  How come your information never comes with a link to where you heard it?  Because it is the voices in your head that defend your heroes despite what they do?  And how about that hamstring injury that mysteriously healed itself by yesterday morning?   How come you keep ignoring that??  Could it be because it means your hero lied?  Because there was no hamstring injury?  Because he said fuck you to Cleveland and the Browns?  He didn't want to play here.   You may as well go follow him to New England since you hate this team so much.  You're no different than the other troll here.  Just keep repeating the same nonsense over and over for attention.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.  How come your information never comes with a link to where you heard it?  Because it is the voices in your head that defend your heroes despite what they do?  And how about that hamstring injury that mysteriously healed itself by yesterday morning?   How come you keep ignoring that??  Could it be because it means your hero lied?  Because there was no hamstring injury?  Because he said Shmuck you to Cleveland and the Browns?  He didn't want to play here.   You may as well go follow him to New England since you hate this team so much.  You're no different than the other troll here.  Just keep repeating the same nonsense over and over for attention.

Shmuck you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/09/18/browns-reportedly-gave-up-josh-gordon-over-commercial-shoot-pulled-hamstring/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.edb2e02de1be

All that you just spewed is cowpoop. 

Haters are gonna hate, period. You hated Josh like he Shmucked your mother, so good for you. It's a step backwards for the rest of us. 

53 minutes ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

Don't believe everything you hear on the Internet.  :)  

33 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

And if Josh fails another drug test? Different story huh? Or would you rather have him fail it on the Browns and get exactly nothing for him? 

32 minutes ago, Mark O said:

so clearly you chose not to read the article that said that Hue had little to do with trade.    And another one of you....over react much?  Far from the worst trade in the history of the NFL.  Not even the worst trade in the history of the Browns. 

I don't think Po has much of a Crystal Ball predicting what Gordon is going to do. He was all whiny too when we sent his dreamboat Trent Richardson packing IIRC. Oakland traded Randy Moss to the Pats for a 4th, but he didn't have 1\3 of the baggage Josh carries with him. 

Worst Browns trade had to be unloading HOFer Paul Warfield for the rights to draft Mike Phipps. Worst trade in NFL history? Has to be the Hershel Walker trade, followed closely by Mike Ditka giving up his entire draft to take Rickey Williams...   

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Shmuck you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/09/18/browns-reportedly-gave-up-josh-gordon-over-commercial-shoot-pulled-hamstring/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.edb2e02de1be

Haters are gonna hate, period. You hated Josh like he Shmucked your mother, so good for you. It's a step backwards for the rest of us. 

And fuck you sideways little boy....

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/17/josh-gordon-injury-mri-revealed-hamstring-should-be-ok-for-week-3/

How about that....MRI revealed his hamstring is just fine.   So which is it fanboy...did he hurt his hamstring or not? 

Getting a 5th from the Patriots is essentially a 6th rounder so it pretty much equates to <NOTHING

He pulled his hamstring before the first game, it merely "flared up" during the photoshoot. Hammy's take a little time to stretch out. 

He was only 10 minutes late to the meeting. This is KNEEJERK at it's finest. 

If Josh had failed another test then this would be a different story. He's making league MINIMUM, Bell is giving up more per game than Josh will make all season long.

Whatever, Hue and Dorsey are trash and what's done is done. It's cowpoop but there's nothing I can do until I can afford to buy out Jimmy's convict butt.

Just now, PoeticG said:

Getting a 5th from the Patriots is essentially a 6th rounder so it pretty much equates to <NOTHING

He pulled his hamstring before the first game, it merely "flared up" during the photoshoot. Hammy's take a little time to stretch out. 

He was only 10 minutes late to the meeting. This is KNEEJERK at it's finest. 

If Josh had failed another test then this would be a different story. He's making league MINIMUM, Bell is giving up more per game than Josh will make all season long.

Whatever, Hue and Dorsey are trash and what's done is done. It's cowpoop but there's nothing I can do until I can afford to buy out Jimmy's convict butt.

How do you breathe with your head that far up Josh Gordon's ass???

Shmuck you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/09/18/browns-reportedly-gave-up-josh-gordon-over-commercial-shoot-pulled-hamstring/?noredirect=on&amp;utm_term=.edb2e02de1be

Get your head out of your a-s-s Po, and get a dose of reality. It might only be a step backwards for guys who fall in love with a particular player to the detriment of supporting the team, how come Kevin Hogan isn't starting yet? 

1) I don't hate Josh Gordon, in fact I think he's a terrific football player, when he's on the field, which has been seldom the last 5 years. For the record, I'll bet Mark doesn't hate him either. 

2) He wasn't traded just because of a hamstring injury- and if' you're following along- which you're not- it was a highly probable fake injury that strangely was 100% on Monday. 

3) The Browns didn't give up on him solely because of that one event.  It was a cumulative pile of manure over the last 5 years waiting for Josh to get his act together. He was told what he had to do to be in good standing with the team- and he couldn't do it. SO

4) This wasn't a knee jerk reaction- at at all. If this was golf, the Browns had already spotted Gordon a mulligan on damn near every hole, how many you want to give him Po? Unlimited? It doesn't work that way in real life, or the NFL. 

Now go cry in your beer- he's gone. If he gets his act together and plays like the next Randy Moss for the Patriots- good for him. The Browns aren't willing to take the chance he's not going to f-up again. 20\20 hindsight says Chris Carter was right- we should have dumped him years ago, and saved the fans and Front Office a lot of grief. 

Archived