is hue gone on monday?

Clevfan4life

is hue gone on monday?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. yay or nay?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Landry is a LEGIT #2 and would thrive opposite a player like Gordon. Now he's going to get all of the attention. 

Gordon, Landry, Callaway, Higgings was the group. We're now missing a HUGE piece to the puzzle and that pisses me off. 

If this was over a failed test or something like that I could understand. But, this was something different and it doesn't feel right. It feels vengeful or done in spite. 

Wasn't well thought out, well planned or well executed. If they were going to trade him they should have built him up and done it before the trade deadline and they could have got a 1st/2nd rounder for him. Knee jerk reaction from a FO jerk that just got here in December. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns locker room is the one most suffering today. The players don't trust the FO anymore. They should be getting them help not screwing them over. Dorsey just made it that much harder for this team to ever win a game. 

Uhm,   you can be one real dumbarse.   I suspect that the locker room has not trusted Gordon for many moons now.  Not showing up half the time....always some excuse.....and they always had to wonder if he was going to be one toke over the line Sweet Jesus.

Having the slimmest chance of having Gordon out there FAR-FAR and away surpasses the option of trading him for a 5th round pick. 

This FO cannot manage a talent like Josh Gordon? Better off without him? I'm over here laughing out loud at this Shmucking insanity. 

I hate the people in charge of this team... with a passion. They are so far out of touch and so full of themselves... a fifth round pick- for Josh Gordon? Maybe if they paid the guy he wouldn't have to be out doing a promotional video. That really doesn't matter though, they would have just found another excuse to have their revenge. 

Haley said Josh started because he's trying to win a game. He's not out there to try and teach a lesson, just to win a game. Hue and Dorsey aren't interested in winning football games, they've made that obvious. 

9 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Having the slimmest chance of having Gordon out there FAR-FAR and away surpasses the option of trading him for a 5th round pick. 

This FO cannot manage a talent like Josh Gordon? Better off without him? I'm over here laughing out loud at this Shmucking insanity. 

I hate the people in charge of this team... with a passion. They are so far out of touch and so full of themselves... a fifth round pick- for Josh Gordon? Maybe if they paid the guy he wouldn't have to be out doing a promotional video. That really doesn't matter though, they would have just found another excuse to have their revenge. 

Haley said Josh started because he's trying to win a game. He's not out there to try and teach a lesson, just to win a game. Hue and Dorsey aren't interested in winning football games, they've made that obvious. 

Such an angry little girl.  What you do not understand feckless fool, is that that 5th pick is likely MORE than any other team was willing to give for him.  Hello!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Such an angry little girl.

giphy.gif

Reminds me of Hue at the end of every game the last 2 years. "We have to play better, we will" ~ WHEN HUE? WHEN WILL WE Shmucking PLAY BETTER? WHEN YOU'RE GOOOOONE! THAT'S WHEN

Just now, The Gipper said:

No.....it reminds all of us of you.

Not all of us, just the ones that can't think outside of the box or see the forest for the trees. 

43 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

We saw Gordon play 69 snaps or whatever his first game and was wide open, mugged during his route or completely missed by our blind QB that game. 

Hey look Linus - there's Great Pumpkin!  Did you see him?

No I FREAKIN blinked. And I don't feel like saying FREAKIN if you know what I mean...

20 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I’ll go with “because the billionaire who owns the team wants him”. He’s also coaching a team that is pretty damn competitive that needs a few tweaks. 

ColumbusKing makes it sound like there's a billion unemployed Bill Belichicks just ready to take this team to 14-2. 

Do people realize that changing the HC means a new HC that will want his own hand-picked Coordinators. More specifically, if you like the progress you've seen in QB hurries, sack inventory, interceptions and fumbles - you're going to have to really like watching Gregg Williams get fired.  You're rooting for another new system over one that's just starting to be fun to watch.  They've given us 8 turnovers and an impressive volume of sacks and QB hurries.

Haley is working with a lot of guys that have played together here for any length of time.  We have 2 new tackles, 3 new QBs, all of the WRs are new except for Higgins, 1 new TE, a 2nd year TE and DeValve.  2 RBs (Hyde and Chubb) are new with Duke returning.  So, the offense should have looked like they've all played together for years NO EXCUSES.  Continuity of of scheme is 1 year behind Gregg Williams.  That said, I expect to see steady progress,  And did we or didn't we see some progress from week 1 to week 2?  If we had an NFL kicker that shows up on the scoreboard. It's coming.  We improved considerably on the penalties and completion percentage from week 1 to week 2.  Pass protection improved a little but still needs better consistency, which is to be expected this time of year.   We moved the ball and rested our defense enough to give them fresh legs.  One reason we're moving the ball is because we're rarely turning it over.  Progress or regression?  It's a big reason both games went down to the end of regulation/OT. 

Yeah, 0-1-1 in 2 games we should have won sucks but there is progress and play makers here on both sides of the ball.  If someone gets an NFL kicker in here - I doubt we're gonna want to clean house again. If that was ever the answer, we wouldn't have had to repeat it so many times for the same result. 

Promoting the DC or OC to HC won't call for a complete overhaul. Hue is useless as it is. Addition by subtraction. You all subscribe to that anyway. 

Hue is a spineless piece of garbage with NO redeeming qualities what-so-ever. A canned response machine that makes me sick to my stomach. 

Yesterday he shied away from all Gordon questions and said he'd address them today. They trade him away and all the shitbag can say is, he's a patriot now and we're moving on, don't want to get into it, gutless chump- couldn't even dive into the lake by himself... he's so full of Sheet he'd probably sink to the bottom. 

The only motivation Hue has ever inspired in me is to skip watching this dumpster fire and actually clean out the gutters on Sunday.

Only someone living in the land of denial didn't know full well that Puffy had played his last game in Cleveland as of Saturday afternoon when it was announced he was being released.  Did you think that was all just a strange mid september  April fools joke? 

10 hours ago, nickers said:

Well.. you asked "Any News".. Like it matters.. Signing a kicker is news...  Doh!!

It's a little concept called c-o-n-t-e-x-t...

Learn it...

Embrace it...

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Landry is a LEGIT #2 and would thrive opposite a player like Gordon. Now he's going to get all of the attention. 

Gordon, Landry, Callaway, Higgings was the group. We're now missing a HUGE piece to the puzzle and that pisses me off. 

If this was over a failed test or something like that I could understand. But, this was something different and it doesn't feel right. It feels vengeful or done in spite. 

Wasn't well thought out, well planned or well executed. If they were going to trade him they should have built him up and done it before the trade deadline and they could have got a 1st/2nd rounder for him. Knee jerk reaction from a FO jerk that just got here in December. 

Hardly knee jerk, they were most certainly aware of his history. Call it a cumulative effect. It's the other way around Po, the FO finally got tired of Josh jerking them around. Or would you want me to list the number of times he's been suspended? Just this year, training camp is about to start, and Josh "needs more time to get his head straight", and heads to rehab again. I've lost track of how many times. Then on the eve of heading to New Orleans- (after the game plan is in place) and Hue and Haley have made him a prominent part of it-  he has a hamstring issue, which by Monday is miraculously gone. 

Face it, if Josh was a fifth round nobody, he'd have been gone in 2013. The only reason we kept hanging on was because he's immensely talented. I have no doubt this year, he was given the terms of staying with the team in writing, and there was a zero tolerance policy if he screwed up again. 

Here's the timeline Po, and it's why he isn't a Brown anymore. One more failed drug test, and he's done for good.  http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-gordon-timeline-news-cleveland-browns-nfl-reinstatement-denied-suspension/1m9gwhfoku9ns1ozy4pktmnj4k

Knee jerk reaction?!!...he's had 4 years to sort himself out 😁

Pats have taken a gamble on him...and thats exactly what he is...a gamble. The difference is the pats will have a look and if he steps out of line he'll be gone in the blink of an eye. They won't be relying on him like we are. They have a roster that is packed with talent. 

Browns on the other hand have been relying on him for years...giving everyone false hope. A super talented WR is useless if he's not on the field. Hanging on to the hope he will sort himself out is unfair on other guys who really want it. I'd rather have Higgins on the field busting his gut every game.

Absolutely the correct call imo.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

It's a little concept called c-o-n-t-e-x-t...

Learn it...

Embrace it...

Context is very important! 

.......when taken in the proper context. :blink:

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hardly knee jerk, they were most certainly aware of his history. Call it a cumulative effect. It's the other way around Po, the FO finally got tired of Josh jerking them around. Or would you want me to list the number of times he's been suspended? Just this year, training camp is about to start, and Josh "needs more time to get his head straight", and heads to rehab again. I've lost track of how many times. Then on the eve of heading to New Orleans- (after the game plan is in place) and Hue and Haley have made him a prominent part of it-  he has a hamstring issue, which by Monday is miraculously gone. 

Face it, if Josh was a fifth round nobody, he'd have been gone in 2013. The only reason we kept hanging on was because he's immensely talented. I have no doubt this year, he was given the terms of staying with the team in writing, and there was a zero tolerance policy if he screwed up again. 

Here's the timeline Po, and it's why he isn't a Brown anymore. One more failed drug test, and he's done for good.  http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-gordon-timeline-news-cleveland-browns-nfl-reinstatement-denied-suspension/1m9gwhfoku9ns1ozy4pktmnj4k

+1...

What's up with this "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" feedback limit?

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Promoting the DC or OC to HC won't call for a complete overhaul. Hue is useless as it is. Addition by subtraction. You all subscribe to that anyway. 

Sometimes a Coordinator is a better Coordinator than Head Coach right Wade Phillips?  Right Norv Turner?  Right Lindy Infante?  Who's ready to take over as DC or OC on this staff?  Have you thought about that?  Zampese did a horrible job as OC in Cincy.  Some of you guys are talking out your poop shoot on this... If if the Interim HC fails - then we bring in a brand new offense and a brand new defense again. 

If Gregg Williams or Todd Haley was meant to be a Head Coach they would have remained in that capacity...  I know you're thinking the same applies to Hue (and you may be right); but we're only 2 games deep into a new OC while our defense is improving.   Let's see what happens.  The time to hire an upgrade or keeper at HC isn't 2 games into a regular season.      

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... fair enough....

just messin with ya a tad... I takes me at least 3 hours to clear the fog when I wake up from My 3-4 sleeping cycle. Then factor in the hydration from Oral Diabetic meds.. Its like trying drag your own personal barge out of bed lol..

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hue is a spineless piece of garbage with NO redeeming qualities what-so-ever. A canned response machine that makes me sick to my stomach. 

Yesterday he shied away from all Gordon questions and said he'd address them today. They trade him away and all the shitbag can say is, he's a patriot now and we're moving on, don't want to get into it, gutless chump- couldn't even dive into the lake by himself... he's so full of Sheet he'd probably sink to the bottom. 

What would have had him say?

Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's.  I can't blame him this season.  He had our team in position to win each game, and true to form, we found ways NOT to win.  I can't blame him, I really can't.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

+1...

What's up with this "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" feedback limit?

I've hit the wall on likes a few times too Tour, not sure how many you get each day, but it's not unlimited. It rolls over on a 24 hour cycle.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What would have had him say?

LOL, here's the uncensored version. "We finally got so pissed off at Josh's antics, we decided enough was enough. Plus we thought he was probably back to doing drugs and booze again. that phony hamstring issue didn't sit well either." 

8 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

Knee jerk reaction?!!...he's had 4 years to sort himself out 😁

Pats have taken a gamble on him...and thats exactly what he is...a gamble. The difference is the pats will have a look and if he steps out of line he'll be gone in the blink of an eye. They won't be relying on him like we are. They have a roster that is packed with talent. 

Browns on the other hand have been relying on him for years...giving everyone false hope. A super talented WR is useless if he's not on the field. Hanging on to the hope he will sort himself out is unfair on other guys who really want it. I'd rather have Higgins on the field busting his gut every game.

Absolutely the correct call imo.

Actually the Pats are thin at WR, until Edelman comes back. I'm not going to go to NFL.com and dig up the article, but they spelled out pretty clearly why they took a flyer on Josh. The short version is losing to the Jags, they just double covered Gronk on every play, and dared Brady to beat them with the rest of his rag-tag group of WRs. With Gordon and Edleman on board, teams won't be able to do that.  

Archived