THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Saints Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

All rivalries suffer when the results get and stay lopsided for a length of time.

Absolutely.

News flash, the Steelers and their fans would laugh in our faces if we contended that the Browns are still their biggest rival. That boat sailed years ago.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely.

News flash, the Steelers and their fans would laugh in our faces if we contended that the Browns are still their biggest rival. That boat sailed years ago.

The Browns ARE their biggest rival.   The fact that they have had to fight harder for the division title against the Ravens and the Bengals does not detract from that fact.

Its just like the OSU/Michigan rivalry.   Penn State is a much bigger threat to OSU for the division/conference title, but that does not mean they replace FMU as the Buckeyeys biggest rival.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Browns ARE their biggest rival.   The fact that they have had to fight harder for the division title against the Ravens and the Bengals does not detract from that fact.

Its just like the OSU/Michigan rivalry.   Penn State is a much bigger threat to OSU for the division/conference title, but that does not mean they replace FMU as the Buckeyeys biggest rival.

The Ravens are the Steelers biggest rival. 

It's not even close, Gip. 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Don't take the bait.

It's not trolling, or baiting... (Or 'GO AWAY, I'M BATING!' either)

I know many Steelers fans from the SW corner of PA... Butler-area specifically. 

They aren't telling me this just to be mean. (Maybe a little, but not entirely 😉)

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I was talking to you, not about you.

As I see it the list of PTG's AFCN rivals in order is:

1. BLT
  2. CIN
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. Us

I guess we have a different concept of what a rivalry is.  For you guys, apparently, a rivalry is simply a momentary thing.   Whomever is good at the same time and competing for titles are the biggest rivals.    I say bollox to that.    If that is the measure, then the biggest rivalry in the AFC is the New England Patriots vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars.    After all, those are the two teams that are vying for the AFC crown.

To me, rivalry is tradition, history.  It is something that has been built up over decades and decades, not just the current thing. 

The Browns and the Steelers have one of the most historic rivals in football.....even if one team has not been good and the other has.

The New England Patriots biggest rival is the New York Jets....going back to AFC days....even though the Jets have been about as bad against the Pats as the Browns have been against the Steelers.   The Packers and the Bears are one of the biggest rivals in NFL history....even though the Packers have dominated for years now.

This is not to say that the Steelers vs. Bengals or Ravens isn't a rivalry.....those are just NOT the historic rivalry that the Browns and Steelers are.  Given their entwined pasts,  the Browns  should have minor rivalries with both Cincy and Baltimore.    I call both teams the bastard stepchildren of the Browns,  because of the circumstances under which each franchise was formed.  But THE major historical rivalry in the AFCN is Browns/Steelers, as it goes back to 1950, and it don't matter who is good or not, it is a huge rivalry.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's not trolling, or baiting... (Or 'GO AWAY, I'M BATING!' either)

I know many Steelers fans from the SW corner of PA... Butler-area specifically. 

They aren't telling me this just to be mean. (Maybe a little, but not entirely 😉)

I noticed in the under 40 (+/-) diehard steelrz fans almost a pity.  They just don't remember the Joe turkey Jones planting Bradshaw and all those good memories. 

It's mainly we older boomers keeping those memories alive.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:53 AM, MLD Woody said:

But when my entire institution is protecting a domestic abuser and then the guy that got caught covering it up, I can see why you'd be grasping at straws about shoes to feel better. 

Urban Meyer is 6-0 against Michigan...so that would make him a domestic abuser.

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Urban Meyer is 6-0 against Michigan...so that would make him a domestic abuser.

And Jim Tressel was 9-1 including 7 in a row, he owned "m".  

The only NCAA coach to win over 100 wins with two different schools, nasty.

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Luckily that all happened over a year ago. Those records disappeared... somehow

The one year worth of texts provided thousands (I believe it was 10k) of pages to sort through. you really think he kept three years worth of texts? He said daily he sends out hundreds of text two players and recruits that include graphics and videos. His i.t guy had it set months ago to not keep anything older than one year because of storage capacity.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

The one year worth of texts provided thousands (I believe it was 10k) of pages to sort through. you really think he kept three years worth of texts? He said daily he sends out hundreds of text two players and recruits that include graphics and videos. His i.t guy had it set months ago to not keep anything older than one year because of storage capacity.

Hopefully Zach wasn't sending any "graphics or videos" to recruits...

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I was a TTUN fan I'd hold tightly to their moral high ground too.

Because they kind of suck at football on the field. 

But, they do not really have or hold any moral high ground upon which to stand.

I mean, they could be an SEC team with their history of cheating and covering up criminal activity by their players, etc.

Archived