• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tinythinker said:

The script so far for this season:

1. Defense is OK with flashes of talent, keeps CLE in games

2. Offense slogs through, then goes all out at the end to try for a comeback

3. Special teams are the difference maker... in preventing wins

Defense isn't just good it's great. Second straight week they've held future HOF QBs to mediocre numbers, Stoolers offense scored 35 points this wk and Saints scored 40 last week. Offense improved over last week given that they were able to execute a ball control offense for most of the game and kept the ball away from Brees. Special teams remained putrid though.

37 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

For this game and for our offense, l accept that there are limitations. But for what we have right now and where we are at, l thought it was a good game plan.

What are you realistically expecting from the offense at this time?

I actually thought they'd be worse.  The dink and dunk at minimum keeps them from being laughed off the field.  The O-line is below average, the most explosive RB is the QB, our QB can't start for the Bills and our most talented WR was just cut.  I'm at a loss how a "so-called" NFL Front Office and Coaching Staff thought that this $hit Stew would be any good.

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

Unfortunately there are still a good number of totally unbiased posters that will take every opportunity to rip on Pep. Even when he's having a pretty good game. 

But then again I respond so I guess I'm not helping. 

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

do we have anyone better for returns? i dont know, but if he isnt muffing catches keep him doing it....thats how low my bar is at this point.

If we did, they'd probably be out there. I think there's concerns across all phases of the special teams now though. Coverage,blocking, returns, kicking etc. 

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Unfortunately there are still a good number of totally unbiased posters that will take every opportunity to rip on Pep. Even when he's having a pretty good game. 

But then again I respond so I guess I'm not helping. 

The fact that your handle pic is a photo of him in a TTUN uniform and not a Browns uniform makes me think you really aren't that upset about it. 

I mean seriously, I sometimes wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a Jabrill Peppers fan. 

And I'm not one of the guys who gives you Sheet about him, either. 

2 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

But in general, is it just me or does the AFC simply look terrible this year.

You have to wonder if the Patriots and Steelers are starting to regress, finally. 

Pittsburgh's defense is swiss cheese, the Patriots are getting beat by 11 by the Jaguars. 

The power teams seem to be in the NFC, but I love what this season could end up being. IT'S WIDE OPEN. An argument could be made for a 1/3rd of either league as legit AFC/NFC league winners. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You have to wonder if the Patriots and Steelers are starting to regress, finally. 

Pittsburgh's defense is swiss cheese, the Patriots are getting beat by 11 by the Jaguars. 

The power teams seem to be in the NFC, but I love what this season could end up being. IT'S WIDE OPEN. An argument could be made for a 1/3rd of either league as legit AFC/NFC league winners. 

Pats should be on the way out but if the Jags get any kind of decent QB play they are very good

57 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

Myles had several pressures and some moves that should have lead to holding calls that the zebra's blatantly ignored.

No sacks, but he did some good work today.  

53 minutes ago, syd said:

well I guess we have that he doe's fair catch well 

deal!!!     dead serious too. If he isnt dropping punts he can fair catch till he's blue in the face. Im sick of little sht tripping up this team, if all the guy has are good hands....im sold, fair catch away. But reality is wgen he does bring it out he's serviceable. And he protects the ball. So enough about him. He's coming into.his own at SS......he's going to be a major piece of williams's defense. Who cares where he went to.school? I cant even remember the last time michigan was worth a sht anyway, its like steelers fans being asked to care about our ancient irrelevant rivalry

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

This one’s on the special teams honcho. 

bottom line is ramrod taylor will not lead any nfl team to the promise land....end of story...so why do we have yet another loser at qb...i see every friggin team playing their rookie qbs right away for the last several yrs...its the way things are now in the nfl...these clowns need to see if mayfield was worth the number 1 pick...why is he sitting behind yet another browns qb loser...he stinks...play the kid for christ sake....as far as i am concerned looking back last yr when baby huey was pumping the ever livin crap out of rg3 and now this crap with ramrod taylor......i am not sure if huey was pumping ramrod like he did the gimp, but if he did, then he needs to go. hue jackson's was pumped by the browns as being some guru  qb coach....pfffffft...yeah right....

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

ummmmm....we lost ...we played a defense that have up 40 plus pts last week......sure we have a piece of Sheet kicker, but i see this offense as the same ol same ol ...and where has that gotten us in the past....friggin ramrod taylor as qb with a running back that is worse than crowell....yeah, we are just a friggin incredible offense.....by the way, where is the idiot wr we got from miami......heh heh heh....same ol same ol....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.....

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The fact that your handle pic is a photo of him in a TTUN uniform and not a Browns uniform makes me think you really aren't that upset about it. 

I mean seriously, I sometimes wonder if you are a Browns fan or just a Jabrill Peppers fan. 

And I'm not one of the guys who gives you Sheet about him, either. 

I'm a Browns fan, and a Cleveland fan, through and through. Born and raised. Decided to move back to the city. I'll always be a fan of this team unlike those that bitch and moan and attack our players on here. 

23 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

deal!!!     dead serious too. If he isnt dropping punts he can fair catch till he's blue in the face. Im sick of little sht tripping up this team, if all the guy has are good hands....im sold, fair catch away. But reality is wgen he does bring it out he's serviceable. And he protects the ball. So enough about him. He's coming into.his own at SS......he's going to be a major piece of williams's defense. Who cares where he went to.school? I cant even remember the last time michigan was worth a sht anyway, its like steelers fans being asked to care about our ancient irrelevant rivalry

Uhhhh

No. No. Never mind. We're moving forward and I should just let it go.

16 minutes ago, browns52 said:

bottom line is ramrod taylor will not lead any nfl team to the promise land....end of story...so why do we have yet another loser at qb...i see every friggin team playing their rookie qbs right away for the last several yrs...its the way things are now in the nfl...these clowns need to see if mayfield was worth the number 1 pick...why is he sitting behind yet another browns qb loser...he stinks...play the kid for christ sake....as far as i am concerned looking back last yr when baby huey was pumping the ever livin crap out of rg3 and now this crap with ramrod taylor......i am not sure if huey was pumping ramrod like he did the gimp, but if he did, then he needs to go. hue jackson's was pumped by the browns as being some guru  qb coach....pfffffft...yeah right....

Yeah, just look at Mahommes!.... Wait... He sat his rookie year? Oh... nvm

47 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Myles had several pressures and some moves that should have lead to holding calls that the zebra's blatantly ignored.

No sacks, but he did some good work today.  

yeah id have to go back and redo all the def snaps, not sure i have the chops for that today. I just remember the eye test telling me that left tackle had his number, coupled with brees having a short timer. I didnt mean to insinuate myles played poorly, but he wasnt the handful he was last week.

actually the guy that impressed me was chris smith #50......i had no idea who ge was till today. But he's prerty fukking stout on that left edge, and he has a decent power dig around the edge. He's better than og imo, if he can keep that up

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Uhhhh

No. No. Never mind. We're moving forward and I should just let it go.

yeah i know michigan seemed like they were coming up again the last few years, and nothing would make me happier than that game helping either team in the bcs....but it looks like it fell flat, tbey suk again. Which suks for osu.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

yeah i know michigan seemed like they were coming up again the last few years, and nothing would make me happier than that game helping either team in the bcs....but it looks like it fell flat, tbey suk again. Which suks for osu.

Damn it man you're gonna make me respond in a perfectly reasonable way and I'm gonna get jumped on it OSU trolls. They'll beat me up then cover it up. 

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Damn it man you're gonna make me respond in a perfectly reasonable way and I'm gonna get jumped on it OSU trolls. They'll beat me up then cover it up. 

hehe, i long for the old days when that final game was a war. I want what alabama and auburn have when that game usually has profound bcs ramifications.

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

hehe, i long for the old days when that final game was a war. I want what alabama and auburn have when that game usually has profound bcs ramifications.

Sigh

You mean like two years ago? With the... let's say "controversial" calls

Or last year if we don't have the worst QB performance of all time from our 3rd stringer

Damn it here we go

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sigh

You mean like two years ago? With the... let's say "controversial" calls

Or last year if we don't have the worst QB performance of all time from our 3rd stringer

Damn it here we go

Those were good games and there have been more however only one in past 11 years has had playoff/bcs/national championship ramifications for both teams. I think that's what he speaking on not the fact that the games are close or whatever. 

Edit: the one game being "the spot" game as had Michigan won they would have been in playoff and I intentionally said 11 years to leave out the game of the century. Also I had to oblige to your Damn it here we go.

Archived