THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Saints Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, syd said:

did peppers do anything at all today ? 

Hey actually did more than Ward today. Had a better game. Made a lot of good plays that might not necessarily show up in the box score.

But I know all of Pep's criticism is 100% unbiased and has nothing to do with his college.... lol. 

I'll let you just foam at the mouth over in the corner. Maybe you can get that education one day 

3 minutes ago, syd said:

did peppers do anything at all today ? 

Peppers had several good tackles on running plays.  Defense as a whole played well to hold New Orleans  to only 21 points.  If the kicker could kick, its a win for the Browns.

Too long without a win. The team will be taking an extra touch before throwing. You could tell zane over thought every kick.

We just need one horrible win. The right decision by the ref. An amazing throw by the QB. Or the opposition not kicking well.

Once we have a win. You would hope we can build from it.

The reaction by some on the board is actually very similar to Michigan games recently (oh no, I said that awful word. Please just try to stay with me)

Our offense has been so bad that we rely completely on our Defense. They get no help from the O and are constantly on the field. Eventually, they'll crack once, late in the game, and people will start going at the defense and blaming them. It's very ignorant. 

1 minute ago, British Browns Fan Everton said:

Too long without a win. The team will be taking an extra touch before throwing. You could tell zane over thought every kick.

We just need one horrible win. The right decision by the ref. An amazing throw by the QB. Or the opposition not kicking well.

Back to the days of 4 or 5 win seasons?

It would help to get a spark from within the team on the offense as someone that becomes the big playmaker and raises the bar. Not sure who that would be.

Just now, MLD Woody said:

The reaction by some on the board is actually very similar to Michigan games recently (oh no, I said that awful word. Please just try to stay with me)

Our offense has been so bad that we rely completely on our Defense. They get no help from the O and are constantly on the field. Eventually, they'll crack once, late in the game, and people will start going at the defense and blaming them. It's very ignorant. 

Anyone who thinks this is on the defense is insane.  The offense stinks.  Tyrod is terrible, NJokeWho is Greg Little 2.0 and the O-Line can't run block.

10 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

It was a bad pick taking Peppers as high as they did but he tackles well, not much else but he does tackle.

If you want to look hard at busts, look no further than NJokeWho

what I am amazed about is are 2nd rounders being picked that high you would think atleast one would be a starter

How long can this circus continue......Hue does not know how to lead a team to victory.......PERIOD!!!!!!Thank God our defense has some bright spots....and keeps us in games, but if the offense with some if the best all-around  talent we've had in years cannot get it done, you have to put the blame where it belongs.....on the head of the coach. Players execute, but coach is supposed to lead. He continues to sound like there is nothing wrong. Hue......It is not what you say, it is how you say it. Hue is not a winner. 

2 minutes ago, giosea11 said:

How long can this circus continue......Hue does not know how to lead a team to victory.......PERIOD!!!!!!Thank God our defense has some bright spots....and keeps us in games, but if the offense with some if the best all-around  talent we've had in years cannot get it done, you have to put the blame where it belongs.....on the head of the coach. Players execute, but coach is supposed to lead. He continues to sound like there is nothing wrong. Hue......It is not what you say, it is how you say it. Hue is not a winner. 

I didn't see anything that Hue did today that caused them to lose this game. This is on the kicker plain and simple, there were some play calls you might question but again Haley is making the play calls not Hue.

6 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

I didn't see anything that Hue did today that caused them to lose this game. This is on the kicker plain and simple, there were some play calls you might question but again Haley is making the play calls not Hue.

Of course Hue caused them to lose todayHe was on the sidelines. They won’t win with him still coaching this team. He’s a loser

18 minutes ago, British Browns Fan Everton said:

Welcome to the board. Win’s coming. One way or another.

11 minutes ago, giosea11 said:

Welcome to the board. Yep. Hue. 

We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

tyrod lost us the game tbh. Zane, yes ofc he cost us points....but tyrod blew some easy passes, just like last week except ge was indoors so no excuses. Those easy passes were game managing clock controlling game winning passes......then the INT hit. We all k ew it was coming. Even if the kicker didnt cost us those points, tyrods performance is very troubling. Is mccown out there? 

5 minutes ago, giosea11 said:

We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

This is EXACTLY correct. Hue is a loser and the team will not win with him as head coach. 

5 minutes ago, giosea11 said:

Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

36 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Wouldn't Ward and Thomas have gone against each other at OSU's practices?

Not necessarily - Ward didn't slip into the rotation until 2016 and by that point the majority of the practice looks would have been from Apple, Conley, Hooker, Lattimore, etc etc.   

Still, MT is a year 3 NFL receiver in a professional strength program that has seen the best DB's the game has to offer.    Denzel has a lot of promise but this wasn't a matchup I expected him to excel in.     Still, he had a solid showing but his body placement on the fade wasn't ideal.   Might not have mattered either way.  6'3 is 6'3.

9 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Today was on special teams but the offense is offensive.  Anyone who has watched these two debacles and has been inspired by this offense needs therapy 

Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey actually did more than Ward today. Had a better game. Made a lot of good plays that might not necessarily show up in the box score.

But I know all of Pep's criticism is 100% unbiased and has nothing to do with his college.... lol. 

I'll let you just foam at the mouth over in the corner. Maybe you can get that education one day 

How did he have a better game? I'm just wondering what you saw. Commentators even made the remark that a majority of the Saints passing came on the left side of the field because they were avoiding Ward. I think he gave up three catches to Mike Thomas

Archived