THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

Just got home from a great 2 day vacation in San Diego and this thread is the best news I've read on this forum in years......... Phuck off Puffy. 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, we have been on the same page on this guy all along. I just spit fire and brimstone differently than you do. Along the way, I was condemning the NFL for what I thought was unfair punishment. Rather than mingle adjectives and feelings, my position is what I hope the organizations' is; It doesn't matter what happens in Gordon's future, we need to put him in our past. He needs to be gone. There are too many good players and positive energies with this team now to bee flucking around with this idiot.

Again- is this team cursed or what? We played well enough to win today. Then our kicker tries to do a Josh Allen imitation kicking- can't convert a kick. We win this game otherwise. It's always something...

Larry, it isn't always something. It is the same thing. Offense wins. Everything else is just fluff. Since 1999, you have argued with me, and the one thing consistent with the Browns is that they have purposely not participated in taking the top tier offensive playmakers. Ben, AP, Julio Jones, Trubisky, Barkley, and now this year? More meaningless players.

Be honest, can you not at least look at the history of your posts and realize that maybe you continue to bark up the wrong tree? Larry, buddy, if I had a nickel for every time you have told me........

• if not for that playu
  • if he just makes that catch
  • if they don't throw that flag
  • if he just makes that kick
  • we played good enough to win

I really would have a lot of nickels. You think getting a new kicker will solve this plague? A KICKER? That's the magic? Larry, as long as I have known you, you treat the symptoms and not the illness. You don't draft a Zumba instructor and a midget QB, you don't sign a run-first QB, you don't fill the backfield with average backs, and expect to win football games. You don't draft an OL #1 when you have no ability to score.

The reasons the Browns continue to lose is because they have no offensive weapons. They cannot put games away Offense always has, and offense always will make the difference between champions and nobodies.

The only reason the Browns lost today is that they can't score touchdowns. You cannot depend on a kicker every single week. You look at 2 missed field goals and say to yourself " if only the kicker did this, we win"....I look at the entire game. I see a defense that holds the score down, I see two key turnovers, and I see a team that has every opportunity to win, but instead leaves the door open for teams to make a comeback. Bro, when you can't put a team away, you give away the momentum and you give away the game.

Marty and Kosar go down in history as losers for the very same reason.

The Browns missed the boat on this draft. Barkely was the right pick and one of the BIG QBs would have been available. HYOu mark my words, Mayfiled is not going to be much. If he was, he would have outshined Tarkenton. All season long, you will be saying the same thing...."we played good enough to win. The problem is, we don't draft good enough to win.

It's sad, buddy. But jeezus, how many times are the Browns going to make the same exact choices and realize that it is offense, offense offense that is the missing link?

47 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, it isn't always something. It is the same thing. Offense wins. Everything else is just fluff. Since 1999, you have argued with me, and the one thing consistent with the Browns is that they have purposely not participated in taking the top tier offensive playmakers. Ben, AP, Julio Jones, Trubisky, Barkley, and now this year? More meaningless players.

Be honest, can you not at least look at the history of your posts and realize that maybe you continue to bark up the wrong tree? Larry, buddy, if I had a nickel for every time you have told me........

• if not for that playu

I really would have a lot of nickels. You think getting a new kicker will solve this plague? A KICKER? That's the magic? Larry, as long as I have known you, you treat the symptoms and not the illness. You don't draft a Zumba instructor and a midget QB, you don't sign a run-first QB, you don't fill the backfield with average backs, and expect to win football games. You don't draft an OL #1 when you have no ability to score.

The reasons the Browns continue to lose is because they have no offensive weapons. They cannot put games away Offense always has, and offense always will make the difference between champions and nobodies.

The only reason the Browns lost today is that they can't score touchdowns. You cannot depend on a kicker every single week. You look at 2 missed field goals and say to yourself " if only the kicker did this, we win"....I look at the entire game. I see a defense that holds the score down, I see two key turnovers, and I see a team that has every opportunity to win, but instead leaves the door open for teams to make a comeback. Bro, when you can't put a team away, you give away the momentum and you give away the game.

The Browns missed the boat on this draft. Barkely was the right pick and one of the BIG QBs would have been available. HYOu mark my words, Mayfiled is not going to be much. If he was, he would have outshined Tarkenton. All season long, you will be saying the same thing...."we played good enough to win. The problem is, we don't draft good enough to win.

It's sad, buddy. But jeezus, how many times are the Browns going to make the same exact choices and realize that it is offense, offense offense that is the missing link?

can't believe i'm going to say this but spot on

5 hours ago, Mark O said:

He's a vested vet so if he's released he becomes a free agent.

Is he? I thought he lost 2016 due his final game suspension with JFF... 🤨

SOMEBODY BETTER MAN THE Shmuck UP AND ADMIT THAT THEY OVERREACTED!!!! APOLIGIZE FOR MAKING STUPID THREATS AND NOT KEEPING PLAYER DISIPLINE IN HOUSE... 

12 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

SOMEBODY BETTER MAN THE Shmuck UP AND ADMIT THAT THEY OVERREACTED!!!! APOLIGIZE FOR MAKING STUPID THREATS AND NOT KEEPING PLAYER DISIPLINE IN HOUSE... 

Long time no see, PoG! 

Here you go, your assignments for this season: defend Hue, Gonzalez and Josh Gordon. 

13 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

...... dude, I just can't even. 

Just now, D Bone said:

.... Don't forget Trent. 

I'm trying to guess which is going to be the storyline this season for PoG. Have you got in mind any other dubious Browns player you think he can back? 

Just now, Nero said:

I'm trying to guess which is going to be the storyline this season for PoG. Have you got in mind any other dubious Browns player you think he can back? 

I'm still trying to forget his creepy obsession over Hogan. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm still trying to forget his creepy obsession over Hogan. 

I bet you Hogan is too.

Hogan is going to take over that Bronco's team shortly. 

4 minutes ago, syd said:

njuko (whatever with the spelling) was supposed to be that guy to bad he can't catch

Another great pick.  Gotta love drafting a project TE in the 1st round.  I need to do a draft search for all the fools who were talking up that pick.  Browns Kool-Aid causing delusion and amnesia since 1999

21 minutes ago, syd said:
  42 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

With Gordon gone we have zero red zone threats on this team.

njuko (whatever with the spelling) was supposed to be that guy to bad he can't catch

DeValve was also supposed to be an end zone threat.  

....I guess Willies isn't anywhere near ready to see the field.  I like his size.  

45 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

With Gordon gone we have zero red zone threats on this team.

WTF? He isn't a red zone threat. Even if he was playing, Who TF is going to throw to him? Sockeyed Tarkenton? How the hell can anyone expect to win with a schidt QB?

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

• if not for that playu

Yeah but we needed a kicker to come through this week. He makes everything-we win. Missed kicks are often the difference between winning and losing. Just ask the Vikings and Packers. Let's see what Barkley does tonight against the Cowboys before you anoint him the second coming of Jim Brown. 

FYI, Dink and dunk scored a 47 yard TD bomb to Callaway on 4th down (rookie offensive player). Ward make rookie of the week. yeah, Dorsey drafted like crap.  My as-s. 

We churned the roster to the tune of 31 new players- and with decent kicking should have beaten a team that was a miracle short of going to the NFC title game, on their home turf. In case you forgot, the Saints scored their winning TD on a drive they would have otherwise been forced to punt from the 50, but got a gift ticky-tack illegal contact call for a first down. 

3 minutes ago, syd said:

seems that trade to move up in the first round to get mahomes worked out pretty damn well I do not understand the hate on Mayfield (I wanted Darnold btw ) as he has not played a meaningful down yet

I'll be the first to admit I heard Rumblings that we were interested in Mahomes in that draft at 12 and I wanted no part of him. And so far it looks like I was way wrong. Dude Looks Like a bona fide superstar in the making.

Although DeSean look really good also when teams didn't have tape on him so we'll have to see if he keeps progressing because I think Watson will not.

14 minutes ago, syd said:

seems that trade to move up in the first round to get mahomes worked out pretty damn well I do not understand the hate on Mayfield (I wanted Darnold btw ) as he has not played a meaningful down yet

I don’t think it’s hate as much as we have serious needs on this team and taking a long shot QB that isn’t as good as Tyrod Taylor wasn’t the best move.

26 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t think it’s hate as much as we have serious needs on this team and taking a long shot QB that isn’t as good as Tyrod Taylor wasn’t the best move.

wonder how long it will take until we find out about Mayfield ?

22 minutes ago, syd said:

TieRod was 22 of 30.  That's markedly improved from game 1...so I'm not seeing it happen THIS week.

19 minutes ago, syd said:

I still contend that he'll be starting the game after the bye week at the latest - which is game #11. 

The #1 overall pick of the Draft with 40+ college starts on a team hopelessly out of the playoff hunt isn't sitting all season. 

A good organization would keep him on the bench until he would be setup to take the team to the next level but we’re talking about the Browns so Ill say after the bye week against the Bengals

Archived