THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

If he's "clean" he'll never get to the Pats on a waiver claim. If he flunks another drug test, he's gone for at least the rest of the year- go sit on the porch with Justin Blackmon and smoke your life away Josh. Sad, sad, sad. 

I would not compare him to Blackmon. He's flunked some tests but he's not out getting dui's and risking people's lives. His story is honestly pretty tragic, drug use from a young age and frankly Marijuana should NOT be a banned substance for the league especially with the countries stance on legalization heavily weighted in the pro. I hope it's not another failed test whether he's a brown or not. He's a likable guy.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Not long ago you guys eviscerated me for not being sympathetic to Josh. You went on and on how I was heartless, unsympathetic and downright insensitive and cruel.

I maintained all along that Josh had no character. I maintained that with all the time he had to ready himself, missing training camp should have been his last hurrah. But you geniuses knew better............hell, your medical expertise assured the board that Josh was being mature and finally doing the right thing by taking the extra time to get straight.

I told you all along you were all full of schidt. 

You guys live by what you are fed in the media. You guys are incapable of accepting any reality that doesn't feed a narrative that says " NEVER MIND COMMON SENSE, AND LIFE EXPERIENCE, THERE IS MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES AND MOST PEOPLE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BROWNS GENIUS UNDERWORKINGS.

Now, you guys can pizz and moan all you want, but the ONLY REASON Gordon has made the Browns look like idiots, the ONLY REASON the Browns now do not have a stud WR, is because Dorsey, Hue, and company are not very smart. This is on Dorsey, the genius (idiot), and nobody else. How the hell can I know Gordon was going to do this, and the idiot Browns FO not know it? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LOSERS.

You guys believe what you are told in the media. I don't, in fact, I don't pay much attention to " the experts". TO a man who lives by common sense and mainstream values, Gordon not being able to meet commitments and show up on the opening day of practice was a telltale sign that he was drunk and doped up. There is nothing sad about Josh Gordon being done, the only sadness is that he shortchanged his team, coaches, fans and supportive city. Dorsey has egg on his face and i hope he is held to the fire for it. This is all on him.

What a minute.

Who the hell did the Browns cut that was so fantastic to keep a flyer on Gordon coming back? 

Make the Browns look stupid? Guy came back after missing all of camp, having zero time to practice and scored a game tying touchdown on a cirus catch, had a bomb thrown to him on a go route that should have lead to another TD if called correctly. Man what a bunch of dumb asses for keeping that guy around that was a massive game changer in game one of his return. Could have Sammie Coates standing on the sideline instead of him!

Jarvis Landry = Browns #1 WR.  Who did Dorsey miss on that was available and better?

Do you think before you post? Paxton Lynch, Tom Brady, etc....are you ever right about anything? 

If he was released because he was late to practice I don’t buy it! If he’s not being released due to another failed drug test than why not trade him? 

This whole things smells💩 The Pied Piper better have some quality answers for us and soon! 

More adversity, more evasive answers from the Front Office

The Saints will win in a blow out and the Browns will be scrambling for someone to step up on offense.

Baker Mayfield will be in sooner than later & hopefully Higgins and Callaway will pick up the pace. 

Jarvis Landry & Njoku will need to have pro bowl seasons

Hyde will need to get the ball 20 times a game and take a page out of the Seahawks Super Bowl run. 

It absolutely blows my mind the amount of shock by some on here about this... the conspiracy theories... the Josh Gordon is somehow a victim narratives.

The guy is in no way, shape or form someone you can depend on. How this hasn't been made crystal clear by now for some of you is utterly confounding. 

I highly doubt he ever plays a full season in the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

What a minute.

Who the hell did the Browns cut that was so fantastic to keep a flyer on Gordon coming back? 

Make the Browns look stupid? Guy came back after missing all of camp, having zero time to practice and scored a game tying touchdown on a cirus catch, had a bomb thrown to him on a go route that should have lead to another TD if called correctly. Man what a bunch of dumb asses for keeping that guy around that was a massive game changer in game one of his return. Could have Sammie Coates standing on the sideline instead of him!

Jarvis Landry = Browns #1 WR.  Who did Dorsey miss on that was available and better?

Do you think before you post? Paxton Lynch, Tom Brady, etc....are you ever right about anything? 

Jarvis Landry is NOT the Browns #1 talent at WR. He may be #1 because he was there, but everyone at the Browns FO was expecting Josh to take his place as our #1. Landry is not of the caliber of a AJ Green or Julio Jones and you will see that now. The jokes about how stupid the Browns are, are already circulating in the media and social media. This is yet another embarrassment to the Browns.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So.... Dez?

I wouldn't doubt they gave Dez a ring- his asking price just went up though.   

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Releasing the statement is good because it allows any team who wants to hit a home run to offer something in return for Gordon.

Be a miracle if we can get anything better than a conditional 6th.   

26 minutes ago, Opal312 said:

If he was released because he was late to practice I don’t buy it! If he’s not being released due to another failed drug test than why not trade him? 

This whole things smells💩 The Pied Piper better have some quality answers for us and soon! More adversity, more evasive answers from the Front Office

The Saints will win in a blow out and the Browns will be scrambling for someone to step up on offense.

Baker Mayfield will be in sooner than later & hopefully Higgins and Callaway will pick up the pace. Jarvis Landry & Njoku will need to have pro bowl seasons

Hyde will need to get the ball 20 times a game and take a page out of the Seahawks Super Bowl run. 

I just changed my prediction- I had the Browns covering the spread. With Gordon gone, and Kirksey out- Saints are poised to win big.  

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It absolutely blows my mind the amount of shock by some on here about this... the conspiracy theories... the Josh Gordon is somehow a victim narratives.

The guy is in no way, shape or form someone you can depend on. How this hasn't been made crystal clear by now for some of you is utterly confounding. 

Agreed.

This new culture won't rely upon wishing & hoping....It's a culture of action & what action has JG shown?...Do it or bye-bye. I applaud them.

Mike

46 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I dont know how the others think, I am not surprised, but doesn't mean we shouldn't feel bad for the guy. Not the football player, the human being.

Not talking about you or anyone in particular, but I have seen it for years with all kinds of things, mainly sports. Well how could so and so do this, he is a multimillionaire etc. But I look at it a different way. He is still a human being, and just as susceptible to things as the rest of us. Just because he is extremely athletic and made it to the league doesnt mean he cant be messed up in the head. I have witnessed people who had severe addictions/problems, I am sure we all have. The only thing different from them and Gordon is what is in the bank account.

Sure, maybe he shouldn't be playing football, but I dont feel it is right to talk about him personally unless you have walked in his shoes.

God Bless

Gunz, I am not talking about having compassion for Josh Gordon the man. However, open your other eye and consider this..................

The Browns team coached and fans have forgiven him over and over. Money has been spent, promises have been repeatedly broken, and now, lies come out in abundance. Not just Josh lying about why he missed training camp, but lies from his doctors and caregivers, from his agent, and from anyone who was close to him. Consider the money, time, energy and momentum this franchise lost by putting things on hold for him?

Gordon wasn't just late to practice, he lied about the reason being a hurt hamstring, and as you will see in the reports coming out (they will minimize the language) but people we know pretty high up have already passed the word, he smelled of booze and pot. He was drunk AND high.

Man, you can soft-sell this all you want, but this makes the Browns organization look stupider than ever. To not see this coming? To not sign someone and cut ties with this guy months ago? Inexcusable. Josh Gordon is a junkie. Until he stops lying about his " sobriety" and how important it is to him and admits that he is a habitual liar, deceiver, and addict he will never get better.

Dorsey has egg on his face

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

Agreed.

This new culture won't rely upon wishing & hoping....It's a culture of action & what action has JG shown?...Do it or bye-bye. I applaud them.

Mike

But Dorsey and Hue have been hoodwinked by him over and over. That is the bigger story. We all knew Gordon is garbage.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

But Dorsey and Hue have been hoodwinked by him over and over. That is the bigger story. We all knew Gordon is garbage.

We needed his talent.  They gave him one last chance to prove that he wanted to be a football player and had matured enough to do it.  By coming in to work phucked up, he proved that he's hopeless.  (we don't yet know for sure that he was high.....but it sure sounds like him)

So now, two thirds of my Three Thug Receiver Set is gone.  

1 minute ago, Orion said:

We needed his talent.  They gave him one last chance to prove that he wanted to be a football player and had matured enough to do it.  By coming in to work phucked up, he proved that he's hopeless.  (we don't yet know for sure that he was high.....but it sure sounds like him)

So now, two thirds of my Three Thug Receiver Set is gone.  

No, you can take it as the truth. I do know. 100%. He was both drunk and high. He stunk of booze. No debate at all.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Not long ago you guys eviscerated me for not being sympathetic to Josh. You went on and on how I was heartless, unsympathetic and downright insensitive and cruel.

I maintained all along that Josh had no character. I maintained that with all the time he had to ready himself, missing training camp should have been his last hurrah. But you geniuses knew better............hell, your medical expertise assured the board that Josh was being mature and finally doing the right thing by taking the extra time to get straight.

I told you all along you were all full of schidt. 

You guys live by what you are fed in the media. You guys are incapable of accepting any reality that doesn't feed a narrative that says " NEVER MIND COMMON SENSE, AND LIFE EXPERIENCE, THERE IS MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES AND MOST PEOPLE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BROWNS GENIUS UNDERWORKINGS.

Now, you guys can pizz and moan all you want, but the ONLY REASON Gordon has made the Browns look like idiots, the ONLY REASON the Browns now do not have a stud WR, is because Dorsey, Hue, and company are not very smart. This is on Dorsey, the genius (idiot), and nobody else. How the hell can I know Gordon was going to do this, and the idiot Browns FO not know it? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LOSERS.

You guys believe what you are told in the media. I don't, in fact, I don't pay much attention to " the experts". TO a man who lives by common sense and mainstream values, Gordon not being able to meet commitments and show up on the opening day of practice was a telltale sign that he was drunk and doped up. There is nothing sad about Josh Gordon being done, the only sadness is that he shortchanged his team, coaches, fans and supportive city. Dorsey has egg on his face and i hope he is held to the fire for it. This is all on him.

Tom, the only reason the Browns- and the fans were cutting Gordon this much slack is because it's freaking obvious- when he's actually on the field playing- he has upper level HOF talent. Or you miss that TD he caught against the Steelers? 

I've been one of the biggest Josh supporters around here, but enough is enough. Like the guy who's married to the hottest woman around, and she's constantly cheating on him. And "oh gee honey, this time it's going to be different." This was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. You don't get unlimited chances to fly right, and Gordon's gotten more than I can count. 

If he did have a relapse- and you don't know that yet- it's just innuendo at this point- he's done in the NFL. But I doubt it was he was "just late for a meeting". Really sad, if he had been able to beat his addictions, he'd have a contract that would be paying him 10s of millions of dollars by now.

Yeah- hindsight is always 20\20 Tom, maybe we should have taken Chris Carter's advice and cut bait years ago. 

Just now, hoorta said:

Tom, the only reason the Browns- and the fans were cutting Gordon this much slack is because it's freaking obvious- when he's actually on the field playing- he has upper level HOF talent. Or you miss that TD he caught against the Steelers? 

I've been one of the biggest Josh supporters around here, but enough is enough. Like the guy who's married to the hottest woman around, and she's constantly cheating on him. And "oh gee honey, this time it's going to be different." This was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. You don't get unlimited chances to fly right, and Gordon's gotten more than I can count. 

If he did have a relapse- and you don't know that yet- it's just innuendo at this point- he's done in the NFL. But I doubt it was he was "just late for a meeting". Really sad, if he had been able to beat his addictions, he'd have a contract that would be paying him 10s of millions of dollars by now.

Yeah- hindsight is always 20\20 Tom, maybe we should have taken Chris Carter's advice and cut bait years ago. 

It isn't innuendo. I don't have it from the news. I have it from the Browns FO. The guy came in phucked up.

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Possibly Hue, but Dorsey is new here & I don't think he was hoodwinked by JG at all. I believe talking to Dez shows that Dorsey wasn't depending on JG.

Mike

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Hue Jackson - Statistically the worst coach in the history of the #NFL stays. Josh Gordon - Possibly a top 3 WR talent in this league who we have invested a lot of time into is released due to fibbing about a hamstring injury.

can we cut you from the fan base? ur takes on literally every topic are woefully inept.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

His talent was never good enough to warrant allowing him to hold the team back. Josh Gordon DOES NOT have anything, anywhere near HOF talent. He will post 1 TD this year. That isn't a lot of talent. AJ Green has 3 in one game. Gordon never did that. Gordon is the dog schidt that gets in between your running shoes. Average talent, belonw average brain, total lack of morals and character. Shame on the Browns for putting all their marbles in his basket.

Again Larry, a man of Faith knows that God put plenty of chrries on the tree. TO hold out for just one cherry is to slap the creator in the face. There are plenty of great WR we could have replaced this average talent with.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

It isn't innuendo. I don't have it from the news. I have it from the Browns FO. The guy came in phucked up.

Link please?  I don't doubt that's the case, but I want a more official source than Ghoolie.   I forgot you're in constant contact with Haslam's wife.  :D 

As Canton Mike just said- Gordon may have been on the roster, but Dorsey trust for him to be available all season was about as far as he could throw him. 

4 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Possibly Hue, but Dorsey is new here & I don't think he was hoodwinked by JG at all. I believe talking to Dez shows that Dorsey wasn't depending on JG.

Mike

If he would have cut Gordon and signed Dez? THen yeah, we could say Dorsey know what was going down. Dorsey is only talking to Dez because everyone else is. 

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

no

fukking

bs

srsly, some browns fans are just too stupid

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

His talent was never good enough to warrant allowing him to hold the team back. Josh Gordon DOES NOT have anything, anywhere near HOF talent. He will post 1 TD this year. That isn't a lot of talent. AJ Green has 3 in one game. Gordon never did that. Gordon is the dog schidt that gets in between your running shoes. Average talent, belonw average brain, total lack of morals and character. Shame on the Browns for putting all their marbles in his basket.

Again Larry, a man of Faith knows that God put plenty of chrries on the tree. TO hold out for just one cherry is to slap the creator in the face. There are plenty of great WR we could have replaced this average talent with.

Get real Tom. In case you forgot- Gordon is the only WR in NFL history to post back to back 200 yard receiving games. And he did it with crap quarterbacks throwing him the ball. 

Just now, hoorta said:

Get real Tom. In case you forgot- Gordon is the only WR in NFL history to post back to back 200 yard receiving games. And he did it with crap quarterbacks throwing him the ball. 

I've been watching the Browns since the early 80s.

Josh Gordon's 2013 season was the single most dominant season I've ever seen from a Browns player, regardless of side of ball or position. 

But that was 2013. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

u know he fukked up if hue even had enough. This is a disaster lockeroom goat fuk tho. Any mild amts of positivity we had from last weeks tie is gone

I'm curious how many players in the locker room heard the news and said to themselves: "About damn time...." 

I'm disappointed in Josh.. I staunchly defended him.. Rightly or wrongly so... But if it turns out he was clean.. it's another dumb move.. But , I gotta believe he mustve fukked up somehow.. They don't just cut you for no reason...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm disappointed in Josh.. I staunchly defended him.. Rightly or wrongly so... But if it turns out he was clean.. it's another dumb move.. But , I gotta believe he mustve fukked up somehow.. They don't just cut you for no reason...

The whole training camp situation just seemed... odd. 

I have a feeling in the upcoming weeks we'll be hearing a lot of Gordon stories. 

Archived