Jump to content
darren15

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Because you implied by your post that Dorsey would trade Josh to New England to put him in a better situation rather than trade him to Oakland because the value in between the two pics was less than that of a late 7th rounder. So I used your logic and your values to show you that even the first pick of the 5th round and the 14th pic of the third round had equal value to the last pick in the NFL draft. So according to your logic that there's less than a 7th round pick in value between a late 5th and early 5th the same can be said for anything after the 14th pick of the third round and an early 5th. So by your logic he wouldn't care to take a mid third-rounder or early fifth as long as Josh Gordon got put in a better situation. That is not changing an argument that is debating your argument.

Saying that your logic of well the difference between the pics is less than a late 7th rounder so it wouldn't matter to him whether it were late 5th or early 5th is flawed.

Go ahead and show my two posts where I gave two different scenarios and say that I'm changing my argument but also show your post where you said that you could see him trading Josh to a better situation because the value in between the first pick and the last pick of the 5th round is less than that of a late 7th rounder. Which is where my second scenario came from. Funny how you left that part out of my second post. I know you can see the point i was making because I know you're an intelligent guy but you don't like the fact that I used your own argument against you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Looks like Brady’s road playoff performances have crept into the regular season...

Pats got Vrabeled... saw that one coming. Should they meet again in the playoffs, the results will likely be quite different.

5 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Because you implied by your post that Dorsey would trade Josh to New England to put him in a better situation rather than trade him to Oakland because the value in between the two pics was less than that of a late 7th rounder. So I used your logic and your values to show you that even the first pick of the 5th round and the 14th pic of the third round had equal value to the last pick in the NFL draft. So according to your logic that there's less than a 7th round pick in value between a late 5th and early 5th the same can be said for anything after the 14th pick of the third round and an early 5th. So by your logic he wouldn't care to take a mid third-rounder or early fifth as long as Josh Gordon got put in a better situation. That is not changing an argument that is debating your argument.

Saying that your logic of well the difference between the pics is less than a late 7th rounder so it wouldn't matter to him whether it were late 5th or early 5th is flawed.

You ignored part of the deal that more than equalizes picks spanning the 5th round.

I pointed that out.

Now I'm out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pats got Vrabeled... saw that one coming. Should they meet again in the playoffs, the results will likely be quite different.

You ignored part of the deal that more than equalizes picks spanning the 5th round.

I pointed that out.

Now I'm out...

We gave them a conditional 7th they didn't give us a 7th unless im missing something. So how does that equalize the picks spanning the 5th round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Pats got Vrabeled... saw that one coming. Should they meet again in the playoffs, the results will likely be quite different.

Vrabls  dad taught at my high school 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Mark O said:

That's what I believe but no one will ever know.

People also believe "Deflategate" was actually a thing when the following week the Vikings were putting balls in microwaves on live TV the week their dome fell and they played at UW stadium.  News flash: Carnegie Mellon showed the difference was within the natural variance PURELY due to temperature.

You're welcome to your own emotions, you're not welcome to your own facts.

Unless and until you show proof of another offer.... it didn't exist, period.  I've shown my proof --- either show your proof or be an adult, buck up, and drop your assumption that anyone else offered more for Gordon. 

 

I'm so damn tired of this nonsense... it's binary: Either the offer existed or it didn't.  One of the two is true.

 

Put up or shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

People also believe "Deflategate" was actually a thing when the following week the Vikings were putting balls in microwaves on live TV the week their dome fell and they played at UW stadium.  News flash: Carnegie Mellon showed the difference was within the natural variance PURELY due to temperature.

You're welcome to your own emotions, you're not welcome to your own facts.

Unless and until you show proof of another offer.... it didn't exist, period.  I've shown my proof --- either show your proof or be an adult and change your assumption.

I agree with you.   I don't think there was a better offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I agree with you.   I don't think there was a better offer.

Beyond that why would there be a better offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

People also believe "Deflategate" was actually a thing when the following week the Vikings were putting balls in microwaves on live TV the week their dome fell and they played at UW stadium.  News flash: Carnegie Mellon showed the difference was within the natural variance PURELY due to temperature.

You're welcome to your own emotions, you're not welcome to your own facts.

Unless and until you show proof of another offer.... it didn't exist, period.  I've shown my proof --- either show your proof or be an adult, buck up, and drop your assumption that anyone else offered more for Gordon. 

 

I'm so damn tired of this nonsense... it's binary: Either the offer existed or it didn't.  One of the two is true.

 

Put up or shut up.

There's no way there was a better offer. If there were John Dorsey would have taken it. He doesn't care enough about Josh Gordon to take a lesser offer just so that puffy's in a better situation.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Pats got Vrabeled... saw that one coming. Should they meet again in the playoffs, the results will likely be quite different.

You ignored part of the deal that more than equalizes picks spanning the 5th round.

I pointed that out.

Now I'm out...

By the way if the Patriots had given us a 5th round and a 7th round pick that again would be the best deal over just a fifth-round from the Raiders for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

By the way if the Patriots had given us a 5th round and a 7th round pick that again would be the best deal over just a fifth-round from the Raiders for example.

Still creating arguments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Still creating arguments?

No I'm confused as to how us giving them a 7th rounder more than makes up for the pics spanning turn me 5th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×